There are 172 users in the forums

A new HC is not the answer.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
we need a Gm and Front Office that can draft Pass Rushers & O-linemen, along with finding a QB. Scot and the Front Office have failed more times than not on these problems.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I see a lot of people trying to put the blame on Singletary saying he is very "nolanish" in certain situations or whatever. What you guys don't fail to see is that this is pretty much the exact same team that Nolan had. Did you guys believe this team was going to be a playoff team because of a coaching change? Or just because of the addition of Crabtree? Sorry to tell you but that just doesn't happen.

Singletary is a good coach but he still has a lot to learn. We are a QB away from being a contender. We are a QB, good OL and a pass rusher from being great. A lot of you guys are calling for Shanahan or Holmgren. Do you guys honestly think they would succeed with our QB issues? Look at what Shanahan did after Elway left. Nothing.

This team needs continuity, changing OC's and HC's every f**king year isn't the answer. We need a QB, that's it.

Agreed....

People cannot think Singletary is great, but he is a motivator....
He needs to let us run more pass plays
Why should we stop blaming Singletary? He deserves the blame just as much as anyone. I really think we need to realize Singletary is essentially a first year head coach and he is going to make mistakes. I don't believe the hiring of Singletary was a good move. Before you Sing lover's grill me, the reason I say that is because this team needs an experienced head coach because an experienced head coach brings direction and something he can fall on when tiems are bad because he has been there before and knows how to handle it. I'm not sure Sing and the coaching staff knows how to get out of this funk. Sing is great at motivating his players and keeping discipline within the ranks but its the experience factor that is missing. Sing brought in Raye as OC (bad move IMO), and made huge mistakes with personnell in the preseason ( keeping 7 wr and only TE and not enough OL). Its the little things that make the difference. I'm not saying Sing is all to blame, Scotty M and the players are also responsible but you can't say Sing can take no blame for this loss at all.He is the headcoach and ultimately repsonsible for the product that is out on the field.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Why should we stop blaming Singletary? He deserves the blame just as much as anyone. I really think we need to realize Singletary is essentially a first year head coach and he is going to make mistakes. I don't believe the hiring of Singletary was a good move. Before you Sing lover's grill me, the reason I say that is because this team needs an experienced head coach because an experienced head coach brings direction and something he can fall on when tiems are bad because he has been there before and knows how to handle it. I'm not sure Sing and the coaching staff knows how to get out of this funk. Sing is great at motivating his players and keeping discipline within the ranks but its the experience factor that is missing. Sing brought in Raye as OC (bad move IMO), and made huge mistakes with personnell in the preseason ( keeping 7 wr and only TE and not enough OL). Its the little things that make the difference. I'm not saying Sing is all to blame, Scotty M and the players are also responsible but you can't say Sing can take no blame for this loss at all.He is the headcoach and ultimately repsonsible for the product that is out on the field.

I agree, I guess what I meant to say is that calling for a new HC is not the answer.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Really? So Alex Smith is the only problem on this team? Seriously? It's not a bunch of stupid penalties or trick plays on first or second down that back us up so we run a draw and have to punt? It's got nothing to do with Parys Haralson missing an easy tackle of Johnson in the backfield on 4th and inches for the go ahead touchdown? I guess it really doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Brandon Jones looks like a pop-warner player out there trying to field punts or Arnaz battle dropping a punt and costing us the Houston game?

Seriously I understand Smith had some turn over's but there is a lot more wrong with this team then a QB. Josh Morgan has turned into a joke out there. If he wasn't a solid run blocking receiver he should be nowhere on the field this year. Crabs proved today that he has a long way to go to get open against a good physical CB. Our O-line sometimes seems like it doesn't even try to block people. Lastly WE CAN NOT MAKE A BIG GAME ENDING PLAY TO SAVE OUR LIVES. No one on this team wants to stand up and make a play when we need it.

So save me the Alex Smith BS. When push comes to shove, if Haralson makes that tackle on the 2 yard line all of these posts are about how Alex played better then the stats showed and he is up and coming. So please stop with the Singeltary is great stuff. He is young and inexperienced and his team reflects that every week in thier fourth quarter play.

& how does that fall on Singletary? It's not like he inherited a team with great amount of talent. People that are trying to blame him are the same ones that thought he was going to turn this franchise around in his first year of being a HC.

It all falls on the QB. Take away those INT's and we win this game. I wont blame the fumble on him, but the INT's are all on him. I don't care who tipped it, I don't care if Morgan didn't snatch the ball out of the air. The balls were late and some were not accurate. We didn't lose the game because Jones fielded the punt on the 10. We didn't lose the game because Michael Robinson isn't a threat to return a kick.

How is it Singletary's fault that Parys didn't make that play? Did he draft him? Any HC can look great if he has talent on the team.

If you want to defend Smith for his poor play and try to accuse everyone else on the team go ahead. Deep inside we all know if we had a great QB we win these types of games.

First of all I was not saying it wasn't Alex's fault. I agree all 3 interceptions where bad throws or bad decisions. I was stating that YES it is the coaches fault when his team does not execute. And yes it is the coaches fault when he does not put his best team on the field (see brandon Jones punt returning, Jason Hill Inactive ect..). With that said I never said to fire Sing I just said his inexperience is showing through the team as they have had the last 4 games won in the fourth quarter and havn't been able to finish. In my opinion that looms heavily on the coaches shoulders to fix. You can disagree all you want but bottom line is we can not make a play when it counts and on any other team in any other sport that always falls on the coach. I guess because Sing yells and makes big speeched he gets a pass though.

We are not disciplined, we are aweful on special teams and we CAN NOT FINISH. That is the marks of bad coaching. All around. The Coaching staff, the team and everyone need to grow up and stop folding under pressure.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mrbadd1:
we need a Gm and Front Office that can draft Pass Rushers & O-linemen, along with finding a QB. Scot and the Front Office have failed more times than not on these problems.

We also need coaches to train and develop talent...something I have serious doubts about on this team...thats the HC's job.
My god ppl change ur damn pads and stop crying!

I say Holmegren as GM and Chucky as Coach.

Chucky gives us toughness and Love's Offence!

If you like offence I'm sure you address your protection first!

• mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jcs:

We also need coaches to train and develop talent...something I have serious doubts about on this team...thats the HC's job.

I don't believe the players in those positions can be developed into the players we need. That is the bottom line
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I'm not blaming Sing.

He's trying to put the best players out there, week in and out, we practice hard, and play hard.

We just aren't executing / talented enough.

Exactly. We are actually hanging with the good teams (except ATL) when in the past we would get MURDERED in those games. We are not a playoff team yet, not until we address the OL, QB. Until then we will be the same team we have been for the past few years and it doesn't matter who our HC is.

Quit using logic. Itr makes too much sense for NT.

I think I need to go into the straight razor supplier business, so that alot of people on here no how to cope on Mondays.

Originally posted by jcs:

I don't believe the players in those positions can be developed into the players we need. That is the bottom line

Plain and simple, the talent on the roster equals our record. Doesn't matter who we play and who we bench the players that we have to choose from just are not good enough to win. Things will change when we get a capable front office.
A new HC may not be the answer but a OC who doesn't call a FB dive on 2nd&9 or a draw on 3rd&23 would go a long way.

I know we can't compare ourselves to teams like the Colts,Eagles, and Patriots but do you think those teams would call a draw on 3rd and long? So what if you have a incompletion, you punt from 2 yards further back! At least try to get a 1st D!
We are a beastly O-line away from being a contender.

With the exception of Staley and maybe Heitman our whole line needs an overhaul. That's rough. This line gets virtually no push at all, week after week.
Originally posted by jgalvan:
I say Holmgren as GM and Chucky as Coach.

Chucky gives us toughness and Love's Offence!

If you like offence I'm sure you address your protection first!

We missed on Holmgren. Now let's not miss Chucky!!!
Yo OP, small typo in your title....you accidentally put a "not" in there
Share 49ersWebzone