There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We are a good team with a bad QB

Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Tebow? Snead?

Have you even watched a game of college football this year?

Agreed; neither of these players will be succesful starting QB's in the NFL. Gimme some gimmick.

Really?

I listed a lot of QBs. I've seen Snead's early games and then stopped watching because I thought he was awful. Tebow is a mystery, and anyone who is convinced he won't be good, is insane, just as anyone who is convinced he will be. I never said draft these guys. I said ONE of the listed will be good.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Tebow? Snead?

Have you even watched a game of college football this year?

Agreed; neither of these players will be succesful starting QB's in the NFL. Gimme some gimmick.

Really?

I listed a lot of QBs. I've seen Snead's early games and then stopped watching because I thought he was awful. Tebow is a mystery, and anyone who is convinced he won't be good, is insane, just as anyone who is convinced he will be. I never said draft these guys. I said ONE of the listed will be good.

My opinion is that Tebow is going to be a bust.
We are a good team with a VERY BAD O-LINE.

If this team was capable of running the ball, who knows how good they could be.

I blame the O-line over; either QB (Hill/Smith), Raye, Gore, Sing, Clements, Haralson/Lawson (pass rush), Scotty........etc

[ Edited by AKfanster on Nov 10, 2009 at 20:34:10 ]
no
Originally posted by 49Fever:
i think most of you people don't realize how bad we are at the QB position
You'll probably know when we have a good one
Since garcia we're nowhere
And we have a good D
And we have a decent O
(of course we also have raye which doesn't help)

We'll be playoffs bound as soon we have a QB to show for

This offensive line is not a good line. Snyder is a real disapointment, Baas looks like a wasted 2nd rounder, Staley is hurt, we got Sims at left tackle and Rachel is under-performing (hopefully he is going to improve.) You cannot have a decent O in the NFL with a weak line.

Garcia was a "bust" on the Lions and Browns. Then he was "good" again when he got that stint with the Eagles. Do you think it had anything to do with the team he had around him? Most competent quarterbacks are going to fare like Garcia: performs well when the talent level around him is good; not so well when it isn't. A few great one's might be able to transcend this. But there arn't too many of those around.

[ Edited by BHulman on Nov 10, 2009 at 20:51:55 ]
This tool thinks Kolb is the answer? FAIL
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Niners99:
NO TEBOW.

he will NOT translate into an NFL QB of any value. book it. plus hes a mega douche.

if we draft Tebow i will flip out.

+1

The QB class looks weak this year. I'd look in F/A or Trade. I would give Philly a first for Kevin Kolb



uhhhh. I'm not so sure about that. Matt Cassel looked good for a couple of games also on a great offense.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can we just face it and admit that this game was on Alex Smith and just realize every Qb has THAT game? Let's hope he comes back strong and gets stronger later in the game.

For all the Alexcusers: yes he lost this game.

For all the "it starts in the trenches": OLine played well Sunday.


For all the Alex haters: let us hope he comes back strong.

4 sacks is not playing well. Snyder got his arse handed to him all game. We run-blocked pretty well, but pass-blocking was quite poor.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can we just face it and admit that this game was on Alex Smith and just realize every Qb has THAT game? Let's hope he comes back strong and gets stronger later in the game.

For all the Alexcusers: yes he lost this game.

For all the "it starts in the trenches": OLine played well Sunday.


For all the Alex haters: let us hope he comes back strong.

4 sacks is not playing well. Snyder got his arse handed to him all game. We run-blocked pretty well, but pass-blocking was quite poor.

They didn't play 4 turnover bad tho. Those were not on them
Originally posted by AKfanster:
We are a good team with a VERY BAD O-LINE.

If this team was capable of running the ball, who knows how good they could be.

I blame the O-line over; either QB (Hill/Smith), Raye, Gore, Sing, Clements, Haralson/Lawson (pass rush), Scotty........etc

O Line is our biggest problem.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I I think Shaun Hill is a great QB

i stopped reading your post after that line.

[ Edited by Icelandic49er on Nov 11, 2009 at 03:00:18 ]
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Tebow? Snead?

Have you even watched a game of college football this year?

Agreed; neither of these players will be succesful starting QB's in the NFL. Gimme some gimmick.

Really?

I listed a lot of QBs. I've seen Snead's early games and then stopped watching because I thought he was awful. Tebow is a mystery, and anyone who is convinced he won't be good, is insane, just as anyone who is convinced he will be. I never said draft these guys. I said ONE of the listed will be good.

My opinion is that Tebow is going to be a bust.

It depends on where he lands, if he goes to a good team with an above average QB he will be fine. He needs to sit and learn for at least 2 season. I think he will be fine.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I I think Shaun Hill is a great QB

i stopped reading your post after that line.

Then your reply is not really worthwhile. If you read 2 more words you would see that I said he's a great QB as a backup. Meaning the perfect player to come off the bench but not good enough to be a starter. So thank you for your comment that really responded to nothing.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I I think Shaun Hill is a great QB

i stopped reading your post after that line.

he is if you only need to run two plays, because his third play is always a two yard pass into the flats on third and long.

:-)
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
It's time we realize that Smith is simply not the answer. I think Shaun Hill is a great QB, but ultimately a great backup and not a sufficient starter. We need a QB because this is a QB league. What scares me is that we waste the years we have on the D on this bad QB and not allow ourselves to become a good team because of that. Bears and Ravens are teams that come to mind. Teams that couldn't get to the next level because of a lack at QB. The Texans were in a similar spot. When a good QB comes to a team the whole dynamic changes. Some QBs can function in systems, but unfortunately we don't have McDaniels to create a QB friendly system for us, and will need someone who has legitimate NFL talent. Smith is not clutch, he can't pick defenses apart, he's not a great leader and his athletic ability, while good, is nothing to write home about. Most of all, his accuracy is lacking. Here are some options

FA:
Just like the Saints did with Brees. Is there a good FA QB on the market? No way, there never is anymore.

Trade:
The one name that comes to mind is Kevin Kolb. I think he's a good QB, whose learned from one of the better QB experts in the game. He may be in a similar position that Shaub or Cassle were in.

Draft:
This seems like the obvious choice. Claussen, Tebow, Locker, Bradford, Snead, Pike, McCoy. One of these guys will be good. Not all, but at least one. Lets identify him and use our 2 first round picks wisely

Any other suggestions? We already have a QB on the roster? Blockbuster trade of all our picks for a starter? Hope Hassleback gets cut, etc. etc.??? (BTW, I just brought up these last 3 as alternatives, but clearly think all are terrible options).


Career -gms 11--com 79 --att 130--pct 60.8 --yrds 885--avg 6.8--TDs 4--Lng 71--ints 7- -rating 68.9 ...umm i wouldnt give a 1st rounder to this guy(kevin kolb's stats)
I think Case Keenum(HOU) will be a sleeper pick unless his stock rise.. We NEED help on the OLine bad and a Legit pass rusher should be our first pick unless we go after J.Peppers.. Also fans need not to forget about Nate Davis being alot better next yr,with a yr already absorbed in the system