LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Can someone tell the dumb SOB (Alex Smith) to stop throwing it to people that are covered.

Damn it!

[ Edited by lazy on Nov 8, 2009 at 16:54:43 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
"Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats"

It's the same 'ole, same 'ole with Mr. Smith...High passes and turnovers in critical situations.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by obx49:
"Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats"

It's the same 'ole, same 'ole with Mr. Smith...High passes and turnovers in critical situations.

Agreed.

Same Ole.

We have all seen this before.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

Post of the year.........fumble wasnt his fault...fluke play. What was I thinking ?

[ Edited by ZRF80 on Nov 8, 2009 at 16:54:55 ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

Post of the year.........fumble wasnt his fault...fluke play. What was I thinking ?

Post of the year? No. Insightful and truth? More than likely. This game is Alex's fault, but is as much everyone else's fault too. I guess that's what you get for being a QB. The other 10 can suck and you still take the rap for it too. Hell, even the defense stunk it up today and Alex is taking crap from that too. Awesome.
he looked like he was trying too hard to make plays... should've thrown balls away when the play wasn't there.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Who cares? He's not a winner. VY is better than him. Alex sucks. We need to move on.

really....how many TDs did he throw today?.....
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by sincalniner:

Dude I'm with you on this, however you need to go and hide under your bed because all the "smith sucks" crowd is coming for you, NOW!

Smith doesnt suck.

He is also not a true NFL starter.

Get used to it.

Bingo. He is an average QB.

People only say that he suck because that makes them feel better. After all, if he really is that bad, all we need is a good QB and off we go to the SB!

They don't wanna admit that this team is nowhere near as good as they think it is. And I'm talking O, D and ST. We are NOT a playoff team, sorry.

People keep talking about Smith. I'm more concerned about that fact that our D couldn't generate ONE SINGLE turnover today.

You are so right, our return game absolutely gives us no chance whatsoever to generate any momentum. I blame the GM and coaches because they do not know how to cultivate talent. Frank Gore is still elite but I can start to see crack in the armor that were not there before, HE WILL NOT LAST another 3 years. The backup behind him is no good and the O-LINE after so many years of drafting still is inadequate. PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS they are kidding themselves if they feel they are a playoff team.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A

He gets the unluckiest tips ever.

three of his 5 ints are off ints
yes he was

I blame Joe Nedney! Did you see that sorry excuse for an on-side kick!
Smiths' biggest issue was timing, there were moments he was looking fluidly comfortable with the offense and moments where he threw out of desperation.

And the funny thing is that we played out the spread almost 70% of this game and Alex couldn't find his comfort zone.

-50% of this was Alex, 50% the line. -Even crappy QBs like Kyle Orton can look good behind an A+ offensive line, so until we have an offensive line we're not going to make the playoffs.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brandonjg:

He gets the unluckiest tips ever.

three of his 5 ints are off ints
Alex shouldn't bee throwing it into coverage...maybe the passes wouldn't be tipped.
Everyones overreacting, Smith will comeback strong next game!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
watever, dont' wanna hear excuses

Bring in Hill or put in Davis

NO! to Hill

Yes to Davis. Seasons a wash. We know Alex and Hill blow need to see what can do because we need to draft a QB with one of our picks
We better draft OL !
Share 49ersWebzone