There are 216 users in the forums

The Jason Hill comeback thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't blame Hill for celebrating. The guy never gets a chance to play and comes up big with the first chance he gets. Send Morgan to the dentist and leave him there.
No way. Smith all the way. At least he throws the ball.

Smith had one bad game, so what. He starts next game and plays lights out. 4 TD's and 0 ints.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Can a sane poster please tell me why he doesn't get more playing time?

And can a sane poster also tell me why it's not Crabtree, Morgan and Hill? Along with VD and Gore that's pretty good.

Because this coaching staff is f**king clueless.

I've been saying over and over and over Jason Hill NEEDS TO BE IN THERE (not just should be). And I was laughed at by the Jason Hill haters. He and Crabtree have the best hands on the team. He catches everything. Honestly when was the last time you remeber Jason Hill dropping a key pass?

Plus he has 4.32 speed making him our fastest WR. We have Isaac Bruce who is like 40 years old by now and running a 4.8 these days and dropping every ball in sight. Even Josh Morgan drops way, way too many balls in many games in a row. Honestly the best hands are Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree. That's who should be getting the passes.

I just can't believe our coaching staff is this clueless and I have no idea what Singletary has against Jason Hill. All he ever does is run good routes, makes catches and score touchdowns whenever he is in for the last 2 seasons. IT'S NOT BASED ON HIS PLAY!

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:01:41 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran

And can a sane poster also tell me why it's not Crabtree, Morgan and Hill? Along with VD and Gore that's pretty good.

I've been saying over and over and over Jason Hill NEEDS TO BE IN THERE (not just should be). And I was laughed at by the Jason Hill haters. He and Crabtree have the best hands on the team. He catches everything. Honestly when was the last time you remeber Jason Hill dropping a key pass?

Plus he has 4.32 speed making him our fastest WR. We have Isaac Bruce who is like 40 years old by now and running a 4.8 these days and dropping every ball in sight. Even Josh Morgan drops way, way too many balls in many games in a row. Honestly the best hands are Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree. That's who should be getting the passes.

I just can't believe our coaching staff is this clueless and I have no idea what Singletary has against Jason Hill. All he ever does is run good routes, makes catches and score touchdowns whenever he is in for the last 2 seasons. IT'S NOT BASED ON HIS PLAY!

The decisions the coaches have made this season have probably already cost us a playoff appearance.

I'm with you, SD. Hill was a guy I had the niners taking in my mock draft in the second round. They got him in the third and I was ecstatic. Then he broke out last year I felt like a genius. Then this year he gets totally shut out by coaching for no good reason. I don't know what he has to do to earn a starting (or even slot) job, but I hope that today's showing is a step towards that.

I think Morgan and Crabtree are kind of similar in that they're both bigger, stronger, slower WRs. But Hill adds an element of speed without much of a drop off in strength. I think we need spend the next 4 days havinig Smith and Hill practice go routes so that we can back the Bears D up a little, and hopefully open things up for Crabs, VD, and Gore underneath.

The decisions the coaches have made this season have probably already cost us a playoff appearance.

Really the best 2 WR's on this team are Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree. It's blasphamy on this board to say that with Josh Morgan. But Morgan drops way, way too many catchable balls. And Isaac Bruce is completely washed up. Hill and Crabtree should be getting the passes and Hill has the speed that our offense lacks.

I honestly can't believe he was buried this far down our depth chart for this long, almost cut and not getting any playing time. He's possibly a #2 on this team and for goodness sake at least a #3.

It really makes me question who is in charge of this circus we call the 49ers.

How did he sneak on the active list? After today's performance, will the 9ers make Hill inactive for the rest of the season, or will they cut him all together?
Jason played good last year, he's route running looked sharp, and he also showed good sideline awareness by making some tip-toe catches. It really is beyond me why he isn't our slot WR, he would be a perfect slot for this team.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Smith had one bad game, so what. He starts next game and plays lights out. 4 TD's and 0 ints.

I don't blame Hill for celebrating at the end whilst still losing the game, our coaching staff has f**ked him around horribly and he's rubbing the irony in their faces.

Anybody remember the last pre-season game against the Chargers? We threw Hill in at the end and he showed more fluid route-running/breako-off than even Issac Bruce!

How Issac Bruce was even allowed back on the field after the Colts game is f**king beyond me, I can't believe our f**king coaching staff .

• B650
  • Veteran

Really the best 2 WR's on this team are Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree. It's blasphamy on this board to say that with Josh Morgan. But Morgan drops way, way too many catchable balls. And Isaac Bruce is completely washed up. Hill and Crabtree should be getting the passes and Hill has the speed that our offense lacks.

I honestly can't believe he was buried this far down our depth chart for this long, almost cut and not getting any playing time. He's possibly a #2 on this team and for goodness sake at least a #3.

It really makes me question who is in charge of this circus we call the 49ers.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. What's Singletary going to say next, "We'll see Tennessee in the Super Bowl?" This is getting irritating. I'm sick of all the talk. I'm sick of "we want to win," and "so and so gives us the best chance to win." I'm sick of it all. Enough talk. I want actions. If you want to win, then have your teams play like it. If you want to win, have your team get lined up in time without getting a delay of game penalty every quarter. Have your best players out on the field. Jason Hill should've been playing many games ago. It's sad because I know no changes are going to be made, so I guess it's going to be another lost season. Hopefully at the end of this season, we can bring someone in here that knows what the hell he's doing.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I don't blame Hill for celebrating at the end whilst still losing the game, our coaching staff has f**ked him around horribly and he's rubbing the irony in their faces.

Anybody remember the last pre-season game against the Chargers? We threw Hill in at the end and he showed more fluid route-running/breako-off than even Issac Bruce!

How Issac Bruce was even allowed back on the field after the Colts game is f**king beyond me, I can't believe our f**king coaching staff .

He's better than Isaac Bruce at this point in his career period. And Josh Morgan drops way, way too many catchable balls and is slow. Morgan is overrated on the WZ because he had a couple of good PRESEASON GAMES.

Bruce needs to be benched, Morgan next if he keeps playing like an idiot
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Dude Alex Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jason Hill!!!!!!!

What's wrong with you!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Bruce needs to be benched, Morgan next if he keeps playing like an idiot

I've been saying it over and over that Crabtree and Jason Hill have the best hands of the WR's but nobody is listening.
Share 49ersWebzone