There are 167 users in the forums

The Defense has tanked hard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Our pass defense is horrible in key situations

Part of it is the play of the players but I've seen some horrible play calling that has cost us. This goes back to the minny game when we played soft and let Favre beat us on a final drive and final play where our Safties weren't even covering the back of the endzone.
Originally posted by jcs:

Part of it is the play of the players but I've seen some horrible play calling that has cost us. This goes back to the minny game when we played soft and let Favre beat us on a final drive and final play where our Safties weren't even covering the back of the endzone.

that's Roman for u
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tohara3:
They can't get any game changing turnovers to swing the game in our favor.

Come on guys that's not the whole story.

The defense should be able to be a little better against a QB getting his 2nd start of the YEAR.

The D stunk it up just a bit. Even with turnovers, Chris Johnson still had a ridiculous number of yards rushing on the edges.

I don't know what everybody else is talking bout but I agree with you. They can't get off the field when they need to. they don't make stops when the team needs them too. Like you said VY is a poor qb making his 2nd start of the season and the guy isn't rattled or getting pressured at all. i mean I didn't even see the niners blitz. and i don't wanna here it's b/c they don't want to give up the big play, b/c the Titans WR's are terrible. And on top of that the big plays still happened. Manny and Parys both need to be replaced. Safety play was poor at best, and missing Nate was huge. CJ ran all over the niners defense.

Agreed.

The deep throw to Gage had nothing to do with a turnover. He was double-covered and both Goldson, Brown and Lewis had their back to the QB and didn't even play (or look for the ball) a jump ball thrown to the middle of the field. Inexcusable.

Not to mention the 1st deep pass to he just beat Spencer. I don't understand why some folks aren't seeing the whole picture. Maybe they feel good to just say it's all the offenses fault. Yes those turnovers killed the team and are the main reason for the lost. But at the same time you have to be setting there wondering when some body on this defense besides Willis is gonna make a play. Just like in the Vikings game. When the defense needed a stop they gave up a big play to Farve. In the Texans game when they needed a stop Owen Daniels still beat our players. Needed a stop yesterday they let VY and Gage beat them deep and Parys forgets how to tackle. Colts game need a big stop they let the RB throw a TD to Wayne. the defense is a solid unit but it needs work. They need a stud player in there front 7 that can beat a guy and hit the qb.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

that's Roman for u

It's more than just one player...we only rushed 3 on that play, had one LB and the rest were DB's (6 guys) and the only guy covering the endzone was Roman?? On the replay it seemed like most of the DB's were in sitting the middle of the field when they needed a TD to win...just stupid play calling.

The defense should be able to be a little better against a QB getting his 2nd start of the YEAR.

The D stunk it up just a bit. Even with turnovers, Chris Johnson still had a ridiculous number of yards rushing on the edges.

I don't know what everybody else is talking bout but I agree with you. They can't get off the field when they need to. they don't make stops when the team needs them too. Like you said VY is a poor qb making his 2nd start of the season and the guy isn't rattled or getting pressured at all. i mean I didn't even see the niners blitz. and i don't wanna here it's b/c they don't want to give up the big play, b/c the Titans WR's are terrible. And on top of that the big plays still happened. Manny and Parys both need to be replaced. Safety play was poor at best, and missing Nate was huge. CJ ran all over the niners defense.

Agreed.

The deep throw to Gage had nothing to do with a turnover. He was double-covered and both Goldson, Brown and Lewis had their back to the QB and didn't even play (or look for the ball) a jump ball thrown to the middle of the field. Inexcusable.

Not to mention the 1st deep pass to he just beat Spencer. I don't understand why some folks aren't seeing the whole picture. Maybe they feel good to just say it's all the offenses fault. Yes those turnovers killed the team and are the main reason for the lost. But at the same time you have to be setting there wondering when some body on this defense besides Willis is gonna make a play. Just like in the Vikings game. When the defense needed a stop they gave up a big play to Farve. In the Texans game when they needed a stop Owen Daniels still beat our players. Needed a stop yesterday they let VY and Gage beat them deep and Parys forgets how to tackle. Colts game need a big stop they let the RB throw a TD to Wayne. the defense is a solid unit but it needs work. They need a stud player in there front 7 that can beat a guy and hit the qb.

I agree. Solid pass rusher and a stud safety are a must. Goldson is a good hitter and seems good against the run, but he hasn't done s**t against the pass.
Need to produce turnovers instead of turning the ball over.
I can't remember the last time we forced a TO.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Turnovers haven't happened....that's the biggest thing killing them.

Yes, offensive turnovers.

that was big for me... I mean, we let Manning burn the last seven minutes of the clock in the Indy game. It seems as though we regularly give up 3rd and long, and I mean really long (12 or more). Our 3rd down defense has to be horrendous.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Why is it always one group of people blaming the offense, and another group blaming the defense.

They both suck.

Share 49ersWebzone