There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive Take-Aways

We can blame the offense and Alex Smith all we want, but the defense has regressed in the category of take-aways especially with regards to interceptions - 1 INT in the last four games...Yes when you throw the ball 45 times like Smith did , chances are you will make more mistakes. But we have seriously taken a step backwards in causing turnovers - especially in the secondary. They get burned on big plays, can't hold on the ball when it comes near them. Teams know the 49ers weakness - throw deep.
the 1st 4 games we avg 1.8 takeaways a game. The last 4 we have avg 0.8.
Yes the defense is not making plays on the ball. Our defense tips the ball in the air it falls to the ground. When the offense gets a ball tipped in air it goes right to a defender for the pick.
Are you high on something cause if you are you need to share! The Titans drove the length of the field what 3 or 4 times? most of the point we gave up came on short fields due to the poor play of Alex Smith... he is the difference in that game not the Defense, sorry.

Hey our d has dropped off lately, amazingly around the same time the offense did, hmmmm I wonder!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Are you high on something cause if you are you need to share! The Titans drove the length of the field what 3 or 4 times? most of the point we gave up came on short fields due to the poor play of Alex Smith... he is the difference in that game not the Defense, sorry.

Hey our d has dropped off lately, amazingly around the same time the offense did, hmmmm I wonder!

Thank you! it's obvious when all the articles point to the 9ers playing well and having their backs against the wall. It was very very obvious what happened in that game, the 9ers TURNED THE BALL OVER TO MUCH RESULTING IN 24 OF THE TITANS 34 PTS.

Now if we would have just given up the 10 pts the D legitimately gave up I'm fine with that considering C.Johnson is an elite RB and always breaks 1 or 2 runs against everyone.

The defense is NOT the problem on this team! In fact I would love if some stats guru would figure out the stats of the 9ers D minus the posessions when their backs were against the wall (after a TO or whenever they defend a very short field)

I bet they would be top 5 in the NFL easy!

#2 rushing D going into Sunday and we did a better job against Johnson than most teams do (even though he had a very good game)

the only bad play by the DB's yesterday was the one where Gage went Air Jordan or everyone and made that catch.

Although we should have won and should always beat teams like the Titans I am still encouraged by this team and by A.Smith for a couple reasons.
1) Smith hasn't played in forever EVERYONE would make some mistakes in these circumstances Smith is in.
2) We did open up the offense yesterday more than ever this year which fits what the coaches were saying that it would be a transitional period. This will continue to happen also because it opened up running lanes for Gore.
3) The team finally played J.Hill! Crabtree/Davis are awesome but Smith is still getting used to Crabs and MC is still getting used to the playbook, his teammates and playing football again. As Smith said he and Hill have built up alot of trust with one another, with Morgan playing inconsistent and Bruce completely sucking and getting hurt yesterday it's time to start J.Hill.
Vince Young was hit ONE TIME - ONE TIME on a sack.

ONE TIME.

Inexcusable.
we're giving qb's all day to throw which gives them more time to find an open receiver..need a passrusher and some ballhawks