Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
For those that are interested in stats:

Alex's stats this season thus far:

6 TDs 5 INTs 690 yards 83.3 rating.

i want winners!

Hill

5 TDs 2 INTs 943 yards 79.6 rating.

i really don't care who starts for us. i just want to win games. if it means smith starting, that's fine.

well it has been 6 games since Alex has won a game....so hopefully he snaps this streak this Thrusday.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 23:17:35 ]
Smith was staring down his receivers, and had 4 turnovers. I dont care what you guys say, Alex is not the answer.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

i want winners!

Hill

i really don't care who starts for us. i just want to win games. if it means smith starting, that's fine.

well it has been 6 games since Alex has won a game....so hopefully he snaps this streak this Thrusday.

All of you are stupid!!!!!!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

i want winners!

Hill

Those stats don't mean as much as W-L

I agree.

i want winners!

Hill

aw man......don't worry dude

I know it has been 6 games.....but that is the past and you are only as good as your last gaa.........

i want winners!

Hill

I know it has been 6 games.....but that is the past and you are only as good as your last gaa.........

He was playing 3 of those games that he started with a grade 3 shoulder separation but yeah...this losing shts gotta stop lol.

Im with u on that.

i want winners!

Hill

He was playing 3 of those games that he started with a grade 3 shoulder separation but yeah...this losing shts gotta stop lol.

Im with u on that.

I'm just joking with the whole 6 games thing....I'm sure there were more variables to those loses.......like one HUGE one MIKE NOLAN.

I just think there is just too much Pressure for Alex here in San Francisco....too much bad memories that still affect him on the field....I think his best bet would have been to sign with a different team......I'm sure teams like Buffalo, Tampa, Cleveland, etc could have all used him one way or another this season...

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 23:57:52 ]
you guys are all new to football.

put in Davis? yeah ok....because hes going to do a heck of alot better halfway through his rookie season. come on. remember what happens when you just throw a rookie in the game with no experience and a crappy OL? bad things. thats the answer. and itll ruin his confidence. this organization repeatedly ruins the development of its QB's by tossing them into the fire.

we didnt run the ball enough today. raye and sing got drawn into the media pressure to pass more since smith had been doing well, and the more you pass, the more likely you turn the ball over. smith didnt play terrible.

how old is everyone on this board again? 10? 12? grown men throwing temper tantrums and saying "i wish alex smith was dead" or some crap. come on. if you cant handle a tough loss without looking like a super douche, maybe football isnt for you.

we arent as good as we thought this year, but sing hasnt even coached a full 16 game season yet. calm down. if were in this spot next season, then you can gripe. even if we made the playoffs, wed get bumped in the first round.

YES HE WAS.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
you guys are all new to football.

put in Davis? yeah ok....because hes going to do a heck of alot better halfway through his rookie season. come on. remember what happens when you just throw a rookie in the game with no experience and a crappy OL? bad things. thats the answer. and itll ruin his confidence. this organization repeatedly ruins the development of its QB's by tossing them into the fire.

we didnt run the ball enough today. raye and sing got drawn into the media pressure to pass more since smith had been doing well, and the more you pass, the more likely you turn the ball over. smith didnt play terrible.

how old is everyone on this board again? 10? 12? grown men throwing temper tantrums and saying "i wish alex smith was dead" or some crap. come on. if you cant handle a tough loss without looking like a super douche, maybe football isnt for you.

we arent as good as we thought this year, but sing hasnt even coached a full 16 game season yet. calm down. if were in this spot next season, then you can gripe. even if we made the playoffs, wed get bumped in the first round.

With Davis in there, the OL will magically learn how to block people, and little poor girls all around the World will turn into sparkly pink fairies capable of flying at high altitudes.
I'm just joking with the whole 6 games thing....I'm sure there were more variables to those loses.......like one HUGE one MIKE NOLAN.

I just think there is just too much Pressure for Alex here in San Francisco....too much bad memories that still affect him on the field....I think his best bet would have been to sign with a different team......I'm sure teams like Buffalo, Tampa, Cleveland, etc could have all used him one way or another this season...

Agreed, i'm starting to think this as well. He's just had such a bad past that i feel that he needs a clean slate. Coach Singletary has tried to give him that but it's obvious that fans don't feel the same way.

-9fA
  • hopeforniners
  • Info N/A
Although Smith didnt play very well today, he was not the reason the niners lost today. It was because the receivers except vd and gore couldnt catch worth anything.
In addition, our o-line as usual stunk it up.
And the defense was missing all day.
Seriously, this team has only a handful of players who would be starters in other teams and the lack of talent mixed with a ridiculous amount of non-creative play call is destroying the team.
At this point, Scott M. has to be replaced and possibly Singletary too because inspiration and ruh-ruh get you only so far in the pro game.
And I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm really tired of this team playing below part for the better part of 10 years now. I've wasted my 20s rooting and looking forward to every game and season. Enough is enough.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
1. The Fumble wasn't his fault. Fluke play
2. 1st INT was also a fluke play -- right place, right time by the D
3. 3rd INT was Morgan's fault -- right place, right time by the D

Didn't look awesome (of course), but looked good in the 2 min drill (again) and made one big mistake (pick #2).

O-line didn't help him at all

HIs whole career has been like that so cannot be that much of a fluke no
Share 49ersWebzone