There are 116 users in the forums

Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

I'm with you on this one. Definitely a poor showing, a lot of it was Alex's fault, but everyone has a bad game. The WRs need to fight for the ball more. I do believe all 3 interceptions were tip drills too. You either catch the ball or bat it down. Smith should've only had one interception.

It's not only Smith, other than Frank Gore and Vernon Davis and possibly Heitman, this offense just sucks.

And the defense needs to learn to cause turnovers like in the first part of our season. I can't even remember our last turnover...

~Dann~
How can you make excuses for him when Rich Gannon isn't? He was hammering home the point that Smith kept waiting and throwing late, which meant the db's were all over our receivers when the ball got there, leading to tipped balls and thus the INTs. I'm a Smith apologist, but this was a brutal game for him.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sincalniner:

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

Dude I'm with you on this, however you need to go and hide under your bed because all the "smith sucks" crowd is coming for you, NOW!

Smith doesnt suck.

He is also not a true NFL starter.

Get used to it.

on paper it's not his fault! but on PAPER! IT'S ALLLLLLLLLLL HIS FAULT!
We're only two games down. Titans had the best defense in the NFL last year, they have one of the best secondaries in the NFL and a cornerback in Rod Hood who use to gameplan for us twice a year. Give Smith a break.
  • Veteran
I don't blame Smith, with the OL that we have what can anyone expect from him.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Alex has Improved so I will still support him but Alex needs to be held accountable for HIS BAD PLAY...... Same as Josh Morgan for his & OFFENSIVE LINE FOR THEIRS.
Alex is very motivated, worked hard and have been playing to his pay grade. Ownership and Sr management has been pleased.
Look, I think we all want Smith, or any QB for that matter, to succeed, but Smith looked half speed today. It's weird because the last two games he played very fast, the game wasn't overwhelming him but this game showed the AS we had in 2007. He was throwing passes late, he was fumbling (yes the oline is partially to blame), he was tracking receivers, and he made bad decisions. Just too much junk.

Smith is not my biggest concern though, our D is. Where are the big plays? Where are the turnovers?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
watever, dont' wanna hear excuses

Bring in Hill or put in Davis

Davis maybe , WTF is Hill going to do

Who cares? He's not a winner. VY is better than him. Alex sucks. We need to move on.
Just stop it. We've been making these type of excuses for years now. He's not the savior, accept it.
man I'm done. I have no hope for alex smith. I will never want him to be our qb again. this thread is stupid seriously I don't know how its possible to make any more excuses for this man. This thread is about as productive as a Lawrence Phillips Appreciation thread.

Originally posted by Crown:
Let me tell you something about Smith in case your new to the crime scene......

....Smitherception!

Stop the excuses and accept reality.

So its Smith's fault that Morgan failed to catch a pass that hit him in the chest, the ball bounced up in the air, caught by a random defender, and ran back for a TD? You serious?
Originally posted by 190836:
I don't blame Smith, with the OL that we have what can anyone expect from him.

aren't you tired of making excuses for the guy? i'd be tired of 4 years going on 5 in the making!
Share 49ersWebzone