LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

We aren't making the playoffs anymore.. correct?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by jed_york:
Yes we are making the playoff, without any doubt. Our players remain the most motivated and disciplined.

The act gets old NolanHasAPlan.

Busted, lol
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
We still have a chance, but the cards won't make it easy..

Part of me doesn't want to see us make it, we will get raped.. and get a s**tty draft pick.

Next year should be the year for real.. (assuming raye isnt calling the plays.. or if he is, that maybe we have better oline play)

Raye called a nice game today , smith did not have his best game. Morgan really hurt the team when he did not catch the pass that went into the air for a int.
HE mixed it up more yes, but I still think we need a bit more spread offense, that and the fact that he didnt attack the titans "weak" secondary.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by danimal:
we never were!

Here is how the Niners franchise works.

Team Sucks one season.

Off season, insufficient changes are made. STupid fans buy it.

Team sucks again.

Now replay that over and over.

That ladies and gentlemen is the post Eddie D San Francisco 49ers in a nutshell

Both Singletary and Heitman think they played pretty well , delusional? we'll see
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i would lvoe to make the playoffs

it aint happening
Season's over for me now, can't see us making the playoffs. I'm sick of being so appaulingly bad though, so many false promises, so many "this is the years" it's utterly depressing. We need to have the ultimate draft next year and a massively strong FA, no excuses.
No Demetric Evans' No Tubby Banta-Cain's, No Deshaun Foster's, lets go after top players who can bring the glory days back to the bay.

We need to be that team that gets the 7th Round Marques Colston's, the 6th round starting RG who's a beast from a small school who starts and plays really well.

No excuses Scott this year, it's sh*t or bust time.
Everybody chant along with me and say in unison, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE. Maybe if we say it long and hard enough management will listen to us and grant us what this team need a new direction. By chanting MIKE, I mean Holmgren or Shanahan either one will do.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Everybody chant along with me and say in unison, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE, MIKE. Maybe if we say it long and hard enough management will listen to us and grant us what this team need a new direction. By chanting MIKE, I mean Holmgren or Shanahan either one will do.

We come out and hit people in the mouth, show me don't tell me it's all BS, he learned from Nolan and now the record is similar, we have the wrong Mike
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by danimal:
we never were!

Here is how the Niners franchise works.

Team Sucks one season.

Off season, insufficient changes are made. STupid fans buy it.

Team sucks again.

Now replay that over and over.

That ladies and gentlemen is the post Eddie D San Francisco 49ers in a nutshell

Both Singletary and Heitman think they played pretty well , delusional? we'll see

Heitmann is another chump I never liked!
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Forget it already. The Cards crush on the road and we stink it up at home. How come no one is blaming Singletary? If this was Nolan, everyone would be screaming for his head.

You obviously missed my "stupid is as stupid does" post. The short version is Raye is a moron for his play calling, and Singletary is for backing him. Scotty is a moron, for too many reasons to list here. So next year - let's welcome home Mike Holmgren as the new GM, Mike Shanahan as the new HC, and Norv Turner back as the OC.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Forget it already. The Cards crush on the road and we stink it up at home. How come no one is blaming Singletary? If this was Nolan, everyone would be screaming for his head.

You obviously missed my "stupid is as stupid does" post. The short version is Raye is a moron for his play calling, and Singletary is for backing him. Scotty is a moron, for too many reasons to list here. So next year - let's welcome home Mike Holmgren as the new GM, Mike Shanahan as the new HC, and Norv Turner back as the OC.

Holmgren is not GM quality

Do you really want to bring Turner back....so he ca jet at another HC opening?

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
It looks like MadDog is correct, we will get to .500 if were lucky. We won't make any runs until next year at the earliest. We just have too many holes.

5 years later and we still have serious holes. Oline, passrushers, safety, QB, it's the same every year.

Its our front offices fault
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Holmgren is not GM quality

Do you really want to bring Turner back....so he ca jet at another HC opening?

I really don't think Turner will get another HC opportunity any time soon.
Here are the facts which point to an obvious answer: We aren't going to make the playoffs. The Cardinals are the better team and they keep beating good football teams. We keep losing to good ones... and bad ones. Just look at the facts:

49ERS

Record: 3-5
Division Record: 3-0

Remaining Schedule:

Bears
@Packers
Jaguars
@Seahawks
Cardinals
@Eagles
Lions
@Rams

CARDINALS

Record: 5-3
Division Record: 1-1

Remaining Schedule:

Seahawks
@Rams
@Titans
Vikings
@49ers
@Lions
Rams
Packers

The overview:

49ers
4 opponents with winning records remaining, 2 of which are home games
3 Division games remaining, 1 of which is a home game (Cardinals)
1-4 against teams with current winning records

Cardinals
2 opponents with winning records remaining, both of which are home games
4 Division games remaining, 2 of which are home games
3-1 against teams with current winning records

[ Edited by mississippi_sam on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:21:21 ]
  • dald1
  • Veteran
in the beginning of the season i had hope that my first game at candlestick against the cardinals would have playoff implications. I WAS WRONG.
Same old Niners
Share 49ersWebzone