LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Thoughts on the Titans game, Singletary, Raye, Alex, etc, etc

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another tough loss, this one pretty much assures us we won't be making the playoffs this year. Right now we are just finding ways to lose. Guys are playing hard and for the most part playing well it's just the turnovers, that is the reason why we have lost the last two games.

So now Singletary and Raye are getting blamed for throwing the ball to much? LOL. I thought Raye called a pretty good game yesterday and showed he can open it up and be more creative. The result, we moved the ball pretty well and Gore had his most consistant game of the season as he generally had some room to run in large part thanks to the fact we opened up passing and spread it out a bit more.

I thought Alex Smith played okay, I knew he would be nervous playing at home but he settled down after the 1st quarter and made some nice throws. Yes the 3 INT's and the 1 fumble are killers, but honestly I thought only the one INT was really his fault and the fumble could have happened to anyone. That being said, he has to show he can play well in close games late. He has the talent, ability and everything else, he just needs to show he can win close games. Im not putting the whole loss on him and now we have 8 games to see if he is our starting QB moving forward to next year and beyond. No I don't think Nate Davis is ready to start in the NFL, maybe play the last game if Smith truely falls on his face the last 7 games but im not counting on it.

I thought the O-Line played pretty well, Sims had another solid game and the interior O-Line actually created some running lanes for Gore.

Frank Gore- Great player, running, catching, blocking. Man im just so dissapointed the best years of his career are being wasted!

WR's- Crabtree had a nice first half, made a really nice catch late in the 1st half but the ball was rarely thrown to him in the 2nd half and why wasn't it thrown to him at least once when he kept being isolated one on one in the red zone? Issac Bruce sucks and when Jason Hill came in he made plays like he did last year. Josh Morgan is way to inconsistent!

TE's- Vernon Davis continues to play at a pro bowl level. He made some catches yesterday I thought I would never see him make.

Defense- Again played well enough for us to win the game and no way do I blame them for the loss but we are really missing a big time or even real good pass rusher and a playmaking FS. our defense creates no turnovers. I think we should move Goldson to SS next year and Clements to FS or draft or sign another FS who can make some plays like Zack Bronson, Tony Parrish and Merton Hanks did for us at the FS spot. Patrick Willis is amazing! He made at least 3 tackles that not only saved big runs but I thought there was no way he would be able to get there. Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and Sopoaga have been playing really solid for us all year on the D-Line.

So a 4th straight loss and the sky is falling but I still maintain the future is bright here. The losses are killing me make no mistake about it, im tired of losing and I sometimes wonder if their is a black cloud hanging over this franchise and if we will ever make it back to the playoffs. Were in a rut right now, a losing streak where everything is going wrong. I don't blame Singletary, the one thing about Sing is he is not affraid to make changes and is going to do what it takes to win. Some of his decisions (cutting Rossum) have been bad one's but I think he will learn from those moves, remember he still really is a rookie head coach. I do worry the way Singletary is starting to crack a bit and getting edgy with reporters just like Nolan did when he was melting down. It also seems like Sing is reading/listening to the reporters a bit to much and I worry that they also made him and Raye open it up more then they wanted to yesterday, that would be a really, really bad and scary thing if true. Like I said, I thought Raye called a nice game for the most part, threw on some nice pitches, a WR reverse and we even showed a little playaction yesterday. The one thing Raye has done well all year is get the ball to Vernon Davis.

The bottom line is we lost this game because of turnovers, 4 turnovers and we did not get any. That is why we lost and I can't blame the coaches for that. Look we are a miracle play away from winning at Minnesota and maybe a play or two or minus a turnovers from winning at Indy and we would be 5-3 and people would be singing Singletary's praises. The fact is people got a little emotional about how great Singletary is and thought he was a god or something and now I think they are putting to much blame on him.

We have a half of season left. We will find out if Alex Smith is indeed a starting QB in the NFL and see what kind of team we really have. The bright spot is we have two first round picks (may be two top 10 picks) and a ton of salary cap room. The bad news, Scott McCloughan has two first round picks:)

I think were going to be okay, I still think we may make a run before the season is over and I still feel really good about next year and I still like Mike Singletary as our head coach.
Ill also add in that I really am rooting for Alex Smith to succeed not just we can win games and I like Alex Smith but if we have to draft a QB in the 1st rd next year, than you can almost say next year will be a rebuilding year. I do like Colt McCoy from Texas, he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees but the other guys (Lockear, Bradford, Clausen) I am not real impressed with.
anyone got a replay of the alex smith fumble? i was at the game and it looked like he threw it away as he was sacked from where i was sitting...
Originally posted by kujon11:
anyone got a replay of the alex smith fumble? i was at the game and it looked like he threw it away as he was sacked from where i was sitting...

No it was clearly a fumble. Kind of a fluky one though as the Titans defender's helmet knocked the ball out of Smith's hand.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Another tough loss, this one pretty much assures us we won't be making the playoffs this year. Right now we are just finding ways to lose. Guys are playing hard and for the most part playing well it's just the turnovers, that is the reason why we have lost the last two games.

So now Singletary and Raye are getting blamed for throwing the ball to much? LOL. I thought Raye called a pretty good game yesterday and showed he can open it up and be more creative. The result, we moved the ball pretty well and Gore had his most consistant game of the season as he generally had some room to run in large part thanks to the fact we opened up passing and spread it out a bit more.

I thought Alex Smith played okay, I knew he would be nervous playing at home but he settled down after the 1st quarter and made some nice throws. Yes the 3 INT's and the 1 fumble are killers, but honestly I thought only the one INT was really his fault and the fumble could have happened to anyone. That being said, he has to show he can play well in close games late. He has the talent, ability and everything else, he just needs to show he can win close games. Im not putting the whole loss on him and now we have 8 games to see if he is our starting QB moving forward to next year and beyond. No I don't think Nate Davis is ready to start in the NFL, maybe play the last game if Smith truely falls on his face the last 7 games but im not counting on it.

I thought the O-Line played pretty well, Sims had another solid game and the interior O-Line actually created some running lanes for Gore.

Frank Gore- Great player, running, catching, blocking. Man im just so dissapointed the best years of his career are being wasted!

WR's- Crabtree had a nice first half, made a really nice catch late in the 1st half but the ball was rarely thrown to him in the 2nd half and why wasn't it thrown to him at least once when he kept being isolated one on one in the red zone? Issac Bruce sucks and when Jason Hill came in he made plays like he did last year. Josh Morgan is way to inconsistent!

TE's- Vernon Davis continues to play at a pro bowl level. He made some catches yesterday I thought I would never see him make.

Defense- Again played well enough for us to win the game and no way do I blame them for the loss but we are really missing a big time or even real good pass rusher and a playmaking FS. our defense creates no turnovers. I think we should move Goldson to SS next year and Clements to FS or draft or sign another FS who can make some plays like Zack Bronson, Tony Parrish and Merton Hanks did for us at the FS spot. Patrick Willis is amazing! He made at least 3 tackles that not only saved big runs but I thought there was no way he would be able to get there. Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and Sopoaga have been playing really solid for us all year on the D-Line.

So a 4th straight loss and the sky is falling but I still maintain the future is bright here. The losses are killing me make no mistake about it, im tired of losing and I sometimes wonder if their is a black cloud hanging over this franchise and if we will ever make it back to the playoffs. Were in a rut right now, a losing streak where everything is going wrong. I don't blame Singletary, the one thing about Sing is he is not affraid to make changes and is going to do what it takes to win. Some of his decisions (cutting Rossum) have been bad one's but I think he will learn from those moves, remember he still really is a rookie head coach. I do worry the way Singletary is starting to crack a bit and getting edgy with reporters just like Nolan did when he was melting down. It also seems like Sing is reading/listening to the reporters a bit to much and I worry that they also made him and Raye open it up more then they wanted to yesterday, that would be a really, really bad and scary thing if true. Like I said, I thought Raye called a nice game for the most part, threw on some nice pitches, a WR reverse and we even showed a little playaction yesterday. The one thing Raye has done well all year is get the ball to Vernon Davis.

The bottom line is we lost this game because of turnovers, 4 turnovers and we did not get any. That is why we lost and I can't blame the coaches for that. Look we are a miracle play away from winning at Minnesota and maybe a play or two or minus a turnovers from winning at Indy and we would be 5-3 and people would be singing Singletary's praises. The fact is people got a little emotional about how great Singletary is and thought he was a god or something and now I think they are putting to much blame on him.

We have a half of season left. We will find out if Alex Smith is indeed a starting QB in the NFL and see what kind of team we really have. The bright spot is we have two first round picks (may be two top 10 picks) and a ton of salary cap room. The bad news, Scott McCloughan has two first round picks:)

I think were going to be okay, I still think we may make a run before the season is over and I still feel really good about next year and I still like Mike Singletary as our head coach.

Great post! I really hope we can snap out of this funk & get on a roll. I hope this turn around starts on Primetime Thursday night game. Go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone