There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex "The Mirage" Smith

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Alex Smith = JT O'sullivan

Seriously, JT looked good throwing the ball down field just like Alex has for most of the time, but it was the costly turnovers that were JT's downfall. Alex is throwing the ball well most of the time, but his turnovers are killing us.

Actually....IMHO, I think JTO has more accuracy than Smith....

Oh boy..I predict a wild thread...

I think this would be a good time for me to mention that I thought Robinson looked strong on that one run up the middle......I think he should be given more starting opportunities.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Seriously, JT looked good throwing the ball down field just like Alex has for most of the time, but it was the costly turnovers that were JT's downfall. Alex is throwing the ball well most of the time, but his turnovers are killing us.

I think this would be a good time for me to mention that I thought Robinson looked strong on that one run up the middle......I think he should be given more starting opportunities.

I also think Robinson should be used on some passing plays. The guy can run. Some swing passes from Smith would be pretty beneficial and would throw defenses off. Gore, M Rob, Walker, Davis, AND Crabtree on the field at the same time...? Whoo...lot of opportunities the defense has to account for.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I also think Robinson should be used on some passing plays. The guy can run. Some swing passes from Smith would be pretty beneficial and would throw defenses off. Gore, M Rob, Walker, Davis, AND Crabtree on the field at the same time...? Whoo...lot of opportunities the defense has to account for.

No offense but we could also throw in Rice and Taylor in there, and it won't matter because this OL is the worst OL I've ever seen play.
im sorry, you give him the rest of the season because this game wasnt that bad, he showed alot of good along with the bad. If he still isnt producing then we draft a qb. You all need to stop being bi-polar week to week.
  • OHHWHAT
  • Info N/A
People in here crack me up. Yesterday people are on Alex's N%TSACK, willing to have him take their sister's virginity, and today he sucks???......Any QB behind our O-Line will look terrible.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
im sorry, you give him the rest of the season because this game wasnt that bad, he showed alot of good along with the bad. If he still isnt producing then we draft a qb. You all need to stop being bi-polar week to week.
the scrambling fumble monkey did his thing.....

does not matter what year it is...you see the same results and hear the same exact excuses
Originally posted by ZRF80:
this is not new......

I was hoping he could pull through for us this season, but yep........same old Alex. Of course, Im waiting for the.....

1) he's only twenty-{blank} years old
2) it's his 5th coordinator in 5 years
3) bad supporting cast
4) bad OC
5) defense's fault

Bad Offensive Line?

Originally posted by B650:

No offense but we could also throw in Rice and Taylor in there, and it won't matter because this OL is the worst OL I've ever seen play.

Definitely the worst I've seen our team have. Actually the last 3 years have been particularly atrocious. I feel sorry for Dilfer, Hill, and Smith.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
If we donot beat Chicago then I want to see Nate Davis play
What a totally exasperating and deflating feeling to see him throw 2 INTs in what could have been defining moments for him and this team .

The worst possible thing that could have happened - and it happened TWICE!

It just isn't there. It just isn't.....It just isn't.... (shakes head, shakes head)

Yes he should, but why is that big guy so easy to tackle? Why cant he bust out a yard with goal to go?
  • titan
  • Veteran
If you thought Alex Smith was bad..imagine if Hill was the QB! Yes some plays didn't go our way lets' see how he does the whole year.
Honestly I don't think that he played bad. The fumble and that last pick were flukes. We definitely still need to work on securing the ball, but overall I thought he looked pretty good.
the qb thats gonna lead this team to wins and playoff appearances doesn't reside on our roster. i could care less who plays between alex or hill, i guess if i had to pick i'de say alex. i just know either way, neither guy leads us to anything special. that guy still needs to be found elsewhere