There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody else scared to death Scot M. has 2 first rounders to waste next year?

Anybody else scared to death Scot M. has 2 first rounders to waste next year?

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just a few suggestions for GM:

Tom Telesco (Director of Player Personnel, Colts)
Clyde Powers (Director of Pro Player Personnel, Colts)
Nick Polk (Director of Football Administration, Falcons)
Doug Whaley (Pro Personnel Coordinator, Steelers)

Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan for coach and GM. No more FRAUDS with fancy DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME SPEECHES.

"I WANT WINNERS."

Neither has proven they can continue to do well in either role. It's time to let go of the past and look to the future. No more retreads. Let's get staff who have actual results on their CURRENT teams.

If you separate out one as Coach and one as GM I think it can work well.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:33:10 ]
  • dald1
  • Veteran

Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan for coach and GM. No more FRAUDS with fancy DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME SPEECHES.

"I WANT WINNERS."

Neither has proven they can continue to do well in either roleIt's time to let go of the past and look to the future. No more retreads. Let's get staff who have actual results on their CURRENT teams.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?
Originally posted by dald1:

"I WANT WINNERS."

Neither has proven they can continue to do well in either roleIt's time to let go of the past and look to the future. No more retreads. Let's get staff who have actual results on their CURRENT teams.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

The both WON THE SUPER BOWL. Better than the CLOWNS we have now.
Nope. I'm glad we got 2 first rounders.

Why so much hate for coach Sing? Why are you only giving him less then a year? Do you not understand the players love him? Who would want to come play for us after we got rid of coach Sing after one year? You might as well kiss all the our good players good bye.
Yeah, I'm on the San Diego ban wagon. I'm sick o dis.
nope... I think we'll be fine.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Why so much hate for coach Sing? Why are you only giving him less then a year? Do you not understand the players love him? Who would want to come play for us after we got rid of coach Sing after one year? You might as well kiss all the our good players good bye.

1) Players love him and NO RESULTS = FAIL.

2) We don't have many "Good Players."
Originally posted by highwayone:
Yeah, I'm on the San Diego ban wagon. I'm sick o dis.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:

"I WANT WINNERS."

Shannahan really??? Holmgren really??? maybe back in the 90's but we are heading into 2010. No thanks to either one of them. And we are not going into a rebuilding mode. Plain and simple we need O line man. And continuity across the staff for once. Thats it

This team needs guys who have a proven track record developing QB's...these guys can do that.
Originally posted by dald1:

"I WANT WINNERS."

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

Pop Quiz: How many players drafted by Mike Shanahan in this decade have been to a Pro Bowl?
Answer: Three. Clinton Portis, Deltha O’Neal, and Ian Gold.

Pop Quiz: How many of those players still play in Denver?
Answer: None.

Fortune Cookie Says: Catch and release good for fishing, but not good for building franchise. If the team’s goal is to build through the draft rather than free agency, bringing in a FA-oriented guy like Shanahan would be counterproductive. Shanahan is a poor evaluator of talent, and the occasional talent he finds he tends to squander (remember O’Neal at wide receiver?). He hasn’t shown any great propensity for developing young talent either. He is what he is: a decent manager of veteran players. We’re not a veteran team. Let him go to one of the league’s retirement homes…. I’ll bet he’d fit in real nice with the Jets.

http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news/2009/01/01/dont-hire-mike-shanahan-an-open-letter-to-clark-hunt/

and

Mike Holmgren ranks as one of the worst GM's for drafting during the 1999 to 2002 seasons (see rankings below). It is widely accepted that players drafted during the first round should be at least starters on a team. The second and third rounds should provide needed depth and an occasional starter. Rounds 4 through 7 are typically unpredictable, but most assume that it is a "bonus" if any player drafted past round 3 makes the team.

Holmgren drafted 38 players during his GM years, with 6 first round picks. Of those 38 players, only 5 became consistent productive starters - Shaun Alexander, Darrell Jackson, Steve Hutchinson, Ken Lucas, and Rocky Bernard. Obviously, trying to rank the rest of the drafted players has an element of subjectivity. It would appear that the Seahawks produced a total of 8 productive draft picks (players making a significant contribution for their team, for a significant period of time), during the four years in question. This number should be much higher, especially considering the 6 first round picks. Of the 6 first round draft picks, only 2 (Alexander and Hutchinson) became consistent productive starters.

http://sea.scout.com/2/816748.html

Not what you want for a rebuilding team.

And YES we need to rebuild.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:39:30 ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by redmanc07:

"I WANT WINNERS."

Shannahan really??? Holmgren really??? maybe back in the 90's but we are heading into 2010. No thanks to either one of them. And we are not going into a rebuilding mode. Plain and simple we need O line man. And continuity across the staff for once. Thats it

This team needs guys who have a proven track record developing QB's...these guys can do that.

You are correct.
McCloughan and Holmgren have worked with each before. Personally I hope we add Holmgren as VP of Football Operations or some title like that and give him power over Scotty. Keep Singletary, but bring back the West Coast offense and can the entire offensive staff.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:39:57 ]

Because he has shown to be to stubborn to be an NFL coach. His game management is piss-poor his teams are un-prepaired and lacking fundamentals. They come out flat and lazy.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Because he has shown to be to stubborn to be an NFL coach. His game management is piss-poor his teams are un-prepaired and lacking fundamentals. They come out flat and lazy.

Other than this, he is great!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

And his personnel decisions are flat out crazy. Jason Hill riding the pine for 1/2 of the season?