LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

The Barry Sims Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, it's not a typo, it's The Barry Sims Appreciation Thread mothaluvers!

For all the s**t we've given the guy, he's done nothing but come up to replace a fine LT and done a very fine job himself these last two games. Imagine how much worse yesterday's game would have been if he was constantly getting beat up by Kyle Vanden Bosch.

So here's to you, Mr. I-Can-Prove-Sucky-Players-Like-Me-Can-Turn-It-Around-And-Play-Better, because we will need you to keep your high level of play for the next few weeks until Joe Staley return, and because if you keep up this play maybe you can take over for Snyder at RT when Joe comes back.

Oh, and for giving me hope that just how you have elevated your game, hopefully other players like Alex, Josh, and Co. can elevate their game too.

[ Edited by Conejo on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:04:13 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
crickets chirping
Originally posted by susweel:
crickets chirping

crickets dead
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
crickets chirping

crickets dead

poor crickets
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Can he play RT? If so he should start ahead of Snyder when Staley is back
I agree. Not bad Barry Please keep it up until we get Staley back for the playoffs.........................

.......................crickets chirping..........................................................................

He has played better than I expected. Snyder needs to be cut.

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:22:09 ]
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Can he play RT? If so he should start ahead of Snyder when Staley is back

Nope, he's awful at RT and he admitted that he feels much more comfortable at LT.
Originally posted by Conejo:
Yes, it's not a typo, it's The Barry Sims Appreciation Thread mothaluvers!

For all the s**t we've given the guy, he's done nothing but come up to replace a fine LT and done a very fine job himself these last two games. Imagine how much worse yesterday's game would have been if he was constantly getting beat up by Kyle Vanden Bosch.

So here's to you, Mr. I-Can-Prove-Sucky-Players-Like-Me-Can-Turn-It-Around-And-Play-Better, because we will need you to keep your high level of play for the next few weeks until Joe Staley return, and because if you keep up this play maybe you can take over for Snyder at RT when Joe comes back.

Oh, and for giving me hope that just how you have elevated your game, hopefully other players like Alex, Josh, and Co. can elevate their game too.

Absolutely appreciate him.
When I heard that Staley went down and they were going to put in Sims, I almost vomited.

I thought to myself "Oh sh--, he's worse than Kwame. A revolving door, worst player on the team (besides Alex Smith)".

But damn. He's proven that he can play LT.

Hell, maybe we can move Staley to RT when Staley comes back.
Playing really solid, where are all the people that were upset we did not cut him after the final cuts? You don't hear from them but on cutting Rossum, oh yeah they make their voices be known.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Oh, Barry Sims...that guy....riiiiiiight.

But no, in all honesty for all the s**t he has gotten he has came in and played great.

• jrg
  • Veteran
interesting idea by Bad Al ....

As someone else noted in this thread, Sims is not as effective at RT and has even gone as far as saying he's much more comfortable at LT, and this has showed on BOTH COUNTS.

Didn't Staley play RT his first year? If Snyder continues with his inconsistent play, would you guys be ok with Staley at RT and Sims at LT?

I'd definitely have to consider that scheme

As someone else noted in this thread, Sims is not as effective at RT and has even gone as far as saying he's much more comfortable at LT, and this has showed on BOTH COUNTS.

Didn't Staley play RT his first year? If Snyder continues with his inconsistent play, would you guys be ok with Staley at RT and Sims at LT?

I think it's worth trying. A line of Sims - Baas - Heitman - Rachal - Staley (keeping in mind that rachal actually had a decent game last week) has the potential to be at least an average O-line. Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems for this team has been a lack of continuity, and ANOTHER change in the personnel isn't gonna help/
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Snyder won't be back until the end of the season and Sims is too Ancient to rely on for next year.
He has played two decent games back to back. I wish I could say that about other players... cough, cough,

Chilo had a decent game also.

[ Edited by fister30 on Nov 9, 2009 at 13:11:59 ]
Share 49ersWebzone