There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Barry Sims Appreciation Thread

Great job by Barry. I think we may need to try Patrick or someone at RT because Snyder keeps getting his a$$ whooped there!
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Conejo:
interesting idea by Bad Al ....

As someone else noted in this thread, Sims is not as effective at RT and has even gone as far as saying he's much more comfortable at LT, and this has showed on BOTH COUNTS.

Didn't Staley play RT his first year? If Snyder continues with his inconsistent play, would you guys be ok with Staley at RT and Sims at LT?

I'd definitely have to consider that scheme

Snyder won't be back until the end of the season and Sims is too Ancient to rely on for next year.

As someone else noted in this thread, Sims is not as effective at RT and has even gone as far as saying he's much more comfortable at LT, and this has showed on BOTH COUNTS.

Didn't Staley play RT his first year? If Snyder continues with his inconsistent play, would you guys be ok with Staley at RT and Sims at LT?

Snyder won't be back until the end of the season and Sims is too Ancient to rely on for next year.

Pretty sure he meant Staley

I really don't care, if it improves the OL then I'm all for it. Sims does play better at LT.

yeah i wouldn't appoint an old veteran our LT of the future especially after we just gave Staley a 7 year extension. Staley played very well and is our best OL, we're trying to find consistency and moving JS around isn't going to get us there. When he gets back you put him at his position LT.
Sims has played very well this season, although the entire OL has looked much better since we've had Smith in at QB.
Originally posted by matt49er:

yeah i wouldn't appoint an old veteran our LT of the future especially after we just gave Staley a 7 year extension. Staley played very well and is our best OL, we're trying to find consistency and moving JS around isn't going to get us there. When he gets back you put him at his position LT.
Sims has played very well this season, although the entire OL has looked much better since we've had Smith in at QB.

obviously some people love to take posts to the next level, if you find where I said Sims at our LT of the future please point that out to me so I can now.

I'm talking about this season, and obviously Sims has only played in 2 games but with me I'm always talking about I want to see a guy play well consistently, so I didn't care too much for how Sims played in the 1st game but I am definitely impressed with he being able to put back-to-back solid performances.

I don't know how much Staley would be affected by finishing THE SEASON at RT, but if he can handle, and it's for the best of the team, I'd definitely like to see him on the right side and Sims on the left
Coach Singletary spent time with Sims doing one on one motivation. Sims is a different guy after that.
I have been as vocal as any in decrying Sims continued presence on the 53-man roster. But, let me also step up to say that Sims has really (and surprisingly to me) done the job at LT, since Staley went down. This what you hope for with a back-up. Step in and hold ther fort until the starter can return.

Well, Sims will have to continue to do the job at LT for another 4-5 games. It does seem like LT is Sims' best position, so maybe he has enough left in the tank to continue at his current performance level over these next 4-5 games. Whomever plays QB for the Niners certainly hopes so.

So, good job, Barry. Keep it up. And know that your better performances also are being noted.
Despite all the frustration with the loss, it is true, Sims deserves a lot of praise.

He has given us a chance to win for sure.
Originally posted by matt49er:

obviously some people love to take posts to the next level, if you find where I said Sims at our LT of the future please point that out to me so I can now.

I'm talking about this season, and obviously Sims has only played in 2 games but with me I'm always talking about I want to see a guy play well consistently, so I didn't care too much for how Sims played in the 1st game but I am definitely impressed with he being able to put back-to-back solid performances.

I don't know how much Staley would be affected by finishing THE SEASON at RT, but if he can handle, and it's for the best of the team, I'd definitely like to see him on the right side and Sims on the left

when Staley signed his extension he said one of the things he liked was that he knew LT was his spot and the coaching staff and organization assured him so. mark my words Staley goes right back to LT when he returns no matter how well Sims plays.
How low can we go?
I dont think we should be sucking his @ick because he did his job as he was paid to. I also remember last season when Simms gave up the crucial sack to Porter at RT to end the game in what could have been a game winning TD for the Niners. I think he had a great game against Mathis/Freeney because he is a smaller OLT that aids his lateral mobility. Obviously Simms knew he needed to step up his game or be facing lapse highlights on ESPN/NFLN all week. Simms put in the film time and learned the Colts tendencies and corrected his technique (no leaning) to give him the best chance at winning the matchups. -NW
Agree...he's endured a ton of criticism in this forum, much of it deserved. For some reason, LT seems to suit him better than RT. There are a number of OT's like him in that regard. Maybe it has something to do with protecting Alex's blind side, I don't know. Whatever it is, a tip of the cap is warranted based on how he's played the past couple of games. Let's hope he can continue it, because Alex and the guys have a lot of catching up to do.
Speaking as the founder of ABS, I have to say that in the last couple of games he has impressed. Before, he was useless. Bit now I would like to see him retained as depth next year alongside our 5 (cough!) rookies.

Good work.
appreciate mofos!