LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 172 users in the forums

Just an observation from the pack/cards game

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..

After watching that train wreck, I prefer the roll right, throw it away method...

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jan 10, 2010 at 17:09:45 ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..

after watching that train wreck, i prefer the roll right, throw it away method..

r u being sarcastic
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

after watching that train wreck, i prefer the roll right, throw it away method..

r u being sarcastic

Nope, id rather watch the Alex smith show, than that AAron rodgers crap, I'm not even close to a pack fan, and I was mad watching him play.

r u being sarcastic

Nope, id rather watch the Alex smith show, than that AAron rodgers crap, I'm not even close to a pack fan, and I was mad watching him play.

so you don't want a good qb?
What about the multiple times he rolled right, scanned and found a receiver? Would you still prefer the roll right, stare down one guy and throw it away approach?

thats what ive been preaching. Alex Smith is better than Rodgers at ball security. and its not even close.

Rodgers has NO idea when to get rid of the darn ball. and it was simply a situation thats benefitted him. ive said it before, ill say it again, had Rodgers and Smith been taken the other way around, Rodgers would be in Smith's position, and Smith would be in Rodgers position. i guarantee it.

Rodgers is a great QB....when given all these weapons, and all those years to learn behind a HOF QB in a successful and smart winning organization. his issue with not knowing when to get rid of the ball is a major flaw.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What about the multiple times he rolled right, scanned and found a receiver? Would you still prefer the roll right, stare down one guy and throw it away approach?

what about the first play of the game, when he rolled right, had time, held the ball too long, and then forced it and threw a pick which led to a quick score, and put them behind all game?

r u being sarcastic

Apparently average is good enough for him. He's probably a huge fan of Arnaz Battlle and Michael Robinson as well. Mediocrity is loved around here.
Rodgers > Smith at this point in their careers.

By your logic, you'd rather have Smith over Manning, Warner or any other pocket passer.

two things:

A). Everyone needs to stop watching Rodgers and comparing him to Smith. Apples and Oranges.

B) If you must compare them, please stop starting threads about it on the zone.

Originally posted by Niners99:

what about the first play of the game, when he rolled right, had time, held the ball too long, and then forced it and threw a pick which led to a quick score, and put them behind all game?

Every QB makes mistakes. You act like he did that the entire game. You're gonna need more than one play to back your argument.

r u being sarcastic

r u being sarcastic

Apparently average is good enough for him. He's probably a huge fan of Arnaz Battlle and Michael Robinson as well. Mediocrity is loved around here.

i love how people just assume the Aaron Rodgers on the Packers would be the same dude we wouldve drafted. any QB in a Niner uniform the last 5 years would suck, because the OL sucks.

this is becoming an epidemic in the 49er fanbase. fans are so obsessed with having a good QB, they become completely oblivious to the fact that we HAVE NO OL. bad OL = bad QB. period. end of story.

whether his name is Smith, or Manning, or Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone. bad OL = bad QB. say it with me. its not a hard concept.

Every QB makes mistakes. You act like he did that the entire game. You're gonna need more than one play to back your argument.

Aaron Rodgers has been consistently the most sacked QB in the league precisely because he holds on to the ball for an eternity in every game I watch him.

ok how about his first play, and his last play. both key mistakes a QB should never make. he forced the ball into coverage on the 1st, and he held onto the ball way too long on the last, and it cost his team the game.

also, he overthrew Jennings on the first play of OT which wouldve won the game.

just accept the fact that Rodgers isnt as good as people say he is.
Share 49ersWebzone