LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

Time to Hit the Reset Button...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
...on the 49ers 2009 NFL season. We finished the 1st half of the season at 3-5. (3-0 in the NFC West) I suggest HC Mike Singletary tells the team to forget the first 8 games and concentrate on the remaining 8 games. Essentially, look at it as a completely new season! Here are the remaining games on our schedule:

Quote:
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p

Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a

Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p

Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p

Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p

Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a

Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p

Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

Where do we finish?

I honestly think we can go 6-2.

lol We jus lost to the 1-6 Titans... at home...
3 - 13.

We will be lucky to win one more game.
...on the 49ers 2009 NFL season. We finished the 1st half of the season at 3-5. (3-0 in the NFC West) I suggest HC Mike Singletary tells the team to forget the first 8 games and concentrate on the remaining 8 games. Essentially, look at it as a completely new season! Here are the remaining games on our schedule:

Quote:
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p

Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a

Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p

Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p

Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p

Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a

Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p

Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

Where do we finish?

We beat the rams and the lions. We finish 5 - 11

5-11

which was my original PYMWYMI prediction for this season....

which prediction I am not proud of...

f**k!!
Originally posted by nothing03:
I don't care anymore all I know is the chance of making the playoffs are pretty slim. I don't care if we loose the rest except the game on the cards, rams, and seahawks. I just hate losing on the division opponents. I just want a better draft slot now.

Why, Scot will just screw it up
The Packers just loss to Tampa, so that gives the Niners some hope against them.
it was nice getting a flukey win against the cards to start out the season but when the cards play like they did yesterday, there is just a huge difference in class. I don't think having legitimate playoff aspirations can be thought about anymore, this team has to just try to find any wins it can get.

after the season, team really needs to think long and hard about what they want to do. they aren't getting much production out of the draft, are they really set at gm? last few weeks singletary has proven that he can't cheerlead the team to any wins so at that point what value does he hold anymore? there are some killer previously-been-a-hc hc candidates and some like Grimm, who deserve a shot. If the team is really commited to being a legit team, will it make a move and replace the gm and the cheerleader and pay the money to get someone legit?

it would be a bold move to do those things but if winning really matters, i don't see what other choice there really is. to that end, thats where i think the reset button needs to be hit.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
3 - 13.

We will be lucky to win one more game.

3-13 gives us a top 5 pick. Carolina is 3-5 right now. If they finish as strong as they started we will have 2 top 10 picks. that can be very pricey. Throw in a lot of our first rounders haven't panned out under Scott M's watch (Willis and maybe Davis and Crabtree as the exceptions) and this is a recipe for disaster. At the same time, I'm not convinced you are wrong. Personally, I think we get killed against the Cards and get handled in Sea. Forget GB and PHI. We have a chance against Jax and should beat the Rams and Lions. I guess 5-11 isn't much better than your 3-13. Man, I was drinking the cool aid on this team in the offseason to. Oh well, there's always next year.
Even if we lose, if we play an entertaining, interesting game, and play well, always playing better than the week before, i would be okay with that. We didn't do any of the above. Also, last yr we allowed some opponent to have a career game against us. Yesterday, we allowed a career 50% completion QB to resurrect his career of a 1-6 team, and also allowed that qB to score twice on QB draws...untouched. Guys, that isn't good coaching, of what little talent we have.

We need somebody that can evaluate and bring professional talent here, we need 8-9 coaches who can coach, and we need really great talent to begin with. We have none of the above.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I'm thinking we gonna go 6-10 at best 7-9.

Unfortunately this season has all the earmarks of a Nolan season, good start, followed by a long losing streak and then a few meaningless wins at the end (Lions/Rams).

Its actually very depressing thinking at the change of tone on this forum after the optimism we all shared after the first 4 weeks of the season.

[ Edited by Stuuk on Nov 9, 2009 at 07:12:28 ]

Let's just start by winning Thursday. The only thing tougher than playing two NFL games in five days is having to travel 2,000 miles to do it. The Bears must go down.
Share 49ersWebzone