LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Who says defense wins championships.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Top defensive teams ranked 2-5 are a combined 3-13 this month. Only the Broncos and their #1 ranked defense have played well. Someone needs to show this to Sing because this is the style he wants to play.
The titans 3 picks , one via pass rush fumble.
if parys made that tackled on 4th down, we would have won the game! He HAVE to tackle better!
Originally posted by maximill15:
if parys made that tackled on 4th down, we would have won the game! He HAVE to tackle better!

All he had to do is push him out of bounds that idiot! Cut his ass!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

scored 27 points on offense though...

you need an offense to get there (in a winning position)

and a defense to win it
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

scored 27 points on offense though...

you need an offense to get there (in a winning position)

and a defense to win it

I truly believe that the defense lost this game just as much as anyone.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

All he had to do is push him out of bounds that idiot! Cut his ass!

yeah even give him a yard he need 3 and got 4 instead!! he just dove at his feet! WE HAD HIM AND HE SCORES! At least willis laid him out!
"Who says defense wins championships."

Every player and coach who has ever won a championship.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

We have 5 SBs and we didnt win them because of our defense. It was our offense that won us 5 rings.
Originally posted by MadMartz:

We have 5 SBs and we didnt win them because of our defense. It was our offense that won us 5 rings.

Ummmmmm.....have you seen any of those games? Our offensive play was solid in the blowouts (89 and 94), but how can you overlook the defensive play??

Offense is irrelevant if you don't stop the other team from scoring as well.

Ask Bill Walsh, see what he says.

Ummmmmm.....have you seen any of those games? Our offensive play was solid in the blowouts (89 and 94), but how can you overlook the defensive play??

Offense is irrelevant if you don't stop the other team from scoring as well.

Ask Bill Walsh, see what he says.

Dont get me wrong we had some solid defensive play. But we had an offense that could drive down the field and eat up clock. They would sustain drives and keep our defense and more importantly opponents offenses off the field. The best defense is a great offense.

This play made me jump off my couch & walk thru my house cussing like crazy!
wow...

You are saying defense doesn't win championships because you are comparing the last few weeks? When does the championship get determined in November? How many SuperBowls have been won with a great offense and a bad defense? I bet only a handful.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Top defensive teams ranked 2-5 are a combined 3-13 this month. Only the Broncos and their #1 ranked defense have played well. Someone needs to show this to Sing because this is the style he wants to play.

Too early to talk...wait till the playoffs and lets see where those teams are ranked defensively. You can win in the regular season with O...you might get lucky and win a SB but year in year out it's the teams with top 5 D's that win SB's.
The entire decade 80's, 90's dolphins teams, broncos, bills, oilers, eagles, etc. etc. etc...
Share 49ersWebzone