There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers postgame press conference

Has Singletary had his press conference yet ?
Yes, he did. Nothing new, just the typical "we have to learn to finish" jargon.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:25:30 ]
Any links on were to watch it?
yep he starting to sound robotic now, giving the same old speech over and over... even the players said he not saying much anymore, my thinking is he knows his QB and oline is crap but he has nothing better to put in. My guess is he just going through the motions and waiting till the offseason to address the QB and oline glaring holes.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Any links on were to watch it?

why bother watching it all your gonna hear is the same ol same ol

Mike Nolentary's act is getting old. All of those tough slogan talk doesn't mean sh*t when your team gets outcoached and outplayed week after week. All of that motivational talk really played off today when Chris Johnson was tearing up the defense. I rather have a coach that can outcoach the opponent. But I have given up on this ownership and front office to ever find that coach.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think Singletary is a great motivator but is more stubborn than a rock, I'm not sure he can be a good coach, I think he leans to much on his coordinators. I am not sure the man is smart enough when it comes to "football smarts" to out coach any of the elite coaches. He can get the best out of a team as far as effort but can he out scheme a team with more talent?

I just don't know.
Originally posted by Chief:
I think Singletary is a great motivator but is more stubborn than a rock, I'm not sure he can be a good coach, I think he leans to much on his coordinators. I am not sure the man is smart enough when it comes to "football smarts" to out coach any of the elite coaches. He can get the best out of a team as far as effort but can he out scheme a team with more talent?

I just don't know.

No he can't is the answer.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

I just don't know.

I think you do , but like me the idea that they need to scrap the project and start over is hard to take
  • ZRF80

I just don't know.

I agree. Thats why I favor a coach that has a field of "expertice". That way, they dont have to totally rely on their staff to carry the team. Singletary, although a great motivator, doesnt really have too much more to offer. He can scream, drill, and bench his players, but if you ask him to call a play on a 3rd down situation, he'll just look at Raye and give him the "make sure its a run" stare.

Shanahan in 2010..........I have my fingers crossed.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I just don't know.

I agree. Thats why I favor a coach that has a field of "expertice". That way, they dont have to totally rely on their staff to carry the team. Singletary, although a great motivator, doesnt really have too much more to offer. He can scream, drill, and bench his players, but if you ask him to call a play on a 3rd down situation, he'll just look at Raye and give him the "make sure its a run" stare.

Because he was the key for Denver? He hasn't done anything in over 10 years and sucks as a GM. If Shanahan becomes a coach or GM for the Niners I am becoming a Browns fan.
Singletary actually got a little pissed when someone asked "Why did you spread it out?" HAHA
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I just don't know.

Because he was the key for Denver? He hasn't done anything in over 10 years and sucks as a GM. If Shanahan becomes a coach or GM for the Niners I am becoming a Browns fan.

He's seen the playoffs recently...we haven't.
There is only one thing that would make me somewhat hopeful. If they canceled the presser. There is nothing to say. If Sing had the balls to cancel this presser, that would speak much louder than the empty words he is about to deliver
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I just don't know.

He's seen the playoffs recently...we haven't.

He's developed a franchise QB, WR, and multiple RBs with steady O-line play.