LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Alex "The Mirage" Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow one bad game out of a guy and we need to bench him? This was bound to happen. Get over it. He's going to have bad games.

Either way he better step it up. He can't force things like JTO.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Smith had one bad game and everyone is going nuts. I thought he looked solid out there. Other than the 5 turnovers (at least 3 weren't his fault), dude looked good.

I guarantee Smith will have the game of his life next game! At least 4 Td's! and no int's!

How? Smith tends to get down on himself. It showed as this game progressed. It showed throughout his career. And it showed whenever they let him loose.

I wonder what Singletary is thinking right now. He got rid of O'Sullivan & Martz because they didn't take care of the ball. Now he has Smith.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Wow one bad game out of a guy and we need to bench him? This was bound to happen. Get over it. He's going to have bad games.

because he looks like the same OLD guy, nothin has changed, staring down his recievers, overthrowing guys, throwing too hard and most importantly he does not look like a leader, NO CONFIDENCE.
This wasn't his best game but it wasn't a complete turd either. The small things are killing us, every tipped INT ends up being a TD. If we can curb the turnovers and start creating some again things will improve, until then..............
Alex Smith supporters please wake the f^%k up
I guarantee Smith will have the game of his life next game! At least 4 Td's! and no int's!

lets see u singing the same tune come thursday when Smih has the opposite
4 picks & 0 TD's

DAMN GROUPIES JUST DONT GIVE UP HUH???
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
the entire O lost this game. Too many penalties, too many bad decision, lack of an Oline is still hurting this team.

I'm not going to make any excuses for Smith because his play was bad today, but the horrid quality of the Nines o-line was painfully apparent today. Did anyone notice the amount of time VY had versus Smith? Is the Titans o-line just made of supermen or what?

It will never cease to amaze how the Nines o-line (and their d-line at times) makes any d-line they play look like an unstoppable collection of all-stars. It's f**king disgusting.

WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM?

You start at the top and work you're way down...even Walsh couldn't save this team from the Yorks.

One thing that has been lacking from this team for a very, very long time is the instinct to go for the kill. Destroy your opposition - why in the flying hell do they go all conservative with a 7 point lead. Go for the throat - end the game - grow a pair and win.

Most of our players have only known losing. They don't know what it takes to win.

Yeah, but at some point they need to overcome and persevere. This kind of football is getting old.

One interesting point as my girlfriend so astutely pointed out: the Nines have lost every game since Crabtree signed.

Coincidence?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

because he looks like the same OLD guy, nothin has changed, staring down his recievers, overthrowing guys, throwing too hard and most importantly he does not look like a leader, NO CONFIDENCE.

Funny no one was saying that after houston and Indy game.

Look Alex played bad today I agree. But it's not because he's the same old alex. He's playing reckless and trying to force things. Before he was too tentative and now he's throwing into triple coverage. Smith needs to have balance. That will come as the season goes on. Switching Qbs is only going to make things worse.

Again I'm not making excuses but making irrational comments and decisions is just as bad making excuses. It is what it is: poor game by everyone including the Qb. That's it. We were over confident and we lost. Alex forced a lot of his throws.
He's a bust. No matter how you look at it.

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Alex's fault or not. 5 Turnovers is 5 Turnovers.

So it's not Alex's fault...

It seemed like you were laying low to see if Alex would win one, and now your out again. I have to ask you, are you still on Alex's jock or did you let loose finally?
Alex "Smallhands" Smith

[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:35:54 ]
I'm guaranteeing an Alex Smith comeback of epic proportions! 4 Td's at least and 0 int's!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Funny no one was saying that after houston and Indy game.

Look Alex played bad today I agree. But it's not because he's the same old alex. He's playing reckless and trying to force things. Before he was too tentative and now he's throwing into triple coverage. Smith needs to have balance. That will come as the season goes on. Switching Qbs is only going to make things worse.

Again I'm not making excuses but making irrational comments and decisions is just as bad making excuses. It is what it is: poor game by everyone including the Qb. That's it. We were over confident and we lost. Alex forced a lot of his throws.

Switching QB's after 6 games was worse now it's just day to day. Sing is going to loose this team...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Alex Smith supporters please wake the f^%k up

No, you wake the f**k up. Look at who his backups are: a 30-year-old with no talent and a young QB with talent and no brain. See why we're rooting for him? Don't blame us for it.
Share 49ersWebzone