LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

A new HC is not the answer.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys... this thread is from late 2009.

Sometimes the search function isn't the best way to control threads.
I'm willing to give him this year and see what changes he makes as the season progresses but he must improve.

He needs to understand the NFL is different now form when he played, and you cannot
just line up and impose your will on the other team. Players and teams all have talent and coaching and game planning make the difference.

Put your best players on the field and in a position that helps them win the one on one battles.

Durning a game if things aren't going our way he must be capable of making a change at havetime at the very least.

My main proble with Sing was that when we were looking for an OC, he scared off all of the good OC with the its my team and we're gonna be a run it up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and impose out will on other teams. So, we end up with old Jimmy. So, he must own part (a very big part) of this current offense.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I see a lot of people trying to put the blame on Singletary saying he is very "nolanish" in certain situations or whatever. What you guys don't fail to see is that this is pretty much the exact same team that Nolan had. Did you guys believe this team was going to be a playoff team because of a coaching change? Or just because of the addition of Crabtree? Sorry to tell you but that just doesn't happen.

Singletary is a good coach but he still has a lot to learn. We are a QB away from being a contender. We are a QB, good OL and a pass rusher from being great. A lot of you guys are calling for Shanahan or Holmgren. Do you guys honestly think they would succeed with our QB issues? Look at what Shanahan did after Elway left. Nothing.

This team needs continuity, changing OC's and HC's every f**king year isn't the answer. We need a QB, that's it.

Seriously! Really!!! Everything falls at the coach's feet. At the end of the day this is his team. He calls the shots. Raye was running the offense that Sing wanted to run. That is why Scott Linehan turned down the position because Sing would not give him complete control. We have A LOT OF TALENT TO START OF 0-3!!!! Sing has way more talent then Nolan had. Even now he will not let Mike Johnson have complete control of the O!!! As HC everything falls at Sings feet. At the end of the season it will be Sing that has to answer for how the team finish's the season. I am sick of his offensive philosophy. It is one thing to have a good D but why can't we have a great O as well. Here is Sing idea of offense, "Just score 13 points and run time off the clock and my D will do the rest!" I hate that BS!!!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

OOOOOH!!! My bad!
Share 49ersWebzone