There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody else scared to death Scot M. has 2 first rounders to waste next year?

Anybody else scared to death Scot M. has 2 first rounders to waste next year?

I'm for a new Gm, but not a new coach.
Originally posted by lamontb:

New G.M.
New Coach
New Coordinators

Clean house.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan for coach and GM. No more FRAUDS with fancy DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME SPEECHES.

"I WANT WINNERS."

While I would also want Scott M to be replaced by someone with a proven track record as GM, I would shy away from either of the 2 for GM. Both have great records as head coaches but bad to poor as GM's.

As much as I hope, I really doubt if the Yorks are serious about making this team a winner. We had a chance to do so this past offseason with our opening at Offensive Coordinator but instead chose a head-scratcher like Jimmy Raye?!

I just feel like our team's owners feel that the need to save money is more important than the urge to win. And in this league and during these times, that type of attitude can't bring us another Superbowl win.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Nope. I'm glad we got 2 first rounders.

Why so much hate for coach Sing? Why are you only giving him less then a year? Do you not understand the players love him? Who would want to come play for us after we got rid of coach Sing after one year? You might as well kiss all the our good players good bye.

Because he has shown to be to stubborn to be an NFL coach. His game management is piss-poor his teams are un-prepaired and lacking fundamentals. They come out flat and lazy.

And his personnel decisions are flat out crazy. Jason Hill riding the pine for 1/2 of the season?

Wowzers can not believe I forgot that one too!!

Bottom line

Nolan=Sing Sing=Nolan
Originally posted by 49erinManila:

Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan for coach and GM. No more FRAUDS with fancy DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME SPEECHES.

"I WANT WINNERS."

While I would also want Scott M to be replaced by someone with a proven track record as GM, I would shy away from either of the 2 for GM. Both have great records as head coaches but bad to poor as GM's.

As much as I hope, I really doubt if the Yorks are serious about making this team a winner. We had a chance to do so this past offseason with our opening at Offensive Coordinator but instead chose a head-scratcher like Jimmy Raye?!

I just feel like our team's owners feel that the need to save money is more important than the urge to win. And in this league and during these times, that type of attitude can't bring us another Superbowl win.

Tom Telesco
Originally posted by lamontb:

New G.M.
New Coach
New Coordinators

Clean house.
I want this, a new regime would get rid of players who don't contribute.

Mrob
bruce
any other loser who is "a special teams standout"

If mrob was running kicks back like devin hester, i could see his roster spot.. he doenst do s**t but make a tackle on st, that anyone else could do.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Nope. I'm glad we got 2 first rounders.

Why so much hate for coach Sing? Why are you only giving him less then a year? Do you not understand the players love him? Who would want to come play for us after we got rid of coach Sing after one year? You might as well kiss all the our good players good bye.

Because he has shown to be to stubborn to be an NFL coach. His game management is piss-poor his teams are un-prepaired and lacking fundamentals. They come out flat and lazy.

And his personnel decisions are flat out crazy. Jason Hill riding the pine for 1/2 of the season?

Wowzers can not believe I forgot that one too!!

Bottom line

Nolan=Sing Sing=Nolan

STAY THE COURSE. They are both stubborn guys. The difference is one wears a SUIT and the other DROPS HIS PANTS.
One of em better be on a top OL prospect! the other needs to be a stud pass rusher!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
One of em better be on a top OL prospect! the other needs to be a stud pass rusher!

Scot M. will bust on both of them.

I'm okay with some of our 1st rounders... Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Crabtree have produced... Balmer, Alex Smith, not so much...

I think McCloughan's done okay. There's talent in the team, but some glaring holes. He's absolutely BUSTED in putting together an o-line though. We've invested a lot in it (Staley, Baas, Rachal, Snyder, Free Agents) and it sucks this season. If we have a decent offensive line, that resonates throughout our entire team. Of course, we've had injuries, but we still looked bad at OL when they were healthy.
No not really
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm okay with some of our 1st rounders... Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Crabtree have produced... Balmer, Alex Smith, not so much...

I think McCloughan's done okay. There's talent in the team, but some glaring holes. He's absolutely BUSTED in putting together an o-line though. We've invested a lot in it (Staley, Baas, Rachal, Snyder, Free Agents) and it sucks this season. If we have a decent offensive line, that resonates throughout our entire team. Of course, we've had injuries, but we still looked bad at OL when they were healthy.

It scares me to death he will pick O LINEMEN in the draft and I know he doesn't know how to do that.
This is Scot's last chance. There are no more excuses for not solving the issues at RT, OLB, SS, and OG/C. If he doesn't sign at least two decent free agents, take advantage of the two first rounders and fill the above holes, he should be history.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This is Scot's last chance. There are no more excuses for not solving the issues at RT, OLB, SS, and OG/C. If he doesn't sign at least two decent free agents, take advantage of the two first rounders and fill the above holes, he should be history.

He should be history before we waste those 2 picks on O LINEMEN who can't block and don't get any valuable FA's to fill holes becuase we are trying to save money.
After watching how bad last year's draft was? Gee and people wondered then why I wasn't part of the "ra ra we got 2 1st round picks next year" bandwagon. Nice to see that others are finally catching up!