There are 237 users in the forums

No Shock Here..........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Been there, done that.........

Of course, the hoards will be out clamoring about the 65% completion percentage, or the close to 300 yard passing stat....feats that Hill could barely achieve. And who can forget the "he's only 25 years old" or "his 5th coordinator in 5 years", something we've become accustomed to over the years.

But when its all said and done, this is the SAME Smith since the Norv Turner era. Giving us false hope.....showing some signs of life, only to crumple when it counts. Did the o-line stink it up ? Yep, sure did. But thats why Hill was better off than Smith, in this regard. Even with a poor oline, he limited the turnovers, and as bad as this team is....it gave us a chance at the end of games.

I dont want Hill back as starter......we all know he's a backup for life. And Nate is too raw to play for now. We'll just watch Alex take this team down with him, like he always does.....and hopfully.......NOW, after 5 years, our front management will acknowledge that QB is a glaring need on this roster.....and will go for one in the offseason through free agency. If we want to win now, then we need a proven QB. No project from the draft.

Thanks Alex.....for reminding some of us of why we jumped off your bandwagon in the first place.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Of course, the hoards will be out clamoring about the 65% completion percentage, or the close to 300 yard passing stat....feats that Hill could barely achieve. And who can forget the "he's only 25 years old" or "his 5th coordinator in 5 years", something we've become accustomed to over the years.

But when its all said and done, this is the SAME Smith since the Norv Turner era. Giving us false hope.....showing some signs of life, only to crumple when it counts. Did the o-line stink it up ? Yep, sure did. But thats why Hill was better off than Smith, in this regard. Even with a poor oline, he limited the turnovers, and as bad as this team is....it gave us a chance at the end of games.

I dont want Hill back as starter......we all know he's a backup for life. And Nate is too raw to play for now. We'll just watch Alex take this team down with him, like he always does.....and hopfully.......NOW, after 5 years, our front management will acknowledge that QB is a glaring need on this roster.....and will go for one in the offseason through free agency. If we want to win now, then we need a proven QB. No project from the draft.

Thanks Alex.....for reminding some of us of why we jumped off your bandwagon in the first place.
Alex Leaf
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Alex Leaf

thats one! only 3499 more to go.
I laugh at everyone who jumped on the Smith bandwagon
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Smitherception
It's stupid to try and defend Smith, but it's also asinine to believe that all of the team's problems rest with the QB position.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Wow we actually agree on most of it...except I'd rather see hill and his noodle arm in to keep it close than watch Smith throw games away.
"Good enough to get you beat" - that was Bill Walsh's ultimate description of Steve DeBerg, who could throw well enough to put 27-30 points on the board, but who could also turn-over the ball at a maddeniing rate and at the most inopportune tiimes. #11 looks more and more like the second coming of DeBerg, as I see it. Man, 4 turnovers on one game....!

S. Hill isn't the answer. Smith isn't the answer. Davis may be 3-4 years down the road. But, I agree that this club needs to win now. That likely means a veteran FA QB signing for 2010, with Smith moving-on to another team, likely as a back-up.

I have resisted the simplification of many on this board, who have cited the Niners' major major shortcoming as "the QB". No longer. No more excuses from me about the OL or the pass rush. It truley IS the QB.

[ Edited by jimbagg on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:42:11 ]
Originally posted by jcs:

Wow we actually agree on most of it...except I'd rather see hill and his noodle arm in to keep it close than watch Smith throw games away.

Right because 45-10 and 21-0 at halftime are "keeping it close."

• flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

We lost by seven with a s****y o-line. Calm down people.
blah blah blah, whole team sucks.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

We lost by seven with a s****y o-line. Calm down people.

lol. lost by 7 to a one win team at home.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Hmmmmm, Lambda, you might be on to something there with that "keeping it close" thing. lol

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:34:55 ]
Share 49ersWebzone