LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Nate Davis Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's official guys, no more riding the Alex Smith wagon. We've alredy seen what shaun hill's got. Its about time to give the rookie and chance. It time to bench the Choke artist and start Nate Davis.
lol i cant believe im supporting this, im a huge smith fan but he isn't our franchise QB. we're not making the playoffs, lets see what he can do
Eh, why the hell not. *takes swig of Brazilian liquor that I can't pronounce*

f**k man. Every f**kin' year.
Our season is over! Might as well and throw Nate in there to see if we need to draft QB next year. Were Done!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
lol i cant believe im supporting this, im a huge smith fan but he isn't our franchise QB. we're not making the playoffs, lets see what he can do

Exactly what I thought to start the year. But wanted Smith to start then throw in Davis when we reached this hopeless point. Shoulda just cut Hill out altogether. Neither are the answer.

[ Edited by krizay on Nov 8, 2009 at 16:27:42 ]
Play Nate! Jimmy can run a simple offense for davis.
Im still on the alexwagon.

He needs his wr's to get better seperation..

he needs the wr's to actually catch the f**king ball when its within reach.

and he needs jimmy raye to stop calling bulls**t.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Shaun Hill didnt get help from his recievers either, and jimmy raye gave him nonsense calls but he didint suck as much as Alex. So that's not an excuse.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
It's official guys, no more riding the Alex Smith wagon. We've alredy seen what shaun hill's got. Its about time to give the rookie and chance. It time to bench the Choke artist and start Nate Davis.

No...that would be a great way to ruin a rookie. Kid needs to sit on the bench for a couple of years.
Originally posted by jcs:

No...that would be a great way to ruin a rookie. Kid needs to sit on the bench for a couple of years.

Just maybe he isnt your typical rookie. Maybe he can actually give our team a spark and make some plays. Maybe he can produce like Flacco did in his rookie year. Maybe he can't do any of this.

We should find out.
The fact that I'm:

a) even reading this thread
b) nodding along to the comments

is the biggest indication of where this team is and how lost they are. Start Nate Davis? Sure, whatever. Does anyone even care anymore?
Season is done for, get Nate in. Sick of seeing Hill and Smith who are not the future of this franchise. Give it to Nate and then draft a decent Quarterback in the first round next year. I'm fuming right now.
Originally posted by jcs:

how do u ruin a rookie?

a player is either good or he's not. we'll find out if we start him
Share 49ersWebzone