LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Season Urgency??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OK this being my first thread here we go....Has anybody noticed that this team does not play with a sense of urgency...It seems as if against Houston and the Titans that we played with no sense of urgency, realizing that if we lost those games that our playoff chances were gone. It seems as is we're just playing a meaningless game...Being 3-5 we are back to meaningless games because Arizona is probably only going to lose to Minnesota. We had our F-in chances this year to actually be a playoff team and we could not come through against Minnesota, Houston, Tennessee, hell even Indy. I don't know who to blame for this but I'm justing putting it out there. Maybe its because we are used to playing meaningless games that we don't have urgency but all i know is that I am sick and tired and being left out of the playoffs. This team is a big investment for my family (tickets,hotels,jerseys) and I take losses very hard especially when we give away games..Still Faithful though!

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 9, 2009 at 14:04:00 ]
To me, it seems like when we play a weak team, or team we think is weak cause of record, it seems like we don't try as hard, because maybe they assume oh it's gonna be a easy win.

But when we play these tough teams, we play TOUGH, and look like a contending team, but then lose within a few points.

Why is that? Play great against great teams, play bad against bad teams.
We cannot finish any game of importance and its getting really old being the laughing stock
  • B650
  • Veteran
That's your first post, yet it says that you have 71 posts. Interesting.

Anyway, don't write off the season just yet. Arizona is known to struggle down the stretch.
Originally posted by B650:

Anyway, don't write off the season just yet. Arizona is known to struggle down the stretch.

His first post, the rest were replies im sure.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 9, 2009 at 13:51:22 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:

Replies are considered posts too. Maybe he meant this is his first time creating a thread.
They need to play agressive & urgent on Thursday night!
Originally posted by MadMartz:

Replies are considered posts too. Maybe he meant this is his first time creating a thread.

first created thread thanks
Originally posted by tohara3:
They need to play agressive & urgent on Thursday night!

I'm trying to remain optimistic but we have to win 9 or 10 games to get into the playoffs. We can still win this division! we are 2 games behind Ari but we play them again and they have a tougher upcoming schedule. We beat them 1 more time and ensure 6 or 7 wins over the next 8 games (still very do-able) we will make it to the playoffs and be the cinderella (spelling?) of the NFL.
Smith hasn't played much in 2 years, he's playing well at times and making some mistakes but overall looks like a reborn player IMO. Will he eliminate the mistakes and become our franchise QB? that's the golden question.
Season urgency - a most appropriate thread title indeed!

I'm skipping posts titled "Big Picture" or other some such pablum.

WIN NOW!

Singletary certainly gets the urgency. Not so sure about McCloughan or Jed.

But what about the p;layers? Sunday's game vividly pointed out how only 1 of the 11 players on the field can negate the effort of all the others.

The Tennessee game was an absolute MUST WIN game for the Niners if they were at all serious about a playoff objective. This loss was DEVASTATING. No way to sugar coat it.

So, I also ask, where is the Season Urgency for every player on this 53-man roster? Maybe it needs to be translated to "Keep Getting Your Paycheck" urgency (as things would be in the real world).

The playoffs are shot to hell, but can we please use these last 8 games to find out if ANY of these 3 QB's on the roster, has the right stuff to match the urgency of Frank Gore and Patrick Willis?

Originally posted by jimbagg:
Season urgency - a most appropriate thread title indeed!

I'm skipping posts titled "Big Picture" or other some such pablum.

WIN NOW!

Singletary certainly gets the urgency. Not so sure about McCloughan or Jed.

But what about the p;layers? Sunday's game vividly pointed out how only 1 of the 11 players on the field can negate the effort of all the others.

The Tennessee game was an absolute MUST WIN game for the Niners if they were at all serious about a playoff objective. This loss was DEVASTATING. No way to sugar coat it.

So, I also ask, where is the Season Urgency for every player on this 53-man roster? Maybe it needs to be translated to "Keep Getting Your Paycheck" urgency (as things would be in the real world).

The playoffs are shot to hell, but can we please use these last 8 games to find out if ANY of these 3 QB's on the roster, has the right stuff to match the urgency of Frank Gore and Patrick Willis?

Thank You!!! I Want to win now! I just want to make it to the playoffs!
Share 49ersWebzone