There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Barry Sims Appreciation Thread

He played well again at LT. It seems as though RT was his weakest position. He could be a serviceable backup to Staley for another year or two. We seriously need to do something about our RT situation
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He played well again at LT. It seems as though RT was his weakest position. He could be a serviceable backup to Staley for another year or two. We seriously need to do something about our RT situation

i think pashos would have been serviceable at RT and our RG position would have been slightly better with Snyder moving over sucks that both Staley and Pashos had to go down but Sims has been the one good surprise on this ol.
He has played well since he's been put in there at left tackle, so props to him.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He played well again at LT. It seems as though RT was his weakest position. He could be a serviceable backup to Staley for another year or two. We seriously need to do something about our RT situation

i think pashos would have been serviceable at RT and our RG position would have been slightly better with Snyder moving over sucks that both Staley and Pashos had to go down but Sims has been the one good surprise on this ol.

Pashos was doing a decent job and getting better to bad he went down. Like many of you I to have been surprised by how well Sims has played.
High praise from Sing for Sims again-

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/11/17/sims-is-playing-%E2%80%98outstanding%E2%80%99-football/

I'm starting to like Conejo's idea more of leaving Sims at LT and moving Staley to RT.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
High praise from Sing for Sims again-

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/11/17/sims-is-playing-%E2%80%98outstanding%E2%80%99-football/

I'm starting to like Conejo's idea more of leaving Sims at LT and moving Staley to RT.


That might be a temporary move that should be tried for a few snaps in a game, if not the entire game. We already know what the result will be from our current starting RT.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
High praise from Sing for Sims again-

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/11/17/sims-is-playing-%E2%80%98outstanding%E2%80%99-football/

I'm starting to like Conejo's idea more of leaving Sims at LT and moving Staley to RT.


That might be a temporary move that should be tried for a few snaps in a game, if not the entire game. We already know what the result will be from our current starting RT.

Yes it can be a temporary plug until we got another complimentary tackle for Staley. He can move back to LT when Sims retires and we have someone in place. Snyder is just not cutting it.
And, then, suddenly, Team Alex Boone slipped away into the darkness.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, then, suddenly, Team Alex Boone slipped away into the darkness.

Although I'm not at all sure why, we need to keep this thing alive.

**The Free Alex Boone Thread**