There are 205 users in the forums

Lets still be optimistic...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by LBCniner:
I understand we have lost 4 straight. I understand that we just lost to the titans, who we all assured would be an automatic win. I see some people are already calling the season quits when there are still 8 games left..well I will never give up on the niners...Alex Smith does not suck, two of those three ints were on the reciever and not him...Lets stop being haters to our own teams and lets start showing a bit of optimism..im tired of losing as well, but I still have faith we can win out and possibly get into playoffs, that 3-0 division record is really going to come in handy in the next several week...[/indent]

For the most part, i agree with you, but optimism isn't a highly valued perspective around here unfortunately

Especially if this team for several years start out good and end terrible you can't have hopes on this team either.

Yes I can...you can choose to be optimistic (yet realistic) instead of acting like the world is going to end, and that is what I choose
  • krizay
  • Veteran
this your 1st year in 9er talk? We are allowed to "hate" and be "negative" Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday through Saturday is when the rest of the Positive Patty's will join you.
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we have been optimistic for the past 4 games

and lost all 4

lets be real

We suck in all areas of the game and need to work hard to get better. Singletary better not sugar coat anything today/ tomorrow.

Last year against the Falcons would've been a 10-45 loss, same as this year.
Last year against the Texans would've been a 21-31 loss, about the same this year.
Last year against the Colts woul've been a 6-42 loss, and we kept up with them until the final minute of the game, losing by 4 and holding Manning TD-less though letting him pass for over 300 yards.
Last year against the Titans would've been a 14-35 loss, and we should've won this game if not for poor play from everyone.

Hrmmm, we still have a lot of improvement to go, but we've come a far way already.

~Dann~

Moral wins are things that Loser teams make up to try and convince themselves they're doing a good job

Definitely not even a moral win for us. This is a game we should've won to a team with a 1-7 record. This is a game we needed to win. What I'm implying is improvement from last year, but we have a long way to go.
I understand we have lost 4 straight. I understand that we just lost to the titans, who we all assured would be an automatic win. I see some people are already calling the season quits when there are still 8 games left..well I will never give up on the niners...Alex Smith does not suck, two of those three ints were on the reciever and not him...Lets stop being haters to our own teams and lets start showing a bit of optimism..im tired of losing as well, but I still have faith we can win out and possibly get into playoffs, that 3-0 division record is really going to come in handy in the next several week...[/indent]

U sir are an idiot and open your eyes we lost to a team that was blown out by 50 some points in the snow, a team J-ville slaughtered how the Hell can i be optimistic when THIS TEAM IS A FALSE HOPE, Changes need to start and it is showing MIKE SINGLETARY CAN NOT COACH his Bull s**t only goes so far
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:

U sir are an idiot and open your eyes we lost to a team that was blown out by 50 some points in the snow, a team J-ville slaughtered how the Hell can i be optimistic when THIS TEAM IS A FALSE HOPE, Changes need to start and it is showing MIKE SINGLETARY CAN NOT COACH his Bull s**t only goes so far

that was not necessary
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I'll get back to you tomorrow, when the anger subsides.
Smtih has yet to surpass 300 yards. And just like last year, we start out 2-0 and then lose 8 in a row! Bears will beat us
'Optimistic', by definition, means that you feel that this team will do well in the future.

We can only use 'inductive' reasoning to make a reasonable assessment of this team's future prospects, based on (repetitive) past evidence.

Given that, only a fool would be optimistic right now.
I'm optimistic..

Maybe next year we will go 4-1 before we take our annual nose dive.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximill15:
Smtih has yet to surpass 300 yards. And just like last year, we start out 2-0 and then lose 8 in a row! Bears will beat us

No...but he had 2TDs....

[ Edited by Nes49 on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:16:18 ]

Maybe you are the idiot they got blown out by the patriots!!! and they were away... come on now.. anyways think what you want, just know that real fans dont bail out on their team when they are going downward..we are supposed to bring them back up!!!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Maybe you are the idiot they got blown out by the patriots!!! and they were away... come on now.. anyways think what you want, just know that real fans dont bail out on their team when they are going downward..we are supposed to bring them back up!!!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
optimism can kiss my ass after 4 straight losses.

Arizona is running away with this division.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Xestenz:
'Optimistic', by definition, means that you feel that this team will do well in the future.

We can only use 'inductive' reasoning to make a reasonable assessment of this team's future prospects, based on (repetitive) past evidence.

Given that, only a fool would be optimistic right now.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
We're far from done, but today was a very winnable game, we had the lead in the 4th quarter and found a way to lose. We aren't finishing games (this is the 3rd time this year we've lost in the 4th not counting Houston), and that's not an optimistic sign. It's clear we've got some talent throughout the team, but equally clear we've got some definite deficiencies. I'm still in it for the season and hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but we won't if we continue to turn the ball over and give it away in the 4th.

Good points here.....seems like it comes down to guys making plays in the 4th quarter. The Titans had several guys step up and make plays in the last 15 minutes. The Niners had Willis......and Davis caught a couple of balls. Other than those, I didn't see much to feel optimistic about. I think Sing was right. This team just doesn't have enough winners on it right now. They seem to find ways to lose rather than ways to win.

Smith did not seem to make good decisions in the fourth. On both picks he threw into very tight coverage. Morgan didn't help him much by not coming back for the ball...but.....Smith really gambled on those last couple of drives...and got burned. The defense didn't impress either. Let's face it zoners....this team has a ways to go.

[ Edited by nw9erfan on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:26:26 ]
Share 49ersWebzone