LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

can someone explain to me the michael robinson goaline package

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We get inside the ten and call two plays for robinson? Correct me if I am wrong but we have a future pro bowl tightend a probowl running back and a wideout with great hands and we calling a counter and a flat route to robinson.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
We get inside the ten and call two plays for robinson? Correct me if I am wrong but we have a future pro bowl tightend a probowl running back and a wideout with great hands and we calling a counter and a flat route to robinson.

explanation is as follows.

Jimmy "Can't call a play" Raye.
Also, robinson is a good receiver in short yardage, but the plays shouldnt have been designed to go to him..

ANd I like delanie walker, but i dont think he should ever be a focal point as he was on a few plays this game.
Whats even worse is having him return kicks. I mean why would you put someone back there that has ZERO chance of running one back for a TD? SO SLOW.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Whats even worse is having him return kicks. I mean why would you put someone back there that has ZERO chance of running one back for a TD? SO SLOW.

not just that, but the fact that he just runs as fast as he can (not very) and puts his head down, like its on the goal line.

he doesnt even look for a hole.
No, but he consistently got to around the 30. Not to bad and better that most we have had.
His kickoff returns weren't too bad, not great, but not too bad either. As for the plays down near the goal line, I wouldn't even hazard a guess. He should only rarely have offensive plays and they pretty much should never have them in the red zone.

THIS PISSES ME THE f**k OFF! HE f**kING JOGS ON THE RETURNS!
Originally posted by LB49ers:

That was strange.................
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

not just that, but the fact that he just runs as fast as he can (not very) and puts his head down, like its on the goal line.

he doesnt even look for a hole.

I can't believe we don't have a better option.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

THIS PISSES ME THE f**k OFF! HE f**kING JOGS ON THE RETURNS!

He's not jogging he's that slow

I think the 49ers feel they owe Robinson something so they throw him some bones, but c'mon he looks like he's in slow motion all the time. But as long as he doesn't fumble any kicks I guess he'll do, but he's certainly not a threat. How do the browns have Cribbs & the bears have 3 great returners & we have jack...
Rossum should still be our punt returner
  • TFSP
I'll say this, M.Rob could've been a check down WR on those plays, not the primary person. I'd rather see him in the "taser" thowing the ball first, or tossing it to Frankie G, or running it himself. He can be that more effectively.

He might be replacing Coffee, if 'Cof' doesn't play Thursday. Hopefully we'll see that formation then, not that goal line package he was in.
I didn't understand that at all but I thought besides that, Raye called a pretty good game

It's because he is the only goon that won't drop the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone