There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dr Alex Jekyll and Mr Alex Hyde

As I sit here I am truly amazed as the two personalities of Alex Smith. If I didn't know any better I would think he had a bad case of, "Duel Personality Disorder".

I based my opinion after watching the Texans game and todays' game.

In the Texans game Alex looked completely confident, accurate, quick, decisive, and like a solid veteran QB (besides the last pass that resulted in an interception). It seemed as though that the 49ers perhaps made a great decision by keeping him.

Then came today's game. What a deference a day makes! Alex literality seemed like the old Alex.

Telegraphing his throws, not displaying confidence, held the ball too long, turnovers, It seem as though, right before our eyes he mutated back to the old Alex Smith again. You can see it in his body language, and in his eyes.

Why? Why? Why?

Perhaps its a combination of coaching, play calling, Alex's psyche. Possibly what we seen in the Texans game is just a once in a lifetime amazing half for Alex Smith - to never be duplicated again.
Originally posted by alexsmith:
As I sit here I am truly amazed as the two personalities of Alex Smith. If I didn't know any better I would think he had a bad case of, "Duel Personality Disorder".

In the Texans game Alex looked completely confident, accurate, quick, decisive, and like a solid veteran QB (besides the last pass that resulted in an interception). It seemed as though that the 49ers perhaps made a great decision by keeping him.

Then came today's game. What a deference a day makes! Alex literality seemed like the old Alex.

Telegraphing his throws, not displaying confidence, held the ball too long, turnovers, It seem as though, right before our eyes he mutated back to the old Alex Smith again. You can see it in his body language, and in his eyes.

Why? Why? Why?

Perhaps its a combination of coaching, play calling, Alex's psyche. Possibly what we seen in the Texans game is just a once in a lifetime amazing half for Alex Smith - to never be duplicated again.

Duel? he likes to to get into fights?

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by alexsmith:

Why? Why? Why?

Duel? he likes to to get into fights?

You understand the Gist of what I am saying. And I forgot to mention - I am so bumbed - I really thoght we had a chance this season to turn things around - But after today's loss - It's the same song and dnace - crap - I hate that the Niners lost today.
against the Texans, they were playing soft/prevent most of the game after that 21 point lead....but when they need to stop us....they did.

against the Colts...the only TD Alex threw was in the 2 min offense when the Colts defense is playing soft/prevent.....but when they needed to stop us...they did.

So most of Alex's success as far as passing TDs were when opposing defense were playing soft/prevent.....usually under 2mins.

when the Titans needed to stop us, they did......TWICE late in the 4th qtr...by getting INTS off Alex.
our team is on welfare