LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

PYMWYMI 2009, re-visited

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Looks like I could win this thing (6-10), though we'll likely beat Detroit and St. Louis.

if we dont beat both those teams....its gonna be a LOOOOOONG offseason my friend.

It's already gonna be a long off-season
Originally posted by King49er:
Looks like I could win this thing (6-10), though we'll likely beat Detroit and St. Louis.

if we dont beat both those teams....its gonna be a LOOOOOONG offseason my friend.

imagine if we lose to both DET and STL?

this board will need some sort of suicide watch. people were flipping out about losing to the eagles in Philly. a game we knew we were losing for about 7 months now.

lol good ol "49ersbipolarzone.com"
Originally posted by King49er:

imagine if we lose to both DET and STL?

this board will need some sort of suicide watch. people were flipping out about losing to the eagles in Philly. a game we knew we were losing for about 7 months now.

lol good ol "49ersbipolarzone.com"

The way things are going, I could see the team winning one and losing one and ending up 7-9. Again.
Looks like I missed on my 9-7 vote
  • dj43
I totally misjudged the development of the OL. (10-6 prediction)

I truly believed the improvement Rachal showed at the end of last year would carry forward - it hasn't.

I also believed that Marvel Smith would be fully healthy or they would not have invested the time and money in him - the Adam Snyder disaster.

My final misjudgement is one of just ignoring the obvious - David Baas is a very limited player who simply does not have the athletic ability to pull, trap and cut at NFL level. He is a mauler and nothing more.

I trusted the defense to play well enough to win 10 games, and they have, but a team without an offensive line is not going to be a .500 team.

In hindsight, it was a leap. I should have done my homework on Chris Foerster. It would have saved me some embarrassment.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Looks like I missed on my 9-7 vote

+1 but replace with
[ Edited by 49Fever on Dec 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM ]
Only 29 people remain in the running. At 9-7, I am not among them.
Originally posted by dj43:

I truly believed the improvement Rachal showed at the end of last year would carry forward - it hasn't.

I also believed that Marvel Smith would be fully healthy or they would not have invested the time and money in him - the Adam Snyder disaster.

My final misjudgement is one of just ignoring the obvious - David Baas is a very limited player who simply does not have the athletic ability to pull, trap and cut at NFL level. He is a mauler and nothing more.

I trusted the defense to play well enough to win 10 games, and they have, but a team without an offensive line is not going to be a .500 team.

In hindsight, it was a leap. I should have done my homework on Chris Foerster. It would have saved me some embarrassment.

Way to Man Up DJ

Exactly what I tried to debate with most zoners 6 months ago or so. The strength of the o-line is annually over estimated, but last off season this forum was WAY OFF. Even Staley is not as good as most zoners would have people believe.

I predicted 7-9, because I knew this was a Defense waiting to turn that corner, but the O would hold them back with too many 3 and outs. Just like the 2008 season. And if once again this organization runs another uninspiring off-season, expect the same exact results in 2010
  • dj43
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by dj43:

Way to Man Up DJ

Exactly what I tried to debate with most zoners 6 months ago or so. The strength of the o-line is annually over estimated, but last off season this forum was WAY OFF. Even Staley is not as good as most zoners would have people believe.

I predicted 7-9, because I knew this was a Defense waiting to turn that corner, but the O would hold them back with too many 3 and outs. Just like the 2008 season. And if once again this organization runs another uninspiring off-season, expect the same exact results in 2010

Manning up isn't hard when there is just no way to hide it.

To your comment about the 'zone over-estimating things; another area in which the 'zone has a highly exagerated opinion is Vernon Davis. He showed again yesterday he is far from a finished product. Darryl Johnston, a guy who has played with one of the best in the last 20 years, Jay Novachek, made three separate comments about the need for Davis to learn how to maneuver to get open for Smith on short passes, and just generally play the game well. He is fast and strong but has a long way to go yet if he is to become the game-changer a #6 overall pick should be. Let's hope he gets there next year but after four years I am beginning to think he is all he is going to be.
Congrats to the 16 8-8 guys

Quote:
16-0
schmons

Here are your winners:

8-8
BobS
49erfaninPA
cortana49
Defuego
spitninerred
lamontb
cNiner
AKfanster
A-R-S
phiLthyphiL
jays9ers
ncninerfan
NCommand
Micky6
morghed
saniner
Unfortunately I was right again @ 8-8 this year, 7-9 last year, etc.

Our record is as predictable as a Jimmy Raye play-call.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sad that we are correct at 8-8, and all the bashing we took for not being "real fans" because we were not delusional enough to think this was anything more than an average team, at best.
well done guys. I know who the real fans are. The real fans, well at least the educated ones will post optimistic predictions when there is something to be optimistic about. Not just hope and potential. All 32 teams have potential.

I predicted 7-9, missed it by a game. I didn't think we would sweep the Cards...wasn't totally surprised by it, but nonetheless I bet we wouldn't...so in that I was wrong about the 09 Niners.

It is no coincidence that the zoners who hit in the PYMWYMI usually are right on each season
Share 49ersWebzone