LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

What did all of the haters expect?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So here we are, standing at 3-5, halfway through the season.

After several tough opponents, and a string of crippling injuries to a few of our best players, what do you seriously expect??

We are a young team at virtually all positions.

The offensive line is in flux.

We knew that we didn't have a franchise QB coming into the season. Hopefully we come out of it with one.

We have ANOTHER first year offensive coordinator.

We essentially are in the first year of a "new" defensive system.

We have a first year head coach.

We didn't make the playoffs last year.

We are playing in a division with the Superbowl representative from last year.

We have a tough schedule.

We don't really have a superstar on offense, though Vernon Davis and Crabtree could be.

So what does all of these factors translate to??? Probably a 9-7 record at best. There is still work to be done.
You do bring up some good points -- but there's no way this team will finish 9-7.

However -- I think a lot of people had real hope that Singletary would turn it around this year -- in his first year.

Yes -- that might have been a little too much to ask. Head Coaches need at least three seasons on the job. They rarely get that kind of time anymore -- but it's what they need.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
You do bring up some good points -- but there's no way this team will finish 9-7.

However -- I think a lot of people had real hope that Singletary would turn it around this year -- in his first year.

Yes -- that might have been a little too much to ask. Head Coaches need at least three seasons on the job. They rarely get that kind of time anymore -- but it's what they need.

Yeah, 9-7 is pushing it, but I honestly thought going into the season that 8-8, a top 10 defense, and some life in the offense would be a step in the right direction.
Share 49ersWebzone