There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Time to Hit the Reset Button...

...on the 49ers 2009 NFL season. We finished the 1st half of the season at 3-5. (3-0 in the NFC West) I suggest HC Mike Singletary tells the team to forget the first 8 games and concentrate on the remaining 8 games. Essentially, look at it as a completely new season! Here are the remaining games on our schedule:

Quote:
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p

Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a

Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p

Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p

Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p

Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a

Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p

Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

Where do we finish?
Originally posted by PTulini:
...on the 49ers 2009 NFL season. We finished the 1st half of the season at 3-5. (3-0 in the NFC West) I suggest HC Mike Singletary tells the team to forget the first 8 games and concentrate on the remaining 8 games. Essentially, look at it as a completely new season! Here are the remaining games on our schedule:

Quote:

Where do we finish?

5-11
Let's just think about the Bears... 4 MORE DAYS!!
As absurd as it would be, we need to win four straight to make Monday Night vs Arizona meaningful.
  • Mex49

Quote:

Where do we finish?

Another speech?

I have my headphones in already
I think we'll be lucky to be 8-8 with a lot of help from the other teams in the NFC to stunk it up late for us to make the playoff as wildcard
I wish it were that easy. Real talk, we put ourselves in a big hole and not only are the playoffs likely out of the reach, I doubt we will even finish .500 at this point.

Quote:

Where do we finish?

I honestly think we can go 6-2.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Quote:
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p L

Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a L

Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p L

Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p L

Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p L

Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a L

Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p W

Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a W

Where do we finish?

5-11

Agreed, unfortunately.
Thing are pretty f**ked up now, and like I've said before, I think the team is right about at their ceiling. The talent is not there and the QB position, I don't have to tell you..

Hope they do better thou...

NIINERS!!
With such a quick turnaround is it really realistic to expect much change (are they even going to practice Monday?)

Not that much changes anyway but my guess is , Alex is starting on thursday...as is most of the starting lineup from today

I am kinda happy we play so quick...a bit like baseball or baksetball where the quick turnaround makes you get out there instead of having to dwell but instead get ready for the bears...of course that leaves us with the rare opportunity to get our asses kicked twice in one calendar week
We just lost to a 1-6 team. Bash me for my negativity if you must. There is nothing that can make me believe we will be more than 4-12.

The Offensive line and injuries have and will sink us the rest of the way.

The only thing we can actually hope for is signing Davis back.
if the cards keep winning it won't matter how we do the rest of the season
Realistically: Wins against the Seahawks, Lions and Rams, but the rest are IFFY and that's being utterly optimistic!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 8, 2009 at 23:24:05 ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Reckless:
We just lost to a 1-6 team. Bash me for my negativity if you must. There is nothing that can make me believe we will be more than 4-12.

The Offensive line and injuries have and will sink us the rest of the way.

The only thing we can actually hope for is signing Davis back.

They didn't just beat us...they played our game against us better than we have all season. A team with just one win this year...that's a decline in play not an improvement.
I don't care anymore all I know is the chance of making the playoffs are pretty slim. I don't care if we loose the rest except the game on the cards, rams, and seahawks. I just hate losing on the division opponents. I just want a better draft slot now.