There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Sky is not Falling!!!

Yes it is. We suck.
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
I'm losing hope, with all the injuries we're facing and the strength of our schedule in the last half, i could honestly see us finishing 6-10. At this point i think we'd be lucky to get to 8-8. No playoffs, esp. not the way the cardinals have been paying recently.

The Cardinals are unpredictable and inconsistent. they could blow a team, out of the water one day and lose to a team they should be the next week. I hoped we would make the playoffs this year but it really doesn't look like it with this losing streak. This team does not know how to win on a consistent basis yet. Hell, Raye is still trying to figure out what Alex's strengths are. YOu know you are in trouble when that happens cause you are supposed to do that in training camp. The biggest problem as everyone knows is the line. Yeah Rayes playcalling is not the most creative but before we even think about making the playoffs the oline needs to be fixed no matter who the QB is.So next year Scotty Mac needs to take this advice get some quality olineman and a passrusher in free agency and a blocking TE for this team.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
At least we have a short week to forget about it.

Thank goodness we have a game on Thursday to get this taste out of our mouths (hopefully).
You're right........The Sky has Fallen
I guess it has come to this . As a Niner fan I am tired of seeing "flashes". Wait a few more years and we will be the NFL equivalent to the Warriors if we already aren't there. If I want flashes with no real outcome I will watch college football. When we were 2-14 it was understandlable, but the team should have their $hit in order by now. I say we keep flashing and getting those moral victories to finish out the year then hire an X's and O's guy like Shanahan to get us really back on track.
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
I guess it has come to this . As a Niner fan I am tired of seeing "flashes". Wait a few more years and we will be the NFL equivalent to the Warriors if we already aren't there. If I want flashes with no real outcome I will watch college football. When we were 2-14 it was understandlable, but the team should have their $hit in order by now. I say we keep flashing and getting those moral victories to finish out the year then hire an X's and O's guy like Shanahan to get us really back on track.

We have not had any flashes of greatness for a few years. The pieces are falling into place. The future looks good. There is a lot of talent on this team. Just a few more things to fix (OLINE).

For those who bring up the Titan as being a 1-6 team that we lost to. If you followed football, you would see that they are actually a very good team and just went through a series of unfortunate events. They are a much better team then their record.

But if you want to feel bad, be angry, and cry a river, by all means, knock yourselves out.
No, the sky is not falling, but that was a hard loss to stomach. I've said all along that I thought this was about a 500 team, but they're not even going to get to that if they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:

We have not had any flashes of greatness for a few years. The pieces are falling into place. The future looks good. There is a lot of talent on this team. Just a few more things to fix (OLINE).

For those who bring up the Titan as being a 1-6 team that we lost to. If you followed football, you would see that they are actually a very good team and just went through a series of unfortunate events. They are a much better team then their record.

But if you want to feel bad, be angry, and cry a river, by all means, knock yourselves out.

Okay then. The titans were a good 1-6 team, we are a bad 3-5 team...Tadow!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Week 5

Week 9

[ Edited by krizay on Nov 8, 2009 at 19:52:09 ]
Anyone who says the sky isn't falling is a fool.

We've dropped 4 in a row, and 5 of the last 6, the latest loss being at home to a team that is 1-6.

We have no QB, and we have no OLine.

The sky is definitely falling.

Okay then. The titans were a good 1-6 team, we are a bad 3-5 team...Tadow!

lol, well, we played poorly today, but I don't think we are a bad team. Not a great team by any means, but I think we are a work in progress. Keep in mind that the 6 losses was with a Collins at the helm. They are a different team with Young behind center.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

We've dropped 4 in a row, and 5 of the last 6, the latest loss being at home to a team that is 1-6.

Anyone who is so shortsighted is a bigger fool. Some have an ability to see beyond our emotions and look at the bigger picture. The way our team is playing is the best we have played since the turn of the century. Granted that is not saying much but it gives one hope, something I had not had for a lot of years.

Anyone who is so shortsighted is a bigger fool. Some have an ability to see beyond our emotions and look at the bigger picture. The way our team is playing is the best we have played since the turn of the century. Granted that is not saying much but it gives one hope, something I had not had for a lot of years.

F*ck that, it's been 6 years. 6 f**king years of rebuilding, and this is the team we've assembled.

This team is soft. We should be done with looking into the future, we should be winning now.

[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Nov 8, 2009 at 19:58:57 ]

By bigger picture do you mean 5-10 years from now?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
There were a lot of good things today. For instance, our offense was moving the ball well. We had nice, sustained drives and easily won the ToP battle. Unfortunately, BAD turnovers killed us today.

On defense, we generally had the Titans and Johnson bottled up. However, we let the game out of our hands and were torn up.

If we move the ball that well on offense, limit turnovers, then we maybe win that game.

But first off... I think we put it too much on Alex to win that one for us. He may or may not grow to that star QB, but he's only a serviceable starting QB right now.

Gag me