LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Offensive grades, November 8th

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by jcs:
Alex Gets an F.

3 INT's and 2 Fumbles is not C worthy let alone D worthy.

A grade of C for Alex is an excuse for a fan who cant let go.

I really have nothing for or against Alex, he has the tools to suceed but I want to see wins, I dont care who is behind center, as a fan I want to see wins.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Alex Gets an F.

I really have nothing for or against Alex, he has the tools to suceed but I want to see wins, I dont care who is behind center, as a fan I want to see wins.

uughh me too
Originally posted by jreff22:
Good work NV

When are you dropping the D's grades?

not really sure yet, busy with work etc, but i will try and get to it by tuesday
Great analysis
NICE sounds to me like we're going 11-5

WHOSE WITH ME
  • B650
  • Veteran
Alex Gets an F.

This post is an F.
  • Mex49
Alex Gets an F.

Funny that neither of you bothered to add his TD's in your stats or his poor tackeling skills and coverage down field.

his game planning was horrendous and his mid season discsion to play Jason Hill is suspect to say the least.

And what was he thinking letting the O line part like the red sea to allow his fumble.

Alex, it is time to trade yourself.

And if Alex would just hand Crabtree the ball instead of asking him to catch it, maybe Crabtree would stop tipping into the hand of our enemy
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
Alex Gets an F.

Funny that neither of you bothered to add his TD's in your stats or his poor tackeling skills and coverage down field.

his game planning was horrendous and his mid season discsion to play Jason Hill is suspect to say the least.

And what was he thinking letting the O line part like the red sea to allow his fumble.

Alex, it is time to trade yourself.

And if Alex would just hand Crabtree the ball instead of asking him to catch it, maybe Crabtree would stop tipping into the hand of our enemy

Also, he told Haralson to take a horrible angle to tackle Chris Johnson, effectively ending the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Alex needs to stop trying to force balls into well covered recievers. He throws way too many picks.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Alex needs to stop trying to force balls into well covered recievers. He throws way too many picks.

Agreed, but when your OL gives you no time and coaches stress making quick decisions, it's hard to put all the blame on him. I'm a Smith supporter, and I'll admit that he didn't play all that good, but I don't think he played as bad as people think he did. A couple of those INTs weren't really his fault.

Originally posted by B650:

Agreed, but when your OL gives you no time and coaches stress making quick decisions, it's hard to put all the blame on him. I'm a Smith supporter, and I'll admit that he didn't play all that good, but I don't think he played as bad as people think he did. A couple of those INTs weren't really his fault.

There were some tipped balls in there today which makes him look worse than he was.
  • Mex49

When you know your coaches and GM aren't helping your situation, you take matters into your own hands. You cant blame a 25 year old for trying to carry an entire franchise on a broken shoulder
Good stuff, NY. I'll just piggy-back on the OL...especially the part about drafting two top O/L in the 1st round. We've been neglecting the OL for too long, and it keeps showing itself as each week rolls around. I only see Staley and Rachal as long-term starters. I know Chilo has had his struggles, but he's young enough to work through them. I'm disappointed in Baas...for him, this is a FA season. Unless he really picks up his play, I don't see Mac extending his contract. That means, we draft the top OT and OG on the board next April. Sims is proving his worth at LT...he really seems a lot more comfortable there than at RT, for whatever reason. Snyder's not a starter...at least not a good one. He has real value as a top reserve, because he can play everywhere 'cept C. Still don't get why Wragge hasn't had some meaningful PT. They need to begin looking for Heitmann's replacement...he won't last forever, although with improved OG play, it'd make things easier on him, for sure. Wallace hasn't sniffed the field, so hard to figure his role, if he has one. BL: the OL has to substantially improve, NOW.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The irony is that you could the same grades for just about every game this season, including the ones we have won. And thats what makes this loss so unacceptable. We talk work ethic, change of strategy, etc. during the week, but when gamtime comes...it's the same garbage over and over. What this team needs is a new look on offense. Sure, a new coordinator could do wonders, but Im sick of using that excuse for the past 5 years. We've had 5 coordinators since Smith was drafted, and 3 of them were/are head coaches in this league..yet the results have been the same. It's time to change personnel.

You start off good then finish poorly with the Smith bashing. Why the weird Smith hate obsession?

Great analysis by NV, right on as usual.
I haven't gone through every reaction thread, but this is the most reasonable one I've seen so I'm gonna reply here.

Even as a casual viewer, you could tell something was not right with the offense in the 2nd half. It does not surprise me one bit that Raye went conservative with the design of the pass offense in the 2nd half, since we led or tied until midway through the 4th. So I'm fine with giving him an F.

But the fact of the matter is that Alex had a chance to win the game for us with 6 minutes left, and he stared down his man and threw that 2nd pick which was 100% all on him. I hate to say it since I think he hasn't gotten a fair chance here, but that's 3 straight weeks that he's had a chance to win the game for us in the 4th and been unable to do it.

So where do we go from here? Throw out his rookie season when he was utterly confused and there was no talent around him. Throw out the games he played after he got hurt. That means he's had 21.5 games as a healthy QB with decent talent around him. I don't think you can completely write off a QB until they've had close to two NFL seasons worth of games under those circumstances (health+weapons), so I think Alex needs to play out the rest of the season until we are mathematically eliminated.
Share 49ersWebzone