There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex REALLY a bust?? Read Ponder Vote...

Is Alex REALLY a bust?? Read Ponder Vote...

Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I honestly could care less about either QB right now.

But it's funny how people are blaming Hill for our losses when we didn't move the ball, but when Smith loses (and does it with TO fashion) it's mostly the OL's fault or Defense

Keep believe in that mirage.

Hey Morgan, Alex's balls coming out like a punt as well? Is that the reason you can't catch them either?

Bruce didn't have a problem catching Shauns deep punt, Morgan is just a clown, he hasn't done s**t in his NFL career yet.
The pass to Morgan was a laser...........Watch the game then post....

Guys like this are just angry. You’re not going to be able to reason with him. He and everyone else will be jumping back on the wagon if Smith gets things going the rest of the season. Fans will always be FICKLE.

To Judge a QB’s recent development based upon 1 game is rather foolish. People can become very foolish when they are losing and angry. Right now fools run amok in NT.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Alex's numbers look a lot like Drew Brees' numbers through 3 seasons. I don't think he's a bust (yet) either. He's gotta get at least the rest of this year to get it together and show who is is / can be. Although if the next 8 games are really REALLY bad for him that's it.

P.S. I don't think he played that bad on Sunday. 2 of the 3 picks could just as easily been incomplete and were great plays by the DB's or they may have even gone for completions. The 2nd pick was pretty bad but every NFL QB does that at least a few times in a season.

That last pick was an uncalled PI that Sing should have been hopping mad about. I could not believe that he let that go. Even Gannon was puzzled by it right up to when they kicked the extra point.

So honestly even one of those picks was avoidable given the circumstances around them.

At least Alex did not quit on the team. And that's something he started to do when he was playing injured.

~Ceadder

Yeah, I thought the DB got there early too. Even in regular speed I thought so. Too bad that's something that's not challengable.

Actually it IS challengeable if he wishes to challenge it I believe. That's why Gannon was at a loss for words regarding the subject. At the very least Sing could have challenged the ruling on the field. Then they have to go back and look at it from when the ball left Alex's hand all the way through to the Interception. Slow mo WOULD have reversed that call IMHO.

Look at the fumble call. It was ruled forward progress at live speed. Fischer red flagged it and they went back and reversed the call. I think that they would have if Sing had challenged the play. But he didn't we lose on a BS Defensive score.

Would we have won had the play been reversed? That's another topic of discussion.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I honestly could care less about either QB right now.

But it's funny how people are blaming Hill for our losses when we didn't move the ball, but when Smith loses (and does it with TO fashion) it's mostly the OL's fault or Defense

Keep believe in that mirage.

Hey Morgan, Alex's balls coming out like a punt as well? Is that the reason you can't catch them either?

Bruce didn't have a problem catching Shauns deep punt, Morgan is just a clown, he hasn't done s**t in his NFL career yet.
The pass to Morgan was a laser...........Watch the game then post....

Guys like this are just angry. You’re not going to be able to reason with him. He and everyone else will be jumping back on the wagon if Smith gets things going the rest of the season. Fans will always be FICKLE.

To Judge a QB’s recent development based upon 1 game is rather foolish. People can become very foolish when they are losing and angry. Right now fools run amok in NT.

Ummmm guys? Re-read Gore's post with your sarcasm glasses on.


The rest of the stuff well I can't stick up for because well if he's still rootin for Shaun he must have scored some REALLY good toke.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 10, 2009 at 20:30:48 ]
I don't think you can challenge for a Penalty that wasn't called on the field.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I honestly could care less about either QB right now.

But it's funny how people are blaming Hill for our losses when we didn't move the ball, but when Smith loses (and does it with TO fashion) it's mostly the OL's fault or Defense

Keep believe in that mirage.

Hey Morgan, Alex's balls coming out like a punt as well? Is that the reason you can't catch them either?

Bruce didn't have a problem catching Shauns deep punt, Morgan is just a clown, he hasn't done s**t in his NFL career yet.
The pass to Morgan was a laser...........Watch the game then post....

Guys like this are just angry. You’re not going to be able to reason with him. He and everyone else will be jumping back on the wagon if Smith gets things going the rest of the season. Fans will always be FICKLE.

To Judge a QB’s recent development based upon 1 game is rather foolish. People can become very foolish when they are losing and angry. Right now fools run amok in NT.

Ummmm guys? Re-read Gore's post with your sarcasm glasses on.


The rest of the stuff well I can't stick up for because well if he's still rootin for Shaun he must have scored some REALLY good toke.

~Ceadder

?

TheG0RE49er has been a big advocate of Hill.

-9fA
^^^^Yes I know, but he was getting on Morgan in the process, so he's not 100% wrong.


Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Ceaddar -- please get off the stats wagon.

The only stats that matter are wins and losses.

Alex Smith SUCKS.

3 ints and 1 lost fumble! He's a great QB! Especially cause that was against a 2something ranked passing defense! Can we all come back to Earth and get Shaun Hill back in there PLEASE!?!?!?!??!



I love it. People BEG to get back to mediocrity when there are turnovers.

We lost by SEVEN freakin points not 70.

Wow.That just proves how unrealistic 9er fans have become over the years.

Oh yeah, had Shaun been the QB? We would have lost by 21 points not 7. Just to clarify the difference in QBs'. Alex was doing pretty well distributing the ball. Shaun holds it forever and only knows 2 targets. One of which was dropping the ball all freakin day.

~Ceadder

I dont give a s**t how many points we lost by! There are no moral victories in the NFL! You either win or lose, nothing else! Everyone started eating off of Alex's nutz after 6 quarters and he has since reverted to being the A. Smith that we've always known!

As far as "Alex was doing pretty well distributing the ball": Yeah, he's doing a hell of a job distributing; Not so great when the distribution list includes the opposing f**king team!

As far as the "Shaun holds it forever and only knows 2 targets. One of which was dropping the ball all freakin day." He didn't have Crabtree and still won games! And V. Davis, a.k.a "brick hands", is holding on to them now?

How is that for "realistic"?? ... Oh, and I've been a 49er fan for 20 years now!

And he also had ZERO chemistry with Crabtree. And LOST the initial game in the first half. How many drives did he sustain over 3 and out again? That's why he's the backup not the Starter.

Does he win? Well he was fast getting to .500. But yes he wins. But only when the other team doesn't know he's coming in or when he gets them at the right time. Hill is a product of Martz Passing calls imho. I can't even imagine him playing well in anything less than a simplified system. And even then(since things were completely simplified in Raye's system) I have a hard time reconciling Hill and Starter in the same sentence.

There is NOTHING wrong with being a Backup. Lot's of great player's were either Backups or played out their careers as one. Hell we've had LOTS of solid Backups. But some guys just don't have the toolbox to play 16 games as the Starter. Shaun is one of them. Up here in Sheattle territory Seneca Wallace is another. Great spot duty performer change of pace guy. A guy that will give the Opposing Defense fits when they aren't ready for him, but not "THAT" guy.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 10, 2009 at 20:49:48 ]
Originally posted by Method:
I don't think you can challenge for a Penalty that wasn't called on the field.

Nope you can't challenge the lack of a call. But you CAN challenge the Interception. The Refs would look at Sing like he lost his marbles and try to talk him out of it, but they would HAVE to comply since it's within the scope of a legitimate challenge.

So they would get in their little booth and have to watch it from pass to interception. At which time they would HAVE to reverse it since it was the result of a penalty.

See?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Method:
I don't think you can challenge for a Penalty that wasn't called on the field.

Nope you can't challenge the lack of a call. But you CAN challenge the Interception. The Refs would look at Sing like he lost his marbles and try to talk him out of it, but they would HAVE to comply since it's within the scope of a legitimate challenge.

So they would get in their little booth and have to watch it from pass to interception. At which time they would HAVE to reverse it since it was the result of a penalty.

See?

~Ceadder

I don't think it would work like that.

If you challenge the interception, it would mean that you're challenging whether the defender caught the ball before it touched the ground.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Method:
I don't think you can challenge for a Penalty that wasn't called on the field.

Nope you can't challenge the lack of a call. But you CAN challenge the Interception. The Refs would look at Sing like he lost his marbles and try to talk him out of it, but they would HAVE to comply since it's within the scope of a legitimate challenge.

So they would get in their little booth and have to watch it from pass to interception. At which time they would HAVE to reverse it since it was the result of a penalty.

See?

~Ceadder

I don't think it would work like that.

If you challenge the interception, it would mean that you're challenging whether the defender caught the ball before it touched the ground.

-9fA

Maybe, I would think that it would work because they have to look at the full play not just part of it. But heh, I'm just the poor slob at home foaming at the mouth and speaking in tongues while ripping my hair out because the idiot refs can't do their F'n jobs competently in the first place.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Alex's numbers look a lot like Drew Brees' numbers through 3 seasons. I don't think he's a bust (yet) either. He's gotta get at least the rest of this year to get it together and show who is is / can be. Although if the next 8 games are really REALLY bad for him that's it.

P.S. I don't think he played that bad on Sunday. 2 of the 3 picks could just as easily been incomplete and were great plays by the DB's or they may have even gone for completions. The 2nd pick was pretty bad but every NFL QB does that at least a few times in a season.

That last pick was an uncalled PI that Sing should have been hopping mad about. I could not believe that he let that go. Even Gannon was puzzled by it right up to when they kicked the extra point.

So honestly even one of those picks was avoidable given the circumstances around them.

At least Alex did not quit on the team. And that's something he started to do when he was playing injured.

~Ceadder

Yeah, I thought the DB got there early too. Even in regular speed I thought so. Too bad that's something that's not challengable.

Actually it IS challengeable if he wishes to challenge it I believe. That's why Gannon was at a loss for words regarding the subject. At the very least Sing could have challenged the ruling on the field. Then they have to go back and look at it from when the ball left Alex's hand all the way through to the Interception. Slow mo WOULD have reversed that call IMHO.

Look at the fumble call. It was ruled forward progress at live speed. Fischer red flagged it and they went back and reversed the call. I think that they would have if Sing had challenged the play. But he didn't we lose on a BS Defensive score.

Would we have won had the play been reversed? That's another topic of discussion.

~Ceadder

No respectable NFL fan thinks you can challenge a supposed penalty. Moreover, IT WASN'T A PENALTY. The Tennessee defender arrived perfectly on time. Take your Alex Smith homer blinders off for once.

You're opinions are so outlandish, illogical, and obviously biased that I can't find anyone ever taking your posts seriously.