LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Questions about Bruce answered?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Something that has been suggested for a while now on the Zone is the emergence of the young Jason Hill and dismissal of experienced Isaac Bruce.

Well, low and behold, Bruce did not play in the second half, and Hill made 2 TD grabs in a losing effort. I think this shows where we're headed, and I'm surprised to see what the coaching staff does do in the next game vs. the Bears.

One thing I wanted to point out that I DID NOT like from Hill was his TD celebration on his 2nd grab. At that point, the Niners were still down a TD with under a minute left in the game. That to me was just plain childish.

Other than that, I think Singletary/Raye/Sullivan is starting to have a clue on which of the WRs to put in. Looks great
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Something that has been suggested for a while now on the Zone is the emergence of the young Jason Hill and dismissal of experienced Isaac Bruce.

Well, low and behold, Bruce did not play in the second half, and Hill made 2 TD grabs in a losing effort. I think this shows where we're headed, and I'm surprised to see what the coaching staff does do in the next game vs. the Bears.

One thing I wanted to point out that I DID NOT like from Hill was his TD celebration on his 2nd grab. At that point, the Niners were still down a TD with under a minute left in the game. That to me was just plain childish.

Other than that, I think Singletary/Raye/Sullivan is starting to have a clue on which of the WRs to put in. Looks great

I agree and to back it up further Sing made these comments after the game:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/10/SP2S1AHK9T.DTL
"It makes sense for us to get together as a staff to figure out the best thing to do going forward," was Singletary's comment regarding Bruce's status. "We have to meet as a staff and really look at our receiver situation. It's a good situation."
I think not only Hill but maybe Jones are now ahead of Bruce in the depth chart. I really hope Crabtree and Hill start, Morgan is #3 with Jones #4
id like to see more hill and f morgan and his drops.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont understand why Hill does not get any PT. The clearly can play and has shown it in the past. Either Sullivan or Sing must hate him.
I am not a J. Hill guy but I did like what I saw on Sunday minus the gay celebration. What happened to the "act like you have been there before" mentality
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont understand why Hill does not get any PT. The clearly can play and has shown it in the past. Either Sullivan or Sing must hate him.

it's mind boggling. Last season, when he did get PT, he produced more than any of our other receivers, excluding Bruce. Hopefully this will open their eyes. I wouldn't mind seeing him get more playing time than Morgan. He hasn't done s**t.
Crabs and Hill looks like a dangerous combination. Crabs can take all the skinny posts/slants up the middle and Jason Hill is probably the fastest WR on our team for the 'deep-route'.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Crabs and Hill looks like a dangerous combination. Crabs can take all the skinny posts/slants up the middle and Jason Hill is probably the fastest WR on our team for the 'deep-route'.

and that "Deep route" is what we're missing. When was the last time we threw a bomb? completed or not? It's been a while.
Originally posted by backontop:
I am not a J. Hill guy but I did like what I saw on Sunday minus the gay celebration. What happened to the "act like you have been there before" mentality

Well.. he hasn't even been playing this entire year. Give him a little break lol
It's about time!!

I have been ranting about putting Bruce out to pasture all season.. I wish he had never come in the 1st place.

What I don't understand is all the love he got around here, like he was the GOAT or something??

I'm going to sleep a lot better tonight.

Originally posted by FourNine49:

Players doing celebration dances when behind, and on the verge of losing the 4th game in a row, should have to run the hill on Monday.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It's about time!!

I have been ranting about putting Bruce out to pasture all season.. I wish he had never come in the 1st place.

What I don't understand is all the love he got around here, like he was the GOAT or something??

the fact that we kept Bruce in this long is mind boggling. i mean this is a franchise that had no problem getting rid of Montana/Rice/Lott when we felt better options were available or they weren't worth the $ anymore.
sit Bruce on the bench as the #5 WR behind Crabtree/Morgan/Hill/Jones who knows maybe Battle should be #5 with Bruce #6
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It's about time!!

the fact that we kept Bruce in this long is mind boggling. i mean this is a franchise that had no problem getting rid of Montana/Rice/Lott when we felt better options were available or they weren't worth the $ anymore.
sit Bruce on the bench as the #5 WR behind Crabtree/Morgan/Hill/Jones who knows maybe Battle should be #5 with Bruce #6

Yeah very true. It might be due to the fact that Singletary is a rookie HC, but still, at least he's headed in the right direction. If this was Nolan, then Bruce would start the whole season.
  • B650
  • Veteran
So is it official now that Crabtree doesn't have deep speed?
Share 49ersWebzone