LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Time To Sit Bruce?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I admire Bruce for EVERYTHING the future Hall of Famer has done for football, BUT I think it's time for him to play VERY sparingly for the rest of the season. For sure he'll retire after this season and we need to get players like Hill more opportunities to be evaluated by the coaches for NEXT season. Hill, Morgan, and Crabtree need to create an impression as to where they fit next season. For me it should be Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Jones as our top four. Bruce will be gone and I think Battle will down the road too. This season is over, the Niners need to prepare for next season.

[ Edited by stevenking57 on Nov 8, 2009 at 19:13:05 ]
Jason Hill. Play him instead.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 8, 2009 at 19:12:45 ]
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I admire Bruce for EVERYTHING the future Hall of Famer has done for football, BUT I think it's time for him to play VERY sparingly for the rest of the season. For sure he'll retire after this season and we need to get players like Hill more opportunities to be evaluated by the coaches for NEXT season. Hill, Morgan, and Crabtree need to create an impression as to where they fit next season. For me it should be Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Smith as our top four. Bruce will be gone and I think Battle will down the road too. This season is over, the Niners need to prepare for next season.

i thought we played 8 more games?!
should the players not dress and send a note to the other teams saying we forfeit? f**k man. but yes, sit father time bruce he sucks. Jason Hill and Crabtree! And.. Morgan I guess...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I admire Bruce for EVERYTHING the future Hall of Famer has done for football, BUT I think it's time for him to play VERY sparingly for the rest of the season. For sure he'll retire after this season and we need to get players like Hill more opportunities to be evaluated by the coaches for NEXT season. Hill, Morgan, and Crabtree need to create an impression as to where they fit next season. For me it should be Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Smith as our top four. Bruce will be gone and I think Battle will down the road too. This season is over, the Niners need to prepare for next season.

i thought we played 8 more games?!
should the players not dress and send a note to the other teams saying we forfeit? f**k man. but yes, sit father time bruce he sucks. Jason Hill and Crabtree! And.. Morgan I guess...
We do play eight more game, but the changes I suggest, IMO, would help us in the short and long term.
I admire Bruce for EVERYTHING the future Hall of Famer has done for football, BUT I think it's time for him to play VERY sparingly for the rest of the season. For sure he'll retire after this season and we need to get players like Hill more opportunities to be evaluated by the coaches for NEXT season. Hill, Morgan, and Crabtree need to create an impression as to where they fit next season. For me it should be Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Jones as our top four. Bruce will be gone and I think Battle will down the road too. This season is over as far as the play-offs, the Niners need to prepare for next season.
  • ndp9
  • Info N/A
I admire Bruce for EVERYTHING the future Hall of Famer has done for football, BUT I think it's time for him to play VERY sparingly for the rest of the season. For sure he'll retire after this season and we need to get players like Hill more opportunities to be evaluated by the coaches for NEXT season. Hill, Morgan, and Crabtree need to create an impression as to where they fit next season. For me it should be Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Jones as our top four. Bruce will be gone and I think Battle will down the road too. This season is over, the Niners need to prepare for next season.

With the exception of the season being over, I cannot say it better. I fully agree.
Originally posted by King49er:

guy is a stud! GLAD TO SEE HIM FINALLY GETTING REPS! and look what happens
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by King49er:

guy is a stud! GLAD TO SEE HIM FINALLY GETTING REPS! and look what happens

It doesn't make you question the personnel decisions of Coach FRAUD at all?
Originally posted by ndp9:

With the exception of the season being over, I cannot say it better. I fully agree.
We do have eight more games to play. We ain't making the play-offs, so we are out of real games. Play -offs or nothing

Play Jason Hill he is a stud. Hill has a lot of potential especially if he gets more playing time. Bruce is just a waste of roster spot on the team.
Originally posted by ndp9:

We do have eight more games to play. We ain't making the play-offs, so we are out of real games. Play -offs or nothing

I mean, yea, this loss was hard. And the cardinals winning put salt in our wound. But there are 8 games. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but we still have a chance this season. Maybe I'm just blowing smoke up my own ass, but IT IS possible. ...but our O-Line is horrendous so I'm sure we'll end up with a top-10 pick. 2 of them with carolina. Eric Berry and OT here we come!
After today you would think I know the Zone is never wrong, people have been calling this three games ago. Niners coaches dropped the ball on this decision. They are 3 games too late.

It's retarded that J. Hill only came in after 8 games into the season!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
After today you would think I know the Zone is never wrong, people have been calling this three games ago. Niners coaches dropped the ball on this decision. They are 3 games too late.

It's retarded that J. Hill only came in after 8 games into the season!

Very.

Retarded, that is.
Bruce has had a wonderful career, but it's now time to give way and let Jason Hill play. He provided a good spark today.
Share 49ersWebzone