LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

I just don't understand anymore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let me start by saying i am and always be a niner fan but these stupid play calls and overall scheme is f**ken mind boggling. For 7 weeks we have been trying to run gore and constantly getting stuff. For the last couple of weeks we spread it out and it has worked somewhat with Smith under center. Now we come to yesterday, and gore actuallly had some room to run and we dont f**ken use him. He was averaging over 5 yards a carry and the dumb ass coaches including Sing would run gore once and throw the other downs. Now i know the run opened up because of the pass but god damn don't completely abandon it i just dont understand.

And witht he two picks late in the game it was the same f**ken play just to the other side of the field. and little comeback route to morgan. WTF!!!! We go 3 or 4 WR and throw 8 yard comebacks or 5 yard outs. I just dont understand!!!!!

Then on the final drive were down 2 TD's and two or three consective 5 yard outs to Vernon WTF is that gonna do. Then to top it all off VD stays inbounds and has the titans telling him he needs to get out of bounds.

This is f**ken professional football, and you can have the best game plan going into the game but if your not smart enough to make changes DURING the game then it is all over.

This is typical 49er football these last 7 years. Win 2 or 3 games to start the season and then go on a 6-8 game losing streak.

We are not a good team. We are BARELY average. I have watched every play this year and good teams, teams that contend for the playoffs, don't make the stupid mistakes or stupid play calls that we do. We will not go anywhere, even in the s**tty NFC West until this changes.

Niners you f**ken piss me off, but i will always support you!!!!
Have you ever considered that maybe Gore was finding room to run because we made the Titans respect our passing game? Judging by the consistent pressure they were getting, I don't at all find it hard to believe Gore would've had a much tougher time if we just constantly ran him up the gut. You know for once this season I can say that Jimmy Raye actually called a pretty good game.

Simply put, we lost because of turnovers. Two of them were freak accidents (the fumble and the popped up INT), and the other two were on Alex (bad throws).

Above all else, we lost because Tennessee was able to make us pay for our turnovers (24 points off them if memory serves).

[ Edited by baltien on Nov 9, 2009 at 06:46:50 ]
I had no problem with the play-calling...AT ALL. If it weren't for a couple of tipped passes, everybody would be talking about how great it is that Raye finally opened up the passing game to set up the run.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I had no problem with the play-calling...AT ALL. If it weren't for a couple of tipped passes, everybody would be talking about how great it is that Raye finally opened up the passing game to set up the run.

Exactly. If anything I'm encouraged by the direction the offense is heading in. We just need to tighten up on the ball security and we're good.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

AT ALL? How about the HB dive on 3rd and 23? I understand not trying to force something into a possible turnover, but that is just inexcusable. I don't ever remember Raye calling big plays in those situations.

My biggest dissappointment was all of the stupid short TE out patterns. It didn't work and they were called many times. Jimmy Raye is just plain stupid. One overall offense in the top ten in 30 years.... sigh, and to think we will ahve him around next year...
OK, if you actually read the entire post i know the passing game opened up the run. but when we did run gore had success and we didn't nearly run enough. All i am saying is it just seems like we can't find a happy medium.

when we can run the ball, run it, kill time control the clock like we did on the long drive
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
First they don't pass enough, then they pass too much? Raye called a good game, Alex was careless and lost us the game. He looked like old Alex yesterday
Share 49ersWebzone