LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Could someone explain this Singletary quote to me?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i totally agree with his quote. if were not good enough to win the division on our own instead of depending on the cardinals to lose, then we arent good enough for the playoffs. he wants to stay focused on our team, as he should
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's concerned with his team, and only his team ATM. Let the rest of the NFL worry about their own games. He didn't say anything new nor complicated.

What does A** TO MOUTH have to do with anything?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
He is not used to being confronted by anyone and the Media attacks him, he does try to intimidate them.

I wish he would acknowledge that we are not a good team until we prove it and start winning games. Faith is good, but is it faith that led him to stay with Shaun Hill to long, or was it premonition that made him chose Raye over more experienced OC
It means....

"I WANT WINNERS"

"I COME FROM THE OLD SCHOOL"

"THIS IS WHEN I'M AT MY BEST"
It means the team needs to worry about its' own, and winning every game they play. When you win your games, it doesn't matter what the Cardinals are doing until the week you play them.
Originally posted by GORO:
He is not used to being confronted by anyone and the Media attacks him, he does try to intimidate them.

I wish he would acknowledge that we are not a good team until we prove it and start winning games. Faith is good, but is it faith that led him to stay with Shaun Hill to long, or was it premonition that made him chose Raye over more experienced OC

What good would come out of the the head coach saying to the media that he does not think they are a good team? Not only would they be a bad team, but a bad team players no longer want to play for.

Stay with Hill too long?

I think his timing on yanking Hill was impeccable. I mean how do you bench a guy after one bad loss? Sitting at 3-2 with one close loss and one bad loss, I don't think there's a coach in the league who would have benched Hill after Atlanta.

One half into the next game he had seen enough . . . good timing I thought.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Stay with Hill too long?

I think his timing on yanking Hill was impeccable. I mean how do you bench a guy after one bad loss? Sitting at 3-2 with one close loss and one bad loss, I don't think there's a coach in the league who would have benched Hill after Atlanta.

One half into the next game he had seen enough . . . good timing I thought.

Agreed, especially since it was coming off a bye week and Houston isn't a good defensive team.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 9, 2009 at 17:51:53 ]
Ya because Singletary can control how the cardinals play every sunday

if this week we were were playing the cardinals, im sure he would care.

could someone explain to me what he should say when asked this question

"WERE GONNA GO GET EM!!!!!YA!!!!!!"
why would you want coach sing to worry about Arizona right now.

he and the team should only be focuses on da bears right now.

he doesnt give a s**t about arizona cuz he cant do nothing about them until we play them on monday night.

some people are so stupid.

ninar talk makes me mad.

Let the coach worry about his own players. God knows they need more coaching.
Originally posted by 9erred:
""I don't care about the Cardinals," Singletary said when asked about falling to two games behind in the NFC West. "I care nothing about the Cardinals. I care nothing about anything else that's happening in the NFL."'

I think it is out of frustration, but in my mind this is a pretty ignorant statemement to come from a HC>

He's focused on fixing HIS team's problems.

He will game plan for the Cards as normal. Simple as that.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrE_DiESeL97:
Originally posted by 9erred:
""I don't care about the Cardinals," Singletary said when asked about falling to two games behind in the NFC West. "I care nothing about the Cardinals. I care nothing about anything else that's happening in the NFL."'

I think it is out of frustration, but in my mind this is a pretty ignorant statemement to come from a HC>

He's focused on fixing HIS team's problems.

He will game plan for the Cards as normal. Simple as that.

Seriously, does this even need an explanation?
I don't care about the Cardinals, either!
He needs to know who is winning the division and how many games back we are.
Share 49ersWebzone