There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary gave up 34 points today

Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This thread is just incredibly lame.

I guess you want Nolan back then... it is his team?

Yep, that's exactly what he meant. Your thread sucks, therefore, we all want Nolan back.

Your logic is flawless.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Yep, that's exactly what he meant. Your thread sucks, therefore, we all want Nolan back.

Your logic is flawless.

Thank you for adding to it follower. Who is the joke now?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Singletary did?

It was all Nolan's fault last year wasn't it?
How quickly we forget

HEY EVERYONE gather around.....come take a picture....its a Nolan Fan.....didn't know they still had any around.....did you wear your suit to the games too

for you, I have some music for ya.....

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 22:11:40 ]
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by danimal:
I don't know about ya'll, but it has been a long time since I saw someone run backwards into the endzone and just straight embarass a defense.

Just between Roddy White and Chris Johnson themselves eliminates the Niners to be thought of as a top 10 type of Defense.

That TD didnt count tho....

Might as well have, they still scored on the drive.

Your logic is flawless.

Hey Mexico, you're embarrassing yourself. shut up.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by cooljon16:

Your logic is flawless.

Hey Mexico, you're embarrassing yourself. shut up.

Maybe the zanex and the bottle of wine has reduced my desire to write paragraph after paragraph explaining exactly what a 3-5 record says clearly- we suck and it starts at the top.

we fired the last guy for the same reason- he was a loser. hating Nolan all the while defending this fraud is just plain moronic.

PS, thanks for keeping this thread going guys
I haven't even seen the game...but, I can tell you Singletary was out-coached...again. Forget that Tenn came into the game 1-6...real football fans know and understand they're a much better team than that. They haven't played like it, save the last two games, but this team was 13-3 last year. Jeff Fisher is one of the top head coaches in the game...so, it should be no surprise he could coach circles around Singletary.

Coaches directly contribute to what their players do via game plans, game/clock management, what players are on the field, etc. No, Singletary didn't throw those three picks...but he allowed 51 pass attempts. Not exactly what you'd call a balanced offense, something he's been adamant about. Not the "gradual change" he and Raye spoke about just this past week. Coach has said he'd get Brooks on the field more...and guess what, Haralson again stunk things up and Ahmad didn't get on the field much. So, that's on Coach. After the game, Coach was furious...and while I understand some of that, it's becoming his mantra, and that's not a good thing. Top-flight coaching is what'll cure losses, combined with good player execution. I don't think we're getting that, and I don't see it in Singletary's future.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I haven't even seen the game...but, I can tell you Singletary was out-coached...again. Forget that Tenn came into the game 1-6...real football fans know and understand they're a much better team than that. They haven't played like it, save the last two games, but this team was 13-3 last year. Jeff Fisher is one of the top head coaches in the game...so, it should be no surprise he could coach circles around Singletary.

Coaches directly contribute to what their players do via game plans, game/clock management, what players are on the field, etc. No, Singletary didn't throw those three picks...but he allowed 51 pass attempts. Not exactly what you'd call a balanced offense, something he's been adamant about. Not the "gradual change" he and Raye spoke about just this past week. Coach has said he'd get Brooks on the field more...and guess what, Haralson again stunk things up and Ahmad didn't get on the field much. So, that's on Coach. After the game, Coach was furious...and while I understand some of that, it's becoming his mantra, and that's not a good thing. Top-flight coaching is what'll cure losses, combined with good player execution. I don't think we're getting that, and I don't see it in Singletary's future.

LOL.

• B650
  • Veteran
The bottom line is that talent wins games. You can't rely on motivation for an entire season. Singletary is trying to get the most out of these guys, but in reality, we have a lot of holes that we need to address. We need a pass rusher, about 5 new offensive linemen, a couple safeties, CB, PR, KR, and a new OC.
Yes, Singletary is trying...but my whole point is, I don't see "it" in him. "It" being the ability to recognize the best talent, best coaches, put them together to form a winning team. Agree, we have holes, but so do most teams. How many of them make up for it is to find ways to close-out/win games. You do whatever it takes...and so far, I don't see Singletary as having that ability whatsoever. Getting furious after yet another frustrating loss isn't good coaching...it's just letting your emotions get carried away. That's not to say he shouldn't be upset...no head coach likes to give games away, but when "furious" starts to become your mantra, well, that's a sign of trouble.
Originally posted by B650:
The bottom line is that talent wins games. You can't rely on motivation for an entire season. Singletary is trying to get the most out of these guys, but in reality, we have a lot of holes that we need to address. We need a pass rusher, about 5 new offensive linemen, a couple safeties, CB, PR, KR, and a new OC.

• B650
  • Veteran
Yes, Singletary is trying...but my whole point is, I don't see "it" in him. "It" being the ability to recognize the best talent, best coaches, put them together to form a winning team. Agree, we have holes, but so do most teams. How many of them make up for it is to find ways to close-out/win games. You do whatever it takes...and so far, I don't see Singletary as having that ability whatsoever. Getting furious after yet another frustrating loss isn't good coaching...it's just letting your emotions get carried away. That's not to say he shouldn't be upset...no head coach likes to give games away, but when "furious" starts to become your mantra, well, that's a sign of trouble.

Yeah, I agree. He seems to do his best work after the game. How about show us what you have in the 4th quarter?

To be honest though, I put most of the blame on Jimmy Raye and the OL.
Originally posted by B650:

Yeah, I agree. He seems to do his best work after the game. How about show us what you have in the 4th quarter?

To be honest though, I put most of the blame on Jimmy Raye and the OL.

He's good at motivating Vernon Davis and that's it. The rest of his act is sh**. And that's only because Vernon is impressionable.
Power running and a strong D, that is what he said.

Can we fire him now ...PLEASE