LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

This one is on the players, not the coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I gotta agree. Physical mistakes gifted 24 points and the game to the Titans.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
blame that on McClueless for doing nothin in free agency.

A bad a receiver and an OLineman with a bad back...good work, dumba**
thread of the day

seriously im not being sarcastic, everybody wants to blame sing and raye, Raye called a pretty good game today. The players lost this one, missed tackles dumb penalties, turnovers and again not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs(defense).

Losing f**king sucks bad, but again people this is Sings first year as a head coach, this is Rayes first year with the 9ers as well, this seasson is far from over, but we are headed in the right direction.

i think everybody is an agreement that the #1 priority this offseason is the O-line, it has to be
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Walsh would always say you could scheme O but needed physical talent on D. Well we lack talent in key positions on our D and we can't scheme O. No wonder we stink.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Both teams have great running backs.....Theirs had 25 carries....Ours 15

Both teams have a 1st round bust at QB.....Theirs threw 19 times....Ours 45 times

So the players call the plays?

titans 1st round bust Qb had 0 turnovers
Niners 1st round bust QB had 4 turnovers

So the coaches make turnovers?

Both teams have a 1st round bust at QB.....Theirs threw 19 times....Ours 45 times

Question for you......We're you one of the Niners fans screaming last week for the coaching staff to open it up?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jimbagg:
In other words, this loss to Tennessee was all about the lack of player execution. I've often been harsh in evaluating the coiaching, but not this time. Both offensive and defensive game plans seemed sound to me.

Four turnovers from the QB position is losing football - plain and simple. And make no mistake, this was a devastating loss for the Niners 2009 season hopes and aspirations.

I didn't expect to see many deep passes from the Niner offense, given the injured state of the Niner OL going into this game, but I did expect the game plan to show more passing on the early downs, and it did. Gore got his 20-25 touches, if you include all the screens and swing passes. Vernon Davis was justifiably targeted on 7-8 throws. Jason Hill's re-appearance was a most pleasant surprise. Isaac Bruce, meet Wally Pipp. The OL blocked well enough most of the time, but the QB turnovers were just brutal and trumped all of the good things.

Defensively, the player intensity level in the defensive secondary just seemed off from the time of Johnson's very first carry for 14 yards. Nothing wrong with the scheme, which had to concern itself with Young's running, but when did Justin Gage become an All-Pro WR?

No, I'm not going to hang this one on the coaches or McCloughan. This was an out-and-out player execution embarassment, especially by the QB. How hard is it for these guys to spell F-I-N-I-S-H?

I went back and looked at the game again , Smith was not sharp but , here it comes he also was victimized by some pretty poor effort from Morgan and Crabtree, in the end it's on him, however the D was pretty bad too , how do you let Vince Freakin Young drop bombs on you , any other D those are picks
Originally posted by lamontb:

our qb isnt on the hook completely for all the Turnovers..

Scott Mcsuck is for drafting him.
coach sing for playing him
mike johnson for not fixing his mechanics

The wr's for not bringing in those throws..

The oline for not giving him that extra tenth of a sec.

lots of people to blame in alex sucking, not just him. I'm still on the alex bandwagon, but i dont believe all the blame for these turnovers falls on him.
Our Offensive play calling was down right horrible. I could turn on Madden right now and hit X and ask Madden for a play and it would be 100 times better than Jimmy Raye could call.
Originally posted by CMBieschke:
Our Offensive play calling was down right horrible. I could turn on Madden right now and hit X and ask Madden for a play and it would be 100 times better than Jimmy Raye could call.

lol this.

We really need to give gore the ball more and execute better on run plays, Arnt we like almost unbeaten when gore has 20+ carries and over a 100 yards in a game?

He`s hardly had a 100 yard performance this season....

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Nov 8, 2009 at 19:05:26 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
We really need to give gore the ball more and execute better on run plays, Arnt we like almost unbeaten when gore has 20+ carries and over a 100 yards in a game?

He`s hardly had a 100 yard performance this season....

Yes I agree. As much as I wanted the Niners to open it up, you still have to have some carries for Gore. 15 is not good enough
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by lamontb:

our qb isnt on the hook completely for all the Turnovers..

Scott Mcsuck is for drafting him.
coach sing for playing him
mike johnson for not fixing his mechanics

The wr's for not bringing in those throws..

The oline for not giving him that extra tenth of a sec.

lots of people to blame in alex sucking, not just him. I'm still on the alex bandwagon, but i dont believe all the blame for these turnovers falls on him.

Funny because the official Statistics don't say WR Caused INT or OLine caused Fumble...No they say simply INT and Fumble. Alex had 3 INT's and 2 Fumbles...breath it in...accept it...move on.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for pigskin.
Agree 100%! I was usually very critical with Raye, but not this game. I thought he had a good game plan against a poor pass D and it seemed to work. We could move the ball when the players execute.

No question the turnovers killed us.

... and Clements was sorely missed. He could have made this a different game matching up against Gage (who?) and providing run support. OK, it's on the coaching staff for having him returning punts... That was a sh*t poor decision.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I gotta agree. Physical mistakes gifted 24 points and the game to the Titans.

And that's how the game went. This one was given away.
Share 49ersWebzone