There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats

Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Dude Smith played bad. This team played bad.

We ARE NOT a good team. FACT

+1

Whose fualt is that? they fire Nolan and keep all of his scrubs?

Can WE CLEAN HOUSE PLEASE

I meant talent wise and coaching wise
the defense diddn't play great today...but man, they gave Alex ALOT to work with as far as making critical stops and such...Alex just plain blew it today..........P.S. i think this will be his last year on this team.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

1. He saw the guy should have moved right instead of hanging in Pocket, but maybe im thinking of the wrong fumble.
2. Pass was late allowing the D to get there
3. Smith tried to squeeze it to a blanketed Morgan and it got tipped up.

Time to Play Davis
4. Drafted #1- Mcloughans Fault
Alex needs everything to go in his favor in order for him to do well, not great, but just well. Not exactly the sign of a franchise QB or a starting QB for that matter.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

on paper it's not his fault! but on PAPER! IT'S ALLLLLLLLLLL HIS FAULT!

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why do people think tipped INTs are OK, especially ones that are tipped by the DB? The DB tipped it because of a late or bad read.

I have no idea

This team won't be better until we move on without Alex. If we don't, everyone one here will be giving Alexcuses when he's 30.

dude we have NO ONE better than Alex right now and thats Fact

That is true...we have someone who cannot score and a retard...good work, Scotty...
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
the defense diddn't play great today...but man, they gave Alex ALOT to work with as far as making critical stops and such...Alex just plain blew it today..........P.S. i think this will be his last year on this team.

Your lips to Jed's ears...if he has ears
Actually had Morgan came back to the ball the defense wouldn't have had any play on the ball.

I wonder if this is the only gorup of fans that disects every throw a QB makes......INTs happen, bad games happen......it's not areason to pull your QB unless it becomes a trend.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Actually had Morgan came back to the ball the defense wouldn't have had any play on the ball.

I wonder if this is the only gorup of fans that disects every throw a QB makes......INTs happen, bad games happen......it's not areason to pull your QB unless it becomes a trend.

It's been a trend for Alex since 2005.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Actually had Morgan came back to the ball the defense wouldn't have had any play on the ball.

I wonder if this is the only gorup of fans that disects every throw a QB makes......INTs happen, bad games happen......it's not areason to pull your QB unless it becomes a trend.

whiners boomer. whiners. If reactionary rhymed with niners, we'd be that, too.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Actually had Morgan came back to the ball the defense wouldn't have had any play on the ball.

I wonder if this is the only gorup of fans that disects every throw a QB makes......INTs happen, bad games happen......it's not areason to pull your QB unless it becomes a trend.

Excuse me...look at Alex Smith's lifetime INT to TD ratio and tell me this is not a trend...the numbers do not lie...
I have always supported Alex and I hope he will be the guy that we thought we were getting when he was drafted....

...but today was just ugly.

T anyone out ther who says the turnovers weren't his fault, you're kidding yourself.

Alex has had the same problem his entire freakin career. He waits until he's sure to pull the trigger and the hesitation kills him.

Its that simple.

The first pick was thrown late. Thats why it was tipped and thats why it was picked.

The second pick was all his fault...he stared down the reciever.

The third pick wasn't all his fault, but he has to give his reciver a chance to make the catch before getting blasted.

I think (and have always thought) Josh Morgan completely blows and he's not really helping Alex too much out there, but these turnovers are on Alex.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

Quote me later haters IDGAF. This is not an ALEXCUSS it is fact Morgan couldn't catch a Pump fake today. Our team lost as a whole today. Line Failure not a shock. We scrambled to put it together. The team was lackidaisical ALL week at practice. I'm afraid to blaim Sing because he might kill me with his SNAKE EYES. Everyone failed. . We still go 10-6.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,895
lol