There are 180 users in the forums

49ers postgame press conference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Chief:
I think Singletary is a great motivator but is more stubborn than a rock, I'm not sure he can be a good coach, I think he leans to much on his coordinators. I am not sure the man is smart enough when it comes to "football smarts" to out coach any of the elite coaches. He can get the best out of a team as far as effort but can he out scheme a team with more talent?

I just don't know.

I agree. Thats why I favor a coach that has a field of "expertice". That way, they dont have to totally rely on their staff to carry the team. Singletary, although a great motivator, doesnt really have too much more to offer. He can scream, drill, and bench his players, but if you ask him to call a play on a 3rd down situation, he'll just look at Raye and give him the "make sure its a run" stare.

Shanahan in 2010..........I have my fingers crossed.

Because he was the key for Denver? He hasn't done anything in over 10 years and sucks as a GM. If Shanahan becomes a coach or GM for the Niners I am becoming a Browns fan.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Mike Nolentary's act is getting old. All of those tough slogan talk doesn't mean sh*t when your team gets outcoached and outplayed week after week. All of that motivational talk really played off today when Chris Johnson was tearing up the defense. I rather have a coach that can outcoach the opponent. But I have given up on this ownership and front office to ever find that coach.

LOL, Nolantary! You said it, this front office and the ownership are just incompetent and clueless.
I think Singletary is a great motivator but is more stubborn than a rock, I'm not sure he can be a good coach, I think he leans to much on his coordinators. I am not sure the man is smart enough when it comes to "football smarts" to out coach any of the elite coaches. He can get the best out of a team as far as effort but can he out scheme a team with more talent?

I just don't know.

Raye certainly opened it up more today and I thought called a pretty good game so it shows Sing and Raye are willing to adjust/change and open things up a bit.

You can't put the turnovers on the coaches.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I just don't know.

Raye certainly opened it up more today and I thought called a pretty good game so it shows Sing and Raye are willing to adjust/change and open things up a bit.

You can't put the turnovers on the coaches.

agreed.

in fact, this and the vikings game are the only games where the coaches can't be blamed at all.
The bigger story is I can't believe Singletary got a verizon wireless commercial. Nice gig and money for a coach with a career record of 8-9
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I just don't know.

I agree. Thats why I favor a coach that has a field of "expertice". That way, they dont have to totally rely on their staff to carry the team. Singletary, although a great motivator, doesnt really have too much more to offer. He can scream, drill, and bench his players, but if you ask him to call a play on a 3rd down situation, he'll just look at Raye and give him the "make sure its a run" stare.

Shanahan in 2010..........I have my fingers crossed.

Because he was the key for Denver? He hasn't done anything in over 10 years and sucks as a GM. If Shanahan becomes a coach or GM for the Niners I am becoming a Browns fan.

1) He's a proven coach in this league. Has HAS won Superbowls, and has put winning teams with winning players on the field. He understands how to run a successful football team.

2) He's an offensive genius. He had that great run of RBs that excelled under his tutelage + oline, only to see them leave and become less than adequate on other rosters.

2A) He brings the WCO tradition back to where it belongs. Im sorry, but this Singletary "Im going to play not to lose" philosophy just doesnt fit with Niner tradition. It's as ludicrous as expecting the Steelers to execute the West Coast offense with perfection. Some teams live and die by their legacy. As adamant as Rooney has been to keep the hard nosed, stuff your face football in Pittsburgh, we should expect just the same with the WCO in San Fran. Shanahan will do just that.

3) He's from the Bill Walsh coaching tree. Nuff said.

4) He brings attention back to Ninerland, and we become an NFL franchise on the map just because of his presence alone.

Holmgren would be a great substitute as well, but I prefer Shanahan. I hope we dont miss the opportunity when it presents itself.........
Share 49ersWebzone