LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

I respectfully disgree! He looks that bad. Throw high, throw low, just miss receivers all over the places.

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

Agree
The stat that matters the most: W-L

We lost, and Alex had a big hand in it.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Post of the year.........fumble wasnt his fault...fluke play. What was I thinking ?

how about number 2 man.... fluke play yet again lol, d was in the right place at the right time? sure they were, STOP WITH THE FRIGGGIN excuses for this guy, this isn't new news, staring down his recievers, overthrowing his recievers, throwing too hard... any of that sound familiar?? oh yeah thats the same ol alex smith.

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:04:27 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

the dude sucks, plain and simple
Originally posted by stormman:

I respectfully disgree! He looks that bad. Throw high, throw low, just miss receivers all over the places.
What game was you watching ?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dhp318:
he looked like he was trying too hard to make plays... should've thrown balls away when the play wasn't there.

And everyone would b***h about that, he needs to go somewhere else he will never be accepted in SF

I've been a Smith supporter since day 1, and I agree with you on the fumble and 3rd pick. But on the first pick, the ball got there way late and the second one he stared down Morgan. Those are on him. He's just inconsistent. One play he looks really good, and the next he looks really bad.
Originally posted by jcs:

What about the 2nd fumble?...thank god for gore...it still cost us a possession.

Hill has a noodle arm but he doesn't create turnovers...gives us a chance if the D is playing well. Smith is just going to continue to LOSE games.

Hill can't get first downs or td's and the defense gets worn out because he hardly ever moves the ball
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by stormman:

What game was you watching ?

Are you kidding me? What game were you watching?

Originally posted by znk916:
How can you make excuses for him when Rich Gannon isn't? He was hammering home the point that Smith kept waiting and throwing late, which meant the db's were all over our receivers when the ball got there, leading to tipped balls and thus the INTs. I'm a Smith apologist, but this was a brutal game for him.

Because all Smith supporters know more than Rich Gannon! ..and oh yea .. that fumble was because someone's head got in the way!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
watever, dont' wanna hear excuses

Bring in Hill or put in Davis[/quo

I have been a Niner fan now since 81, I live in Nebraska (Air Force) so I'm stuck watching the games on my big screen. I can honestly say that Alex made 2 bad throws. He was on fire for the first 3 quarters, just needs to learn how to finish. Anyway, what really makes me sick is all the negativity surrounding him. You can almost see him pressing trying to win the fans over. If I were him I would love to play all 16 games on the road where the fans aren't freaking idiots. The only time the home crowd is loud is when they boo Alex. Grow up people, if you love your team stand with them. I especially hated seeing the punks on the Titans talking crap at the end of the game. Niners til I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by jcs:

What about the 2nd fumble?...thank god for gore...it still cost us a possession.

Hill has a noodle arm but he doesn't create turnovers...gives us a chance if the D is playing well. Smith is just going to continue to LOSE games.

Hill can't get first downs or td's and the defense gets worn out because he hardly ever moves the ball

I was going to post stats but I'll leave it with this...we are 3-3 with hill...if you blame the houston game on him even though he didn't get to finish. We are 0-2 under Alex and the short week doesn't look favorable if he is the starter.
Well, after getting ripped on the tgame day thread after I mentioned some of Smith's liabiliteis, I UNFORTUNATLY fell vindicated, for what it's worth.

This season seemed so promising, this really sucks..

Smith was every inch the equal of his stats; 24 points worth. High and hard passes in the middle of the field, a certain recipe for just what happened.

They really need to bring in Nate in the next few games it we are losing, "IF"" crap..

Did you see the last big hit Frank took when Smith laid him out with yet another high pass. He didnt get up too fast and just looked dejected..

It will be interesting to see what, if anything MS does after this showing. Does he put Hill back in, rotate them, take a look at Nate??

The rest of the season the QB position is just going to bring this team down unless we get some big surprise performances..

Plus, how many freakin injuries did we sustain today anyway?? Seemed like our guys were dropping like fly's.

Hoping for the best, but not expecting it any more..

NINERS!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone