There are 189 users in the forums

Nate Davis Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
FREE NATE ! ! !
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by taney71:
This is just stupid. You don't put a rookie in with no offense line.

You don't put anyone in there with this offensive line.

This might be the worst offensive line in the HISTORY of the NFL.

We're in contention right now with the Packers for that accolade, they're still ahead of us cause Rodgers has more sacks than Smith and Shaun combined thus far.
Am game
count me in
Davis save us!!!!!!!!!!
  • TFSP
If AS losses 2 more games starting tonight vs. DaBears, then they have to give Nate a chance to start, play 4 games and see if we will need a Qb from the first round next year.

• Riot
  • Veteran
Wow, today I was thinking to myself: "I wonder how Niner Talk is doing, there's gotta be some intelligent posts by now."

I was wrong.

Nate Davis has the potential to be a great quarterback, but playing him now would be putting him in a terrible situation. Let Alex get crushed behind our O-Line for now, then see where Nate's at next year.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I say in a few more games, if we are 3-7 or 3-8 & Smith doesn't show much progress then why not if only for a game or two? I'd rather have us not take another QB in the draft next year
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
I think there is no way nate davis should start 1 game this year barring injury. Alex deserves at least this year to play out the season and see how he progresses. What happens if he plays bad for 2 more games and then lights it up fo the last 4? We are already at a crossroads of the season and need to win now to have a chance. Starting nate will surely result in a few losses early even if he is the next joe montana. this would essentially drop us out of the race next year. Give alex this season because it puts us in the best position this season and next year. Having the rest of the season to evaluate him is most beneficial in the long run. If he continues to play bad the rest of the year hes a bust, however if he turns his career around then he does. There is no benefit to starting nate this year he is simply not ready i dont care if he is our future or not. In short alex deserves this year becuase it will FINALLY give us an accurate evaluation of his abilities. Starting nate davis ruins our chances of making the playoffs this year, starting alex at least gives us a slim chance now matter how small that is and the bottom line is i will take a small chance over no chance any part of the day.
I hope the coaches are getting him ready for the last part of the season to get a chance to look at him play. Our current QB situation is terrible and has been for years.
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
The fact that I'm:

a) even reading this thread
b) nodding along to the comments

is the biggest indication of where this team is and how lost they are. Start Nate Davis? Sure, whatever. Does anyone even care anymore?

Yes, we care. We want to see the 49ers win.
We're tired of 'Sticking with Smith' because he 'deserves' to play.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Not this year.
Some Rookie QBs play well and show Promise, why not take a look at Nate "this year"?

Originally posted by Xestenz:

You don't put anyone in there with this offensive line.

This might be the worst offensive line in the HISTORY of the NFL.

From what I see, the QBs make this OL look worse than they really are.
They are good enough to win with.

Originally posted by Riot:
Wow, today I was thinking to myself: "I wonder how Niner Talk is doing, there's gotta be some intelligent posts by now."

I was wrong.

Nate Davis has the potential to be a great quarterback, but playing him now would be putting him in a terrible situation. Let Alex get crushed behind our O-Line for now, then see where Nate's at next year.

Although I'm all for Alex getting crushed, we need to see what Nate has before the next draft.
Based on his preseason performance he's the best QB on the team. We need to see if he can do the same in the regular season in order to make an informed decision on what to do at QB next year.

Originally posted by hcniner64:
I think there is no way nate davis should start 1 game this year barring injury. Alex deserves at least this year to play out the season and see how he progresses. What happens if he plays bad for 2 more games and then lights it up fo the last 4? We are already at a crossroads of the season and need to win now to have a chance. Starting nate will surely result in a few losses early even if he is the next joe montana. this would essentially drop us out of the race next year. Give alex this season because it puts us in the best position this season and next year. Having the rest of the season to evaluate him is most beneficial in the long run. If he continues to play bad the rest of the year hes a bust, however if he turns his career around then he does. There is no benefit to starting nate this year he is simply not ready i dont care if he is our future or not. In short alex deserves this year becuase it will FINALLY give us an accurate evaluation of his abilities. Starting nate davis ruins our chances of making the playoffs this year, starting alex at least gives us a slim chance now matter how small that is and the bottom line is i will take a small chance over no chance any part of the day.

Which Alex Smith have you been watching to think that we would have a "small chance of making the playoffs" with him?

I honestly believe that Nate gives us the better chance.
Given Alex's past record, we'll be losing about 70% of the time, that won't get the 49ers in the playoffs.

Tell Mike Nolan that! ...

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Nov 12, 2009 at 15:03:26 ]

And if they put in Nate and he doesn't do any better, we'll be calling for a franchise QB in the draft - and when they draft him and he doesn't well in this system, we'll all be calling for Jed York to clean house. Throwing in Nate at this point is a sign of desperation saying "I don't know what else to do." There are a lot of other problems with the team. How many veteran QBs have had miserable games - McNabb, DeLomme, etc and yet their coaches are still playing them. Even Drew Brees and Steve Young didn't play well early on in their careers. Alex Smith will not get better without game time and Shaun Hill would have been 1-year QB anyway.

I am willing to be patient and wait for that chemistry to develop with this team. If we keep playing YoYo with our Qbs, we'll never get anywhere.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
So is this thread about Alex or Nate?

Either way there is another one out there.

Search function.
Share 49ersWebzone