LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

the defense didnt stop titans when it had to--this is a team loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Ok, I will see you all at next years draft when we are forced to take yet another QB in the first round. Go Niners!

PS: You Smith lovers (not Niner fans) should listen to KNBR this morning. What are they saying, you ask? NO MORE SMITH EXCUSES!

So rooting for a 49ers player and wanting him to do well means we are not 49ers fans? That's just stupid. I would argue that Smith haters aren't the 49ers fans as they've been attacking the kid since we drafted him.
Originally posted by Niners99:
glad to see some people know something about football.

ive been thoroughly embarrassed by the other fans on this board the last few weeks. you guys are making our fanbase look like an immature joke. crying about alex smith being useless 2 weeks after you were crowning him the savior.

for those of you who WATCH the games with your EYES, youd notice smith didnt play particularly bad, as much as his line continually broke down, and he had 1 or 2 of his INT's bounce off WR's hands. his fumble came while he was being hurled around in circles. kind of hard to hold onto the ball being spun around and then having it jabbed out of your tucked arm.

the defense let us down, the offense let us down, and the coaching let us down. it was a team effort. alex smith didnt play well, but he didnt play poorly enough to be the scapegoat for all our troubles. seriously. act like youve been a fan for longer than 3 weeks.

this team is still a work in progress. it was our stupid fault for making them out to be a super bowl contender out of the gate because of a couple wins. wed get trounced in the playoffs even if we made it this year.

I'm tired of being a work in progress; we've heard that for a long time. The excuses are endless. There is a fine line between work in progress and crappy management/coaching/drafting/etc., and I think we're finally going to cross it this year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The simple fact is, the only thing we were missing today, was top notch quarterbacking.

Our O-line gave him plenty of time.
Our receivers were wide open most of the day.
Our play calling did not create three n' outs like it usually does.

This one is on the quarterback.

He stares the receivers down before throwing the ball. Obviously he is not scanning the field. He runs out of the pocket too soon. He's just not that good.

We have to compare our quarterbacks to others in the NFL, and who is Smith better than? Think hard.

If he is not better than most, then he is not good enough.

In this league, without a top quarterback, its very tough to get to the playoffs, let alone win any games once you get there.

You better believe we need to draft a quarterback, and have him and Nate Davis battle and see if either can make an impact at this crucial position.

I'm done with drafting qbs. Either Alex starts the whole year next year, without the threat of losing his job, or we sign a prove qb
The team this week was smiling and acting all happy n s**t.. thats why they lost.. they thought the Titans were going to be push overs based on a 1-6 record. The 49ers got exactly what they deserved.. a god damn punch in the mouth. I'm so f**king tired of losing every good damn week. We start the season 3-1 and now cant beat anyone. 3rd downs on both sides of the ball are f**king horrible. I'm tired of the ohh if this play went this way or that play went the other we would have won. Good football teams take care of business.
The Defense should never have been put in the situations it got itself in. Sure haralson could have made the tackle. But give credit where it is due. Smith throws and ill advised pass to crabby which sets up young's touchdown thanks to an interception. Smith fumbles (poor fundamentals with the football and a big windup no the release are to blame for that one) and sets up the chris johnson score. Then when we are down 4 Smith tosses another pick. The defense bails him and makes it a 7 point game and smith responds with his 4th turnover on a 1st down pass into traffic with plenty of time on the clock. Don't fool yourself. Smith lost that game.
The sad part is that Smith was also a major part of the reason we were in the game in the first place. Lets just hope he can step up vs. the bears. We need 3 non division wins to have a hope for the playoffs and we've let 4 games slip through our fingers now.
We have to be honest here our defense is just not that good . Yes we have stopped the run , but just like the last five years the 49ers just can not stop the pass.

[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Nov 9, 2009 at 08:52:37 ]
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The simple fact is, the only thing we were missing today, was top notch quarterbacking.

Our O-line gave him plenty of time.
Our receivers were wide open most of the day.
Our play calling did not create three n' outs like it usually does.

This one is on the quarterback.

He stares the receivers down before throwing the ball. Obviously he is not scanning the field. He runs out of the pocket too soon. He's just not that good.

We have to compare our quarterbacks to others in the NFL, and who is Smith better than? Think hard.

If he is not better than most, then he is not good enough.

In this league, without a top quarterback, its very tough to get to the playoffs, let alone win any games once you get there.

You better believe we need to draft a quarterback, and have him and Nate Davis battle and see if either can make an impact at this crucial position.

I'm done with drafting qbs. Either Alex starts the whole year next year, without the threat of losing his job, or we sign a prove qb
Agree start him and stick it out , if he fails then sign a proven QB .
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Ok, I will see you all at next years draft when we are forced to take yet another QB in the first round. Go Niners!

PS: You Smith lovers (not Niner fans) should listen to KNBR this morning. What are they saying, you ask? NO MORE SMITH EXCUSES!

So rooting for a 49ers player and wanting him to do well means we are not 49ers fans? That's just stupid. I would argue that Smith haters aren't the 49ers fans as they've been attacking the kid since we drafted him.

Smith "haters" are simply fed up with the Smith "sympathizers" constantly making exscues and never seeming to admit that he is not a good QB right now. It's frustration, frustration that he can throw for 2TDs and then throw two horrible INT in the same game. He shows flashes of brilliance but his lack of consistency is what makes him a great college QB, not a great NFL QB
Originally posted by hofer36:
haralson didnt make the play he had to make when titans pitched wide on 4th and 1---not an easy play but one that i'd hope he could make, as niners win imo if they stop titans there

and the defense just let titans march downfield after niners went ahead 20-17

again not much of a pass rush today...no turnovers forced

im sure many will want to pin loss on alex smith and jimmy raye but in truth the team lost the game

all of robinson's kickoff returns looked the same, it was like watching the same play over---he got it out to 25-30 but damn i would love to see a kickoff threat...hell bring back the beerman michael lewis...nedney's on side kick was poorly executed

adam snyder has not done well at right tackle this year--the fumble was on him more than alex smith

alex smith certainly deserves alot of blame too...i still maintain the niners have their qb in smith, some of the throws were just a hair late...but the play to hill at end of 1st half was a beauty....keep in mind that he really is just in his 2nd or 3rd year as far as actual playing time...aaron rodgers threw 3 picks today and kurt warner had 5 picks last week..the 2nd pick was the worst throw, the last looked like interference on morgan...he could have hit gore for score on that long drive of over 9 minutes in 2nd half if he had put a little air under the ball and lopped it over the defender (it looked like no one was behind gore)

the receivers, save and for jason hill seemed uninspired today..crabtree had the tooth issue

i liked when raye opened up things with the reverse to morgan and the direct snap to gore, but they needed more gore runs today...the screen pass to gore early on was a great call...defenses have figured out norris up the gut on 2rd and short, but i liked the guts to go for it on 4th down, though pitch to gore almost failed..ironically, if niners kick field goal they have more time at end to try to get back in game

vernon davis was all pro today---irony or irony seeing him pull morgan out of a fight to keep niners from drawing a penalty

willis played all out and showed great speed running down johnson a few plays

im disappointed but encouraged about how close niners are to being a really good team

I don't understand why ROBINSON is on this team? Those two plays that went to him when we were near the goal line made ABSOLUTELY NO f**kING SENSE!!!! WTF!!!!!

I would rather see a Rookie (Sheets) returning kicks, than this guy. I love his show, he is the ultimate teammate, but he does nothing for us in-between the lines.
Cleveland is in every game they play, but they're just terrible. We're the same way.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This was a whole team effort of SUCK.

Yes...After FORCING myself to watch again.....I realise that placing blame on 1 player is f--kin' retarded. LAY BLAME ACROOS THE BOARD!
Originally posted by jcs:
Take the 4 turnovers back and we win this game.

Take the two fumbles back and we win. Even with the INTs we would have won the game without the two fumbles. The first one took us from 2nd and 1 to 3rd and 28, obviously ending the drive. The next one was lost and obviously led to a TD a few plays later.

We're good enough to win these games. They just have to tighten it all up A LITTLE in all aspects (offense, defense, ST, and coaching).
Share 49ersWebzone