LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Alex "The Mirage" Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm really tired of everyone putting the losses on Smith. Did he play well? At times. The line could have blocked better, Morgan could have come back to the ball and caught it instead of popping the ball up for a free pick 6. Haralson needs to get Johnson tackled on 4th...the list goes on.

We must beat Chicago. We must go 5-3 or 6-2 in the second half. We can still win the division.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I NEVER wish for injuries to our team but in this case I WILL!!!

hopefully Chicago hurts Smith so i dont have to see his pathetic ass on the field for the rest of the season

You are f**ked up

Hey when something is broken u fix it & this case its the QB i know Singletary wont pull him asap but my buddy Mr Injury will without a hesitation

dude wishing injuries on people is f**ked up.

Okay so than we go Hill and continue the same s**t just by losing my more points because that guy doesnt know how to score. He sucks so does smith.

Smith>Hill
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Alex Smith supporters please wake the f^%k up

Shaun Hill supporters please shut the f^%k up

Thanks

Don't like to hear the truth? Typical Smith sympathizers

No Smith sucks but Hill sucks worse.

I have more faith that he could have pulled out one of these last 3 games.

Alex Smith last 3 games -4 TD's 5 Turnovers

Hill couldnt make half the throws Alex could make we wouldnt have even scored two tds with hill.

They suck. The line sucks. The coach sucks. the D sucks. The owner sucks.
So what good are two TD's when you give away 3 and a Field Goal? ... Gosh I hope you're not employed as a Bank teller!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 8, 2009 at 18:08:15 ]
It's fitting. This whole team is Jekyll & Hyde. Great D last week, terrible this week.
Smith has the physical attributes and I will admit he has not had the best circumstances, but good players find a way to succeed.

Bottom line, Smith doesn't have "it".
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Alex Smith supporters please wake the f^%k up

Shaun Hill supporters please shut the f^%k up

Thanks

Don't like to hear the truth? Typical Smith sympathizers

No Smith sucks but Hill sucks worse.

I have more faith that he could have pulled out one of these last 3 games.

Alex Smith last 3 games -4 TD's 5 Turnovers

Hill couldnt make half the throws Alex could make we wouldnt have even scored two tds with hill.

They suck. The line sucks. The coach sucks. the D sucks. The owner sucks.
So what good are two TD's when you give away 3 and a Field Goad? ... Gosh I hope you're not employed as a Bank teller!

Lol so shaun hill would have had 3 and outs all day. Dude just stop your not making any f**king sense. Hill sucks so does smith. Hill has PROVEN he cant make the MAJORITY of throws in the NFL. Smith atleast can. Hill is the 3 and out f**king king. The D played like ass. When Brady throws picks do the fans f**k him up when the O scores on the D??? No the Ds job is to stop the O not Alexs. Yes alex f**ked up. still I dont buy the he gave them 17 points bulls**t
I keep hoping AS will learn how to "look off" the primary receiver, or check down through the reads on a given play, but for the most part, he locks on to the primary read he makes at the line, and the defenders just follow his eyes.

Until he makes some changes, it's purely a gamble with him as our starting QB.

Another long and disappointing season.

hopefully Chicago hurts Smith so i dont have to see his pathetic ass on the field for the rest of the season

You are f**ked up

Hey when something is broken u fix it & this case its the QB i know Singletary wont pull him asap but my buddy Mr Injury will without a hesitation

Okay so than we go Hill and continue the same s**t just by losing my more points because that guy doesnt know how to score. He sucks so does smith.

Smith>Hill

Exactly. Smith played well at times and his mere presence allowed Raye to call his best game of the year. Sure he made mistakes, like holding the ball too long, but he made some nice plays too that Hill could never replicate. In my opinion, only two turnovers were his fault--the first fumble and second INT. Of course, it's troubling that we're talking about which of his turnovers weren't that bad. However, the second fumble was all Snyder and the other two picks, especially the 3rd we're on tip-balls. Smith gives us the best chance to win games, and we've almost won all three in which he played.

Once again, its a coulda, shoulda, woulda situation. Too many drive-killing penalties, poor OL play, crucial missed tackles (ahem, Haralson), a couple erratic throws, a D that can't defend the PA-pass, etc.

I'm as tired of losing and coming up just short in the process as anyone, but we can't blame this loss entirely on Smith either. Hopefully we beat the Bears and get some confidence back. If Raye calls the same game plan as he did today, I think we have a shot. I'm glad it's a short week so we'll hopefully erase this awful memory.
Alex can't handle the pressure when the game is on the line
Originally posted by LundyLove:

No one on this s**thole team can

I think one more game then the coach will try to see a little of Nate. The Bears game just doesn't look good now. They lost big, will be pissed and Cutler is a very good QB. Their ST with Hester, nuff said, so... be afraid for Thursday night..

So Nate, if you are one of those who say he can't play, too green, dumb, did you see what Freeman did today? He won, no turnovers..

Both Stafford and Sanchez have been doing pretty fair. To be sure the 4 int day by Sanchez sucked, but ahh, maybe he didn't fumble twice too..

I want to see what Nate can do. Smith is 0-6 in his last starts, Hill is 7-1 at t he Stick. Nate has wheels and throws, in preseason, on of rope, and leads his WRs, among other things..

Why the f**k not?
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
SHAUN HILL WOULD HAVE WON AGAINST THE TITANS. GUARANTEED.

agreed.

I just want to see what Nate Davis has before we go spending a first rounder on another QB
Originally posted by LundyLove:

No one on this s**thole team can

agreed. parys missing that tackle killed me

You are f**ked up

Smith>Hill

who said Hill will come back to be the starter???
Singletary will get smart & like he has said all through the season he's going to put the best 11 players on the field the ones that give him the best chance of winning after seeing what Hill brings to the table (NOTHING by da way) he'll roll the dice with Davis just like he did when he threw in Crabtree after all the receivers wont doing jack a few weeks ago

You are f**ked up

Smith>Hill

who said Hill will come back to be the starter???
Singletary will get smart & like he has said all through the season he's going to put the best 11 players on the field the ones that give him the best chance of winning after seeing what Hill brings to the table (NOTHING by da way) he'll roll the dice with Davis just like he did when he threw in Crabtree after all the receivers wont doing jack a few weeks ago

As long as your not preeching for hill lol
Share 49ersWebzone