Quick Breather

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Every team has injuries

The only other team that I can think of that has damn near the same amount of injuries and issues on the OL is GB who is sitting at .500

Check the injury reports. Everyone has injuries!

I never said they didn't but when you lose multiple key guys its a lot easier to lose then to win.

All we're saying is that everyone loses key players. I hate it, too, but it's just nit a legitimate excuse.

3 OT's is one of the biggest reasons we keep losing. Yes Staley just went out, but the O line play killed Hill and hasn't been the best to Smith. It's the same thing GB is going through with Rogers, he is getting destroyed every game. If you can find me 1 other team who has lost 3 starting OT's and is winning please let me know.

I know it's an excuse but its a valid one. The whole teams find way's to win speech is great but were already thin at multiple spots and are having to bring in nobody's to play.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Every team has injuries

The only other team that I can think of that has damn near the same amount of injuries and issues on the OL is GB who is sitting at .500

Check the injury reports. Everyone has injuries!

I never said they didn't but when you lose multiple key guys its a lot easier to lose then to win.

All we're saying is that everyone loses key players. I hate it, too, but it's just nit a legitimate excuse.

3 OT's is one of the biggest reasons we keep losing. Yes Staley just went out, but the O line play killed Hill and hasn't been the best to Smith. It's the same thing GB is going through with Rogers, he is getting destroyed every game. If you can find me 1 other team who has lost 3 starting OT's and is winning please let me know.

I know it's an excuse but its a valid one. The whole teams find way's to win speech is great but were already thin at multiple spots and are having to bring in nobody's to play.

Nope not a valid excuse. It could be if they were playing well before the injuries. We were rotating players at RT and RG to "see if that helped" before Pashos got hurt. The OL was completely ineffective before Staley's injury. You have a point if this line was at all any good this entire season but it just hasn't been.

You have to look at the injuries as a whole as well. Having Gore out for a few weeks and Coffee starting was a major blow. Clements out today I think hurt us very bad. Lewis out and Roman in has cost us a few big plays as well.

Your initial point is a very good one but I'm looking at this in a sense that it now makes every other game harder because of who is gone.
"Pist" is a word?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
"Pist" is a word?

No
We have more key injuries year in, year out and that is b/c we have a Glass Joe players. Just good enough to still be fighting in the ring but the one guy you KNOW you can punch in the mouth and hurt. We're not a tough, fysical team. We take poor angles, our scheme put players in positions to get hurt, we have square pegs trying to fit in a round hole, etc. We ALWAYS have key injuries b/c we don't have many good players. Period.
Share 49ersWebzone