LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Smith Wasn't As Bad as the Stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Considering a herd of turnstiles were blocking for him, Smith played solidly. (And no, this is not an "Alexcuse": take away home runs by Gore and our rushing average is at or near league bottom.)

Fire Foerster, draft linemen.

3 picks and 2 fumbles is not "Solidly"

He also completed 64% of his passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Aside from the fumbles the performance wasnt that bad up until the 2nd Int. There was a few poorly over/under thrown balls but generally it was ok.

I know he has had enough chances but im willing to see if Smith can reddem himself with big performance on Thurs. I dont want to completely discount the last two weeks impressive performances (its too depressing to think all is lost!)
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Considering a herd of turnstiles were blocking for him, Smith played solidly. (And no, this is not an "Alexcuse": take away home runs by Gore and our rushing average is at or near league bottom.)

When was the last time we had a QB throw for more than 200 yards 3 games in a row? I'm hoping he does it again on Thursday, this time without the picks.

Does that include the ints?

LB
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
watever, dont' wanna hear excuses

Bring in Hill or put in Davis

Good God. . . . Really? Hill? You want someone chucking ducks all over the place again?
Originally posted by Squirrel:

Good God. . . . Really? Hill? You want someone chucking ducks all over the place again?

If our oline was better, I would rather have Hill out there, with this oline, Smith is better.

Hill would do better because of Gore, when the oline played well, Hill played well.

But with a bad oline, Hill is more useless than Smith.

And I'm scared for Nate Davis, I hope they don't f**k up his career...keep him on the bench.

Sadly, this Niner season might be over then.

Oh, and Smith's passes weren't great yesterday, at least Hill's ducks come out on time...either way, both QB's are not the future.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

If our oline was better, I would rather have Hill out there, with this oline, Smith is better.

Hill would do better because of Gore, when the oline played well, Hill played well.

But with a bad oline, Hill is more useless than Smith.

And I'm scared for Nate Davis, I hope they don't f**k up his career...keep him on the bench.

Sadly, this Niner season might be over then.

No way. With Hill in there the defense puts 8 or 9 guys in the box which is why we couldn't run.

Oh, and Smith's passes weren't great yesterday, at least Hill's ducks come out on time...either way, both QB's are not the future.

You kidding me? Smith had two really good passes for TDs or long plays. That one TD pass to Hill was all Smith. The offense line sucked and Smith had to break out running to the sideline and throw to Hill.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Smith was staring down his receivers, and had 4 turnovers. I dont care what you guys say, Alex is not the answer.

Yep, looked like the same old Smith. Same problems that I think he's never going to overcome. Continues to stare down people and throw the ball too late; pretty bad NFL formula.

alex has the arm to get it there, or near there even if late.
Hills ducks come out on time, but take so long to get there, that the wind knocks them down.

It gives the defense another player.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Smith was staring down his receivers, and had 4 turnovers. I dont care what you guys say, Alex is not the answer.

Yep, looked like the same old Smith. Same problems that I think he's never going to overcome. Continues to stare down people and throw the ball too late; pretty bad NFL formula.

I have to scratch my head at some of the comments , no smith was not that great and seems to be taking some heat on this board . But when I think I have seen the craziest comments all I have to do is just go to the raiders board . One week it is screw Hill put in Smith , next week it is screw Smith put in Davis . It is so funny how fast you guys are ready to give up on your team .
Are you kiddin me!...Smith was horrible..don't give me excuses...
Originally posted by ktate14:

he was better than anyone else on the bench.
Originally posted by ktate14:

Smith wasn't horrible. His stats and very good plays prove that. Hill could not have made that TD throw to Hill in the first half.
Share 49ersWebzone