There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This one is on the players, not the coaches

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Both teams have great running backs.....Theirs had 25 carries....Ours 15

Both teams have a 1st round bust at QB.....Theirs threw 19 times....Ours 45 times

So the players call the plays?

titans 1st round bust Qb had 0 turnovers
Niners 1st round bust QB had 4 turnovers

So the coaches make turnovers?

They do if they put Smith in....Sorry I had to......
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Both teams have a 1st round bust at QB.....Theirs threw 19 times....Ours 45 times

Question for you......We're you one of the Niners fans screaming last week for the coaching staff to open it up?

Exactly.

"FREE ALEX!" "RUN THE SPREAD!"

Well we did, and this is what we got. Alex Smith with 3 INTs and 2 fumbles.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimbagg:
In other words, this loss to Tennessee was all about the lack of player execution. I've often been harsh in evaluating the coiaching, but not this time. Both offensive and defensive game plans seemed sound to me.

Four turnovers from the QB position is losing football - plain and simple. And make no mistake, this was a devastating loss for the Niners 2009 season hopes and aspirations.

I didn't expect to see many deep passes from the Niner offense, given the injured state of the Niner OL going into this game, but I did expect the game plan to show more passing on the early downs, and it did. Gore got his 20-25 touches, if you include all the screens and swing passes. Vernon Davis was justifiably targeted on 7-8 throws. Jason Hill's re-appearance was a most pleasant surprise. Isaac Bruce, meet Wally Pipp. The OL blocked well enough most of the time, but the QB turnovers were just brutal and trumped all of the good things.

Defensively, the player intensity level in the defensive secondary just seemed off from the time of Johnson's very first carry for 14 yards. Nothing wrong with the scheme, which had to concern itself with Young's running, but when did Justin Gage become an All-Pro WR?

No, I'm not going to hang this one on the coaches or McCloughan. This was an out-and-out player execution embarassment, especially by the QB. How hard is it for these guys to spell F-I-N-I-S-H?

completely off base. one receiver was clearly hit in the hands. I'll give crabtree the benefit of the doubt. Snyder is clearly not the answer at right tackle. Can't lay the fumble on Smith.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for YourHuckleberry.
Originally posted by dmatt:
In other words, this loss to Tennessee was all about the lack of player execution. I've often been harsh in evaluating the coiaching, but not this time. Both offensive and defensive game plans seemed sound to me.

Four turnovers from the QB position is losing football - plain and simple. And make no mistake, this was a devastating loss for the Niners 2009 season hopes and aspirations.

I didn't expect to see many deep passes from the Niner offense, given the injured state of the Niner OL going into this game, but I did expect the game plan to show more passing on the early downs, and it did. Gore got his 20-25 touches, if you include all the screens and swing passes. Vernon Davis was justifiably targeted on 7-8 throws. Jason Hill's re-appearance was a most pleasant surprise. Isaac Bruce, meet Wally Pipp. The OL blocked well enough most of the time, but the QB turnovers were just brutal and trumped all of the good things.

Defensively, the player intensity level in the defensive secondary just seemed off from the time of Johnson's very first carry for 14 yards. Nothing wrong with the scheme, which had to concern itself with Young's running, but when did Justin Gage become an All-Pro WR?

No, I'm not going to hang this one on the coaches or McCloughan. This was an out-and-out player execution embarassment, especially by the QB. How hard is it for these guys to spell F-I-N-I-S-H?

completely off base. one receiver was clearly hit in the hands. I'll give crabtree the benefit of the doubt. Snyder is clearly not the answer at right tackle. Can't lay the fumble on Smith.

Remind me again, when exactly is it ever Smith's fault?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Question for you......We're you one of the Niners fans screaming last week for the coaching staff to open it up?

Exactly.

yeah i said open it up cause of the poor Titan defense...not to go all mike martz turnover orgy!!!!!

Exactly.

yeah i said open it up cause of the poor Titan defense...not to go all mike martz turnover orgy!!!!!

I'm happy we opened it up.
It was the right thing to do.
I had no idea our line was so terrible until today.

Exactly.

That may be true but the spread only works if you have a pocket to stand in and throw from. Not to mention Josh "the whiny piece of crap,who isnt' starting for a reason" Morgan dropping passes and deflecting them for INT's.

Look the elite teams in this league KNOW how to get it done up front and until we figure that out, that's just the way it is. Look at the teams who've won games recently: The steelers (good pass blocking team), Giants, Patriots, the Saints right now, the Vikings (and conversely the Packers), and the Miami Dolphins last year. You have to be sound and have DEPTH at the OLINE to be great in this league and that is why we have sucked no matter who else we've added at other positions.

Put another QB back there and unless his name is Manning or Brees (2 guys smart enough to compensate for weaknesses and injuries) than we're gonna be in the same boat.
Are you implying that Sigletary has lost the team, and they are no longer buying into he "mistake free" philosophy? Cause if this is on the players then it shows a lack of motivation. If it is on the players then the coaches aren't doing their job!
id have to agree, this game and the last game was on the players. The coaches has the players ready (i.e. gameplans) and they just didn't execute well enough in the end.

These guys are pros, they have to take blame as well.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
So... it makes a difference when you've just lost 4 in a row?? Seasons over, who cares...

I fell the same way, I had high hopes this year but now this is another season in the rebuilding mode.

Quick ? I had asked my boss at work for thusday off to watch the game and I got it, should I still take the day off?
  • Mex49
Originally posted by krizay:

If you seen the Robinson report last week, you'd be surprised how hard it just may be .

Not as hard as winning i would guess? PAY CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Exactly.

I'm happy we opened it up.
It was the right thing to do.
I had no idea our line was so terrible until today.

Wrong it was the wrong thing to do is open the offense. We need to run the ball today especially if the Titans allowed 100yrds rushing the past two games what were the coaches thinking. Yeah they were ranked last against the pass but that was without Finneran and other defensive backs which they played in this game and were a factor. If we would of ran the ball we would of won easily, 51 pass attempts? We don't have peyton manning for Christ sake! Jesus!
who poked frankie in the eye!!!!!!

Originally posted by teeohh:
who poked frankie in the eye!!!!!!

I think it was that shot from Finnegan at the end of the game.