There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Practice players of the week

Singletary named linebacker Diyral Briggs, wide receiver Jason Hill and center Cody Wallace as practice players of the week.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/07/SPDJ1AGDFH.DTL

What more can Jason Hill do to prove he should be on the field? The guy did great down the stretch last year and IMO is superior to Battle/Bruce at this point in their careers. Play the man!
As for Briggs/Wallace I hope CW played well enough to show he can move over to OG we're running out of options on the OL. Briggs this guy was raved about by everyone in the PS and was recently brought up I really hope he can be this years Haralson and start coming in on 3rd downs and applying some additional pressure on the QB.
I would really like to see these guys get an opportunity especaially Hill.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Singletary named linebacker Diyral Briggs, wide receiver Jason Hill and center Cody Wallace as practice players of the week.

What more can Jason Hill do to prove he should be on the field? The guy did great down the stretch last year and IMO is superior to Battle/Bruce at this point in their careers. Play the man!
As for Briggs/Wallace I hope CW played well enough to show he can move over to OG we're running out of options on the OL. Briggs this guy was raved about by everyone in the PS and was recently brought up I really hope he can be this years Haralson and start coming in on 3rd downs and applying some additional pressure on the QB.

I hope briggs turns out to be helpful this season! it sounds like he great at getting a nose to the ball and QB
Deactivate the old man Bruce and throw Hill into the lineup.
I can't comment on Hills blocking ability, or his route running, or his grasp of the playbook. He's probably weak in one or more of these aspects which is keeping him from being a relevant part of our offense. However, if he's the practice player of the week, it probably means that he's improving as a complete receiver. He's always had raw talent (I think we saw glimpses of his potential late last season), but I'm guessing he still has to get better before he starts playing.

Briggs hasn't been good enough to crack our regular squad. I believe he was called up after Pashos, Staley and Clements went down with injuries. I'm glad he's doing well, but let's hold back our excitment until he plays and does something in a regular season game. I think he'll be playing behind Lawson on Sunday.

Wallace's transition to guard (If that's even what the coaching staff is trying to do) might take a few more years. Remember, we drafted David Baas out of Michigan as a center in 2005. It took him until this season before he finally got comfortable.
agree, hill and jones should rotate as #3
Originally posted by matt49er:

maybe be named offensive scout player of the week instead?
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
I can't comment on Hills blocking ability, or his route running, or his grasp of the playbook. He's probably weak in one or more of these aspects which is keeping him from being a relevant part of our offense. However, if he's the practice player of the week, it probably means that he's improving as a complete receiver. He's always had raw talent (I think we saw glimpses of his potential late last season), but I'm guessing he still has to get better before he starts playing.

Briggs hasn't been good enough to crack our regular squad. I believe he was called up after Pashos, Staley and Clements went down with injuries. I'm glad he's doing well, but let's hold back our excitment until he plays and does something in a regular season game. I think he'll be playing behind Lawson on Sunday.

Wallace's transition to guard (If that's even what the coaching staff is trying to do) might take a few more years. Remember, we drafted David Baas out of Michigan as a center in 2005. It took him until this season before he finally got comfortable.

baas STILL isnt comfortable...or maybe he's just not that good
Originally posted by elguapo:
agree, hill and jones should rotate as #3

this
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

Alot of people think we drafted Baas as a C but Baas actually played most of his time in college at OG. He only played C when the starter got hurt and the team didn't have anyone else to back up.
I think Bruce is going to get another start and another opportunity to improve on his play, but I'd like to see more of Jones and I'd like to see Hill active and on the field.
I want to see Wallace replace Chilo or Baas.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I want to see Jason Hill, Michael Crabtree, and Josh Morgan on the field at the same time.
Originally posted by B650:
I want to see Jason Hill, Michael Crabtree, and Josh Morgan on the field at the same time.

I'd settle for Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by B650:

I'd settle for Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones.

How about Jones, Hill, Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis? You would think at least one of them would get open.